stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DandY said:

Be happy you guys can visit both ways during this process! I'd kill to have my fiancee visit me in the US.

Your approval will come soon! Just hang in there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Britanee7 said:

Why can’t they?

Don't want to derail the happy train of approvals, but let's just say the U.S. is not as welcoming of visitors from all countries. 

Just now, Britanee7 said:

Why can’t they?

The beneficiary has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will return to the Philippines.  Since the main export from the Philippines are OFWs (Overseas Foreign Workers) tourist visas are almost impossible to get.

Just now, DandY said:

Don't want to derail the happy train of approvals, but let's just say the U.S. is not as welcoming of visitors from all countries. 

You are so eloquent!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

The beneficiary has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will return to the Philippines.  Since the main export from the Philippines are OFWs (Overseas Foreign Workers) tourist visas are almost impossible to get.

Just now, DandY said:

I’m really sorry guys! Didn’t realise. I guess I’m lucky after all. Even if it is the most emotional thing leaving him x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

If he pays child support then I believe they should be listed and there is an option for full or partial support on the I-134 in the dependents. However I'm not 100% sure since they don't live with him..

It's my understanding that the deciding factor is whether or not you claim them on your taxes as a dependent. That would be your guide b/c if you do, then you have to include them when looking at the Visa Income Requirements.

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

You are so eloquent!

Hey john have u been through narita? And if so how hard is it to get around?

Just now, Murph4865 said:

Hey john have u been through narita? And if so how hard is it to get around?

Narita is wonderful!  It is a beautiful modern airport and getting around is very easy there.  That is where I'm going through on the 9th.  Hong Kong is challenging but Narita is very easy.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

Narita is wonderful!  It is a beautiful modern airport and getting around is very easy there.  That is where I'm going through on the 9th.  Hong Kong is challenging but Narita is very easy.

Ok that is also where i fly through on the 11th i have been through hong kong at it was huge and a nightmare to get around and find where i had to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

3 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

Congrats all junies that have been approved today! I’m so happy for you! 

Needed to come on here as feeling really low today! Last day with my fiancé and I go back to UK and was really hoping I’d get the approval whilst I was here! Wishful thinking I know considering I’m a June 30th received date!

why does it have to be so hard! Really don’t want to go back!

1 minute ago, DandY said:

Be happy you guys can visit both ways during this process! I'd kill to have my fiancee visit me in the US.

@Britanee7 I'm a June 30 filer too. We will get there soon. Let's keep the faith.

@DandY - I'd do the same. The US embassy in Manila is just too strict with B2 visa applications. My fiancée was denied a tourist visa last year. She has a nice, stable job, a couple of properties, pays her taxes but was not lucky enough to be granted a visa. Makes me think the embassy is making a big business out of Filipino applicants.:wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Adamma Jerome said:

Are we expecting more today since it's after lunch in California?  Hope so 

my optimism says yes .. from this mornings activity it looks good...

wait for the end day scan and keep confessing approval to yourself !!!  (that's my tactic)  

Just now, Murph4865 said:

Ok that is also where i fly through on the 11th i have been through hong kong at it was huge and a nightmare to get around and find where i had to go.

No kidding.  Not much English on the signs in Hong Kong either.  You will like Narita.  They guide you to a single area to get checked into the connecting flight.  They are very helpful and friendly.  They will have people meet the flight and tell you where to go as you get into the terminal.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, SwimminginSync said:

I wonder if Meagan Markel has to wait 179 days.... 

I'm willing to bet that she may be expedited by the UK.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.