stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

USCIS will simple move the “normal processing time” out so they are always within their window. Things will start to get better soon. 

Do not allow the process to distract from the reason for the process!!!  It doesn’t matter how long it takes. You will be in the arms of your loved ones. Just consider this a test. If the wait truly makes you consider quitting your relationship, how truly strong is your relationship?  If our relationships are true we will crawl through broken glass to once again hold our partners. The wait will end and that pot of gold will be there. Don’t let this process destroy a good relationship. Smile. Call and Skype. FaceTime, Viber,  what’s app, messenger, messages...hold your true love as close as you can. Every moment that ticks by is one moment closer. Keep the priorities straight. We are all here for a reason. Remember the reason, not the process. 

Oh my! I cried 😭😭😭😭 thank you for that inspiring message, John! We women are more emotional and vocal about our feelings. This part of the journey / road to the arms of our love ones is really sucking the life out of us. But you're right, everything will be over soon and it will all be worth it. I apologise for being negative and emotional, guys. But I am still positive that we will all have good and favorable results the soonest. Cheering for June filers, you guys will all get approvals starting Monday. ❤❤❤

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does anyone know if the NVC process is also experiencing delays (similar to NOA2)? What is the range of days expected from NOA2 to interview at this point in time?

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

NVC # Received - January 31, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

Does anyone know if the NVC process is also experiencing delays (similar to NOA2)? What is the range of days expected from NOA2 to interview at this point in time?

From what I’ve read in the May forum there is...not sure exactly how much of a delay though...they say it can take up to 6 weeks

10 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

Slightly. From 2weeks to around 6 weeks right now. I believe 6 weeks is their current “normal processing time”. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Slightly. From 2weeks to around 6 weeks right now. I believe 6 weeks is their current “normal processing time”. 

So from earlier, I read a potential processing time of around 210-220 days. Is that expected for NOA1 to NOA2, or from NOA1 to Interview??

Just trying to get a grasp on what the expectations are at this time.

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

14 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Oh my! I cried 😭😭😭😭 thank you for that inspiring message, John! We women are more emotional and vocal about our feelings. This part of the journey / road to the arms of our love ones is really sucking the life out of us. But you're right, everything will be over soon and it will all be worth it. I apologise for being negative and emotional, guys. But I am still positive that we will all have good and favorable results the soonest. Cheering for June filers, you guys will all get approvals starting Monday. ❤❤❤

No need to apologize. This wait is truly having a terrible impact on our lives. We will get through this. We have to separate the process from the reason for the process. We are all frustrated but that should make your resolve to be with our loved ones even stronger. Don’t give the process the satisfaction of knowing it is winning. Stay strong and love deeper. True love will ALWAYS win!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

So from earlier, I read a potential processing time of around 210-220 days. Is that expected for NOA1 to NOA2, or from NOA1 to Interview??

Just trying to get a grasp on what the expectations are at this time.

In my case I am expecting NOA1 to POE to be around 10 months or 293 days. A lot depends on openings at the Manila Embassy for interviews. They are very busy there. It ised to be 45 to 60 days from NOA2 to interview but that was when NVC was only a couple weeks. If I get NOA 2 next week, say Wednesday Nov 29, 6 weeks later is January 10. Then 8 weeks for the interview is March 7. Add 10 days to get the VOH and a week for travel and POE will be around the week of March 26. June 6, 2017 to March 26, 2018 is 293 days. Wow. That sucks. I wish I didn’t just think that through!  Lol

Up to the January 10 date it is out of my hands. After that it all depends on openings at the Embassy. Hopefully we can get an interview within a month. That shaves a few weeks. Hopefully AP after the interview is quick. Best case scenerio is probably POE around Valentine’s Day or 253 days. This is just my thoughts and the Manila Embassy. YMMV

PS:  I sure hope someone finds some errors in my math!  When I started in June, we were thinking we would spend Our first white Christmas together...IN 2017!   LOL

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

USCIS will simply move the “normal processing time” out so they are always within their window. Things will start to get better soon. 

Do not allow the process to distract from the reason for the process!!!  It doesn’t matter how long it takes. You will be in the arms of your loved ones. Just consider this a test. If the wait truly makes you consider quitting your relationship, how strong is your relationship?  If our relationships are true we will crawl through broken glass to once again hold our partners. The wait will end and that pot of gold will be there. Don’t let this process destroy a good relationship. Smile. Call and Skype. FaceTime, Viber,  what’s app, messenger, messages...hold your true love as close as you can. Every moment that ticks by is one moment closer. Keep the priorities straight. We are all here for a reason. Remember the reason, not the process. 

