stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Lol, that's the thing with the silly timeline moving constantly... I'm always a week or two away :D

Thank you!

A modern Stone of Sisyphus story... 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, jwlussow said:

I lost a month now since I joined 2 weeks ago.  Does this ever move up or are we all really pushing towards November and December for the NOA2?

It is really distressing. We are likely going to experience the longest processing times in recent history, perhaps the longest ever. There is a lot of good information in the March 2017 thread along with one member posting some good statistical analysis. The "good" news is it is rare for it to take over 180 days. The bad news is we may take 140 or more days we is way above average for the last two years (from what I could find). As shown in the March 2017 thread, K1s are 0.4-0.5% of the overall visas. In other words, we are not even a rounding error, we are not that important. It seems that in early April, someone somewhere decided that H1B visas to help foreign companies like TCS, Infosys, and Cognizant were far more important that any other type of visa, and they started banging those out increasing the backlog of other visas including K1s.

What is even worse is that our files will sit in a box for months and months to be adjudicated in about 15 minutes (based upon a report from a former employee). The worse thing is, in 2017, this could be automated to reduce the human intervention time to under 5 minutes, then they could process 3 times as many.

We are all on this heart wrenching journey together. I guess we sit back, get frustrated, get sad, and hope against all odds, they dedicate resources to get back to reasonable processing times. I look back at the processing times from 1 year ago, and I must say, I am so envious of them. If we were a year ago, half of us would be adjudicated in the next week. I think we are in for a long ride, so this thread could get pretty long.

Good luck to all of us.

Edited by DandY

9 minutes ago, DandY said:

It is really distressing. We are likely going to experience the longest processing times in recent history, perhaps the longest ever. There is a lot of good information in the March 2017 thread along with one member posting some good statistical analysis. The "good" news is it is rare for it to take over 180 days. The bad news is we may take 140 or more days we is way above average for the last two years (from what I could find). As shown in the March 2017 thread, K1s are 0.4-0.5% of the overall visas. In other words, we are not even a rounding error, we are not that important. It seems that in early April, someone somewhere decided that H1B visas to help foreign companies like TCS, Infosys, and Cognizant were far more important that any other type of visa, and they started banging those out increasing the backlog of other visas including K1s.

What is even worse is that our files will sit in a box for months and months to be adjudicated in about 15 minutes (based upon a report from a former employee). The worse thing is, in 2017, this could be automated to reduce the human intervention time to under 5 minutes, then they could process 3 times as many.

We are all on this heart wrenching journey together. I guess we sit back, get frustrated, get sad, and hope against all odds, they dedicate resources to get back to reasonable processing times. I look back at the processing times from 1 year ago, and I must say, I am so envious of them. If we were a year ago, half of us would be adjudicated in the next week. I think we are in for a long ride, so this thread could get pretty long.

Good luck to all of us.

Two years ago it was taking more than a year, so no, it's far from being the longest waiting ever

3 minutes ago, DandY said:

Good luck to all of us.

It is certainly frustrating and painful. Please everyone, it is so easy to take that frustration out on our loved ones. This is out of our control so let them know that you love them and no matter what, the journey is worth the prize. In the end, we can be proud that we may be the first class of the longest visa journey but that journey will end someday. We will be with our loved ones. Don't take that frustration on those thousands of miles from us. Don't let this stress hurt your relationship. 

I was was saving vacation time for when my family comes home but I have decided to plan a visit just to see Rose, Aira and AJ in August. We need to relax and ride this darn roller coaster but the end is worth the means. While this really is frustrating, just remember why we do it. I wish us all luck and hopefully we see the dates start moving in the other direction. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know we’re all here waiting for NOA2 and it’s hard to have patience but use the time wisely to see friends and family while you still can as once you’re over there’s a long wait to be able leave and visit them. 

It also isn’t cheap all this, i’m spending my wait time selling everything and anything to get money together to take the strain off my US partner when I arrive to unemployment and needing stuff like a car and interim medical insurance. 

I’ll be damned to rush to the States to be a burden to anyone financially and struggle after 6 years surviving this long distance life!  

I’ll be planning to move out next Easter for a May wedding. :D

Obviously I hope processing speeds up for those who want to move asap! 

If the best things in life are free, why is a long distance relationship so expensive!?

3rd July 2017 - NOA1
14th February - RFE
24th April 2018 - NOA2
11th May 2018 - NVC received
xx/xx/xxxx - NVC Case Number # received
xx/xx/xxxx - Medical
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview 
xx/xx/xxxx - POE
xx/xx/xxxx - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

I was was saving vacation time for when my family comes home but I have decided to plan a visit just to see Rose, Aira and AJ in August. We need to relax and ride this darn roller coaster but the end is worth the means. While this really is frustrating, just remember why we do it. I wish us all luck and hopefully we see the dates start moving in the other direction. 

Yep, I was also planning a before the year arrival based upon the best data when we submitted and I too was saving vacation time. Now its looking like it might me next year so I guess I'm using all vacation on trips. I'm going back August also--and then maybe November or December if things don't look up. Difficult process to say the least.

11 minutes ago, ThisGirlsCurls said:

I know we’re all here waiting for NOA2 and it’s hard to have patience but use the time wisely to see friends and family while you still can as once you’re over there’s a long wait to be able leave and visit them. 

It also isn’t cheap all this, i’m spending my wait time selling everything and anything to get money together to take the strain off my US partner when I arrive to unemployment and needing stuff like a car and interim medical insurance. 

I’ll be damned to rush to the States to be a burden to anyone financially and struggle after 6 years surviving this long distance life!  

I’ll be planning to move out next Easter for a May wedding. :D

Obviously I hope processing speeds up for those who want to move asap! 

Excellent post. As the American petitioner it is nice to hear your point of view. I am getting ready to visit my future asawa and her two kids. I will give them $2000 for their costs for medical, CFO, etc.  I'm arranging for insurance (luckily I have a good job that will help cover them), looking at cars and Driver's Ed classes. There are school costs