stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, jswptw said:

I agree with John. This administration is intentionally slowing the immigration process. Even in the H1B Visa program there are many RFEs being issued for no reason. Likewise in the K-1 Visa process, people are receiving RFEs for things they have already sent. Many of the lawyers that have handled those for years are frustrated by the process. Here are some interesting articles:

http://www.wsmimmigration.com/immigration-law-insights/2017/wall-street-journal-trump-administration-challenging-h-1b-visas/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-tightens-scrutiny-of-skilled-worker-visa-applicants-1511114338

This is correct! My fiance works at a law firm dealing with HB1s and he said that they get frustrated because the government authorties issue RFEs just as the "normal processing time" is about to expire (i.e. 2 days before!), thereby further delaying the process!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings to everyone on this thread!

Recently stumbled upon this topic( like.. 20 mins ago, wondering why i haven’t seen it sooner considering the fact i’ve been searching for forums like this! :huh:) and I’m wondering if any june filers have their NOA2 and Case number already. 

We received our Noa1 on June 19, and still awaiting news til now. 

What comes next? I keep checking this website https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcmZAsCUgGkGeCtkc_-v  and it still says the CA center is still processing the applications dating May 1. 

Any tips or Reassurance that our application hasn’t been lost or sucked in a black hole to oblivion would he nice. :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

Greetings to everyone on this thread!

Recently stumbled upon this topic( like.. 20 mins ago, wondering why i haven’t seen it sooner considering the fact i’ve been searching for forums like this! :huh:) and I’m wondering if any june filers have their NOA2 and Case number already. 

We received our Noa1 on June 19, and still awaiting news til now. 

What comes next? I keep checking this website https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcmZAsCUgGkGeCtkc_-v  and it still says the CA center is still processing the applications dating May 1. 

Any tips or Reassurance that our application hasn’t been lost or sucked in a black hole to oblivion would he nice. :jest:

Enter timeline here on VJ and you will get an estimate on the date your case will be processed. Processing times are now up between 170 and 180 days now from the time of your NOA1 to NOA2. The USCIS website has not been very accurate. It is a guideline to help you to know if your application is still being processed within the offices "normal" processing times.  This VJ website is much more helpful for getting a better sense of what the service center is actually working on. Hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a quick question about the Affidavit of sponsor form. 

Where it mentions dependants, is this where my fiancé (USC) would list his children? The do not live with him, nor did he file them on his taxes.

Sorry for the silly question. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, IshTre said:

Enter timeline here on VJ and you will get an estimate on the date your case will be processed. Processing times are now up between 170 and 180 days now from the time of your NOA1 to NOA2. The USCIS website has not been very accurate. It is a guideline to help you to know if your application is still being processed within the offices "normal" processing times.  This VJ website is much more helpful for getting a better sense of what the service center is actually working on. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the help! Just did my Timeline, and the estimate is around Dec 8 - 12 :wub: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

Thank you so much for the help! Just did my Timeline, and the estimate is around Dec 8 - 12 :wub: 

Welcome to the group! The people here are awesome and very helpful. You will learn a lot. :thumbs:

I'm from WA and my fiancée is from the Philippines too. :wub:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tony and Tillie said:

Welcome to the group! The people here are awesome and very helpful. You will learn a lot. :thumbs:

I'm from WA and my fiancée is from the Philippines too. :wub:

Thanks! 

It’s past midnight in manila, and i’m trying to cram in as much info as possible, backreading all the comments etc.

i feel like i’ve missed out on soooo much :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

Thanks! 

It’s past midnight in manila, and i’m trying to cram in as much info as possible, backreading all the comments etc.

i feel like i’ve missed out on soooo much :wacko:

I felt the same when I joined 2 weeks ago. You'll be able to catch up pretty quick, don't worry.

In summary, there is a delay in processing apps and we're facing a long(er) wait. Look out for updates from Naes, vocaledge, The Squirrel, Daniel P to get an idea on stats. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Tony and Tillie said:

It's "saranghae", if I'm not mistaken :)

Thanks.  Jona is actually from the Philippines.  She's been in Korea for the past few years on a work visa.  I'm praying that doesn't delay the process even more.

17 minutes ago, MommaMiller said:

Thanks.  Jona is actually from the Philippines.  She's been in Korea for the past few years on a work visa.  I'm praying that doesn't delay the process even more.

Mahal kita! in Tagalog... 

That shouldn't delay anything.  She can go to any Embassy/Consulate.  She is interviewing for the US, not the country she is in.  Good luck to both of them and you!

There are so many horror stories about unsupportive parents.  Both Carl and Jona are very lucky to have you.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 11/12/2017 at 7:09 AM, vocaledge said:

Just let me know your date/WAC and I will add you @emylady

@Jolie&Charles @Pitou  Got you both :-)

Hi!

i’ve added mine. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.