stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline
15 hours ago, useful89 said:

I highly doubt it. They probably have way too much to do as it is, and the chances of them finding something pivotal are low anyway. How come, are you wanting to hide stuff or you're hoping they get on your profile and see how legitimate your relationship is?

Someone at work told me a coworker had problems bringing her man from Cuba because Immigration dug up her profile and said she was partying and living life, but was supposed to be married and needed more proof so they put her on hold. 

1 minute ago, MCL said:

Someone at work told me a coworker had problems bringing her man from Cuba because Immigration dug up her profile and said she was partying and living life, but was supposed to be married and needed more proof so they put her on hold. 

I doubt if the adjudicator would do that unless there was something really questionable in the I-129f.  I'm sure it is possible but I doubt if it is a normal occurrence.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

I doubt if the adjudicator would do that unless there was something really questionable in the I-129f.  I'm sure it is possible but I doubt if it is a normal occurrence.

Ok thanks! I just sent my packet on lunch via fedex overnight

2 minutes ago, MCL said:

Ok thanks! I just sent my packet on lunch via fedex overnight

Good luck and welcome to "The Big Wait".

Don't forget to fill out your timeline.  It is how the site tracks all processes.

Edited by jwlussow

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I see a downward trend to bottoming in November last year, let's hope we start getting some of those days back!

k1cschistory.gif

I have written emails to multiple senators and our representative, no response. I wish there was some way I could speed this up. We lived together in Cambodia since Jan 2013 to May 2017, had a son together in Feb 2015. I am torn apart missing them now while waiting for the visa. We always wanted to marry in USA, and avoid dealing with the corrupt Cambodia government. I can't wait to move forward and have our wedding here.

Also I want to get the tax break in the tax year 2016. Everyone make sure you get the marriage paper as soon as your fiance arrives if it is in December so you can get the tax benefit of married filing jointly. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all! Swedish/American pair here, and we filed on June 5 (Monday), got confirmation of receipt the following Monday (June 12). Annnnd that's about it! Obviously not a whole lot of movement at this point. Impatiently waiting for sure. 😑

Anybody planning any visits from either direction in the meantime?

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

14 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Hi all! Swedish/American pair here, and we filed on June 5 (Monday), got confirmation of receipt the following Monday (June 12). Annnnd that's about it! Obviously not a whole lot of movement at this point. Impatiently waiting for sure. 😑

I booked an interim trip to visit my future asawa and my future step kids next month in Manila. We were hoping things would move quicker but since they aren't, I'm going there to see my new family. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
28 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

I booked an interim trip to visit my future asawa and my future step kids next month in Manila. We were hoping things would move quicker but since they aren't, I'm going there to see my new family. 

Manila! My fiancé's parents are Filipino and I hope we get to visit someday. I'm planning on visiting Sweden soon to visit my future family as well. It's harder for me to take time off work than him, and also nearly doubly expensive. I've seen mixed reviews/opinions about my fiancé visiting the states again while we wait for approval or denial. Have you guys had a stateside visit since starting?

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

1 minute ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Manila! My fiancé's parents are Filipino and I hope we get to visit someday. I'm planning on visiting Sweden soon to visit my future family as well. It's harder for me to take time off work than him, and also nearly doubly expensive. I've seen mixed reviews/opinions about my fiancé visiting the states again while we wait for approval or denial. Have you guys had a stateside visit since starting?

Not yet. It would mean a visitor's visa and the time it takes for that just doesn't make sense right now. If the dates keep slipping who knows. I am going to use some of the vacation I was planning on using when they move here. I have visited them 4 times so this will be my 5 tho and the first time I will stay in their home. I love Hotel H2O and the Whitemoon Bar which is right on Manila Bay. That is the most spectacular sunset on earth. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, jwlussow said:

I love Hotel H2O and the Whitemoon Bar which is right on Manila Bay. That is the most spectacular sunset on earth. 

Last trip we stayed at H2O for a few days and we liked it. But I must admit, Manila Bay is a little too polluted for my tastes. This August we are just doing an AirBNB condo in BGC which should be nice. Have fun on your trip.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Please, as someone whose fiancee is not European and cannot easily get a tourist visa for here, have him come to you if at possible! I highly doubt it will affect anything at all, if you can afford it and want to but are only hesitant due to immigration concerns, I'd be highly surprised if USCIS or the embassy in Sweden cares that a Swede came to the US while his case is being processed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

My partner is coming to the UK in September and we’re off to Greece for a holiday. He’ll be back for Christmas too then I plan to move out at Easter after saving some more money up x

If the best things in life are free, why is a long distance relationship so expensive!?

3rd July 2017 - NOA1
14th February - RFE
24th April 2018 - NOA2
11th May 2018 - NVC received
xx/xx/xxxx - NVC Case Number # received
xx/xx/xxxx - Medical
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview 
xx/xx/xxxx - POE
xx/xx/xxxx - Married

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
8 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I'm flying out the US for a 2.5 week visit on August 24th (so excited!). I have been reading a lot of stories and advice on that it is possible, so I'm going, but with a lot of proof that I'll return home (return flight, letter from employer, copy of deposit we paid for our wedding in April, etc).

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Yep. Will be visiting my fiancé in the sates end of the Month for a week. 

I will also be taking proof that I plan on returning like others have mentioned. He will hopefully come to the UK to visit next month. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.