stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

I didn't know that... I'm really lucky about this cat issue then !! One my cats is Scottish fold and they don't let them in cargo! 

Cargo is better with all other kinds of animals, than in the hold imo. In the cabin is even better for my peace of mind.

Lotts’ quote would include any tapeworm treatment, vet checks etc.

UK has one of the strictest rules for pet quarantine and is generally rabies free so in turn US is not so strict.  We just have to do rabies injections every 3 years if we want to travel, but when I take my dog to Spain, the Spanish say rabies injection every year. 

Anyway, I’m rambling - here’s your info sheet on it

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/56/~/pets---cats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Naes said:

I didn't know that... I'm really lucky about this cat issue then !! One my cats is Scottish fold and they don't let them in cargo! 

Guessing it may not be a good idea to fly a cat as cargo. I will be flying with my Persian cat, but few airlines allow snub-nosed cat/dog breeds in. It's been  quite an adventure to find one

Edited by Alvy91

Timeline
18 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

May be cheaper if you go via Dublin or Paris. You should be able to take cats in the cabin from those airports. In UK, they treat all animals as Cargo. Ireland you can also do POE pre clearance.

Yup, my dog has to go in cargo... costing me £1200 GBP (probably more than my own ticket).

She doesn't NEED rabies vac, but have had it anyway... all she HAS to have is a 'fit to fly' certificate from the vet 7 to 10 days before we leave.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

Yup, my dog has to go in cargo... costing me £1200 GBP (probably more than my own ticket).

She doesn't NEED rabies vac, but have had it anyway... all she HAS to have is a 'fit to fly' certificate from the vet 7 to 10 days before we leave.

Ha! That’s a good price. I’ve even looked at empty legs on private jets and cruise ships (then they can also accommodate my shoe collection!). Grr!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Alvy91 said:

Guessing it may not be a good idea to fly a cat as cargo. I will be flying with my Persian cat, but few airlines allow snub-nosed cat/dog breeds in. It's been  quite an adventure to find one

Snub-nosed cats are a big problem... we are in cabin and I'm still scared... 

@Lotts

when they're normal only one of them serenades, but I'm scared of a full power duet concert for the passengers....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Lotts

when they're normal only one of them serenades, but I'm scared of a full power duet concert for the passengers....

It should all be fine spraying Feliway inside the crate before flying... it's supposed to calm them down a lot

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Alvy91 said:

My dog has pug in him. Same problem. He doesn’t have a snub nose, but still has pug in him. I have a certificate that he’s got strong heart and lungs from when he was last anethestised in Córdoba. 

I called Iberia and they have their own vet who will check.

However, I got a quote from Spain to LAX for €1300 via Frankfurt  stop over (great Lufthansa pet facility) as they can’t fly 2 legs the same day. I think it was this company near Malaga Don’t worry if they’re not your area, call them anyway as they’re a wealth of knowledge and really helpful. www.premierpettravel.com

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Alvy91 said:

It should all be fine spraying Feliway inside the crate before flying... it's supposed to calm them down a lot

Ok I'm researching on that now!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Lotts

Sounds like a great time for a Pipe Organ Encounter. 

Yessss. Back to POE 😂😂😂

Edited by Lotts

workday is about to start or has started for the early birds at USCIS :D wohoooooooooooo!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
10 hours ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

If you didn't stay longer than your allowed time, then why not show it? In it shows you were here and din't try to cheat the system because you went back. I guess it would be all about how they look at it. But your lucky, Oh how I wish My fiance could come visit me in the USA while we are waiting. But Everything you have even if it is before 2 years wouldn't hurt. think the only requirement is that you've seen each other at least once in the last 2 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But for me and my Kids, we are praying harder than ever that their soon to be step mother and sisters will be approved this week.

it's true, I did not have this point of view.. Thank you B-)

Oh I wish I visited him more but everytime  we were about to buy a flight ticket we thought that this process would end soon so to wait a bit longer.. Last time seeing was 12th July.. But like i said, we are at the end of the tunnel !

Your family will be reunited soon ! Let's stay strong ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/24/2017 at 11:23 PM, John & Rose said:

The current administration is isolationist. They are anti-immigration so all we can really do is end up like the thousands of other groups that are protesting something. Yes, the White House has to respond but that response can simply be that the petition is exactly why we need less immigration in the US. I see it as possibly strengthening the resolve against immigration. We are frustrated because of the wait but I do not believe anyone in the current administration will be overly concerned if we cannot bring our foreign partners here. I have resolved to wait it out. Once I hit day 183 I will call and make an inquiry. I do not believe doing anything prior to that will make any positive difference. We knew that when they re-prioritized the family and work visas in April. 

Also,I do not believe non-US citizens have the right to petition the US Government. I doubt if US Citizens have many rights to petition foreign governments either. So we are back to the roughly 60,000 K1 petitioners per year and a vast majority of those get approvals before the advertised normal timelines are exceeded. It is a huge uphill battle and there aren’t enough petitioners to even make the matter anything but a page 3 news item. 

I agree with John. This administration is intentionally slowing the immigration process. Even in the H1B Visa program there are many RFEs being issued for no reason. Likewise in the K-1 Visa process, people are receiving RFEs for things they have already sent. Many of the lawyers that have handled those for years are frustrated by the process. Here are some interesting articles:

http://www.wsmimmigration.com/immigration-law-insights/2017/wall-street-journal-trump-administration-challenging-h-1b-visas/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-tightens-scrutiny-of-skilled-worker-visa-applicants-1511114338

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.