AMEN Love this comment Thank You GOD Bless Us All

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

In my case I am expecting NOA1 to POE to be around 10 months or 293 days. A lot depends on openings at the Manila Embassy for interviews. They are very busy there. It ised to be 45 to 60 days from NOA2 to interview but that was when NVC was only a couple weeks. If I get NOA 2 next week, say Wednesday Nov 29, 6 weeks later is January 10. Then 8 weeks for the interview is March 7. Add 10 days to get the VOH and a week for travel and POE will be around the week of March 26. June 6, 2017 to March 26, 2018 is 293 days. Wow. That sucks. I wish I didn’t just think that through!  Lol

Up to the January 10 date it is out of my hands. After that it all depends on openings at the Embassy. Hopefully we can get an interview within a month. That shaves a few weeks. Hopefully AP after the interview is quick. Best case scenerio is probably POE around Valentine’s Day or 253 days. This is just my thoughts and the Manila Embassy. YMMV

Yikes! I am really sorry to hear that. You're such a positive person through all of this and I applaud you. I am doing my best not to let it get me down.

Do you by chance happen to know of these NOA2 to Interview processing time for Vietnam? Or do you know a good site that might help point me in the right direction? I am trying to know if Ho Chi Minh Embassy is a busy one (like Manila).

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

2 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

Yikes! I am really sorry to hear that. You're such a positive person through all of this and I applaud you. I am doing my best not to let it get me down.

Do you by chance happen to know of these NOA2 to Interview processing time for Vietnam? Or do you know a good site that might help point me in the right direction? I am trying to know if Ho Chi Minh Embassy is a busy one (like Manila).

I am truly trying to separate the process from the goal. I’ve waited 56 years to find Rose. What is a couple more months?  We talk everyday and our love is strong enough to weather any storm. 

There are reviews of all  embassies in a thread here somewhere. I haven’t looked for it but it gets mentioned often. I will try to find it. 

Btw, Vietnam is my favorite vacation spot. It is a gorgeous country and I love the people there. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I am truly trying to separate the process from the goal. I’ve waited 56 years to find Rose. What is a couple more months?  We talk everyday and our love is strong enough to weather any storm. 

There are reviews of all  embassies in a thread here somewhere. I haven’t looked for it but it gets mentioned often. I will try to find it. 

Btw, Vietnam is my favorite vacation spot. It is a gorgeous country and I love the people there. 

If you happen to find the link, please let me know. I don't believe I've heard anyone reference it, and I check this forum everyday.

Yes, I completely agree. I think Vietnam is a hidden gem. So many people go to Thailand. Thailand is great, but personally Vietnam is WAY more beautiful. Although, I've heard amazing things about the Philippines....just haven't been there yet. I am actually currently living in Vietnam with my fiancé during this whole process. I'm lucky enough that my job lets me work remote because I do tech consulting. Sucks working overnight, but worth it to be with her. Although, it doesn't add to my frustrating that this process is taking so long. I really want to head back to the US so we can build our life.

P.S. I see you're in IL? Whereabouts? I'm originally from STL, but moved to Seattle about 2.5 years ago. I'm a midwestern guy at heart...not really digging the west coast as much as I thought I would. I guess it's just because I was raised around a certain culture in the midwest whereas culture on the west coast is very different in some ways...

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

4 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

P.S. I see you're in IL? Whereabouts? I'm originally from STL, but moved to Seattle about 2.5 years ago. I'm a midwestern guy at heart...not really digging the west coast as much as I thought I would. I guess it's just because I was raised around a certain culture in the midwest whereas culture on the west coast is very different in some ways...

I’m from the Chicago area but don’t worry, I’m a White Sox fan and a fan of any team that plays the Cubs!! 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, Lana&Tyler said:

@The Squirrel implied something like that just one page before this one. Check it out. 

No, I did not imply that. It is not 270 days, I simply said that they can move their estimated timeline anytime, to any number, for whatever reason, and we can not do anything about it. Dates are still the same.

@Lana&Tyler try to look at the bright side, as a German you can come to US at anytime, but there are many here who can't at all. So count your blessings, this is not the end of the world, you will be fine. Few more days means nothing in broad scope of things. Enjoy the ride, it will be a cute memory down the road.

6 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

Hey - Good morning everyone.

Well my fiance and I have had our period of crying and today, its back to the waiting... hey - we didn't lose anything - it wasn't a denial... just a really torturous method of telling us what everyone else got told online.... 

Anyway - to confirm, I did run the two daily scans yesterday in case anybody was working, and there were no June updates at all.

I'll try again today, although I suspect we won't see much, if anything until Monday, when I really hope things really start steamrolling.

Keep your heads high Junebugs - we'll all be OK in the end!

Hang in there my friend. Next week will be huge. We are almost there. We can do this. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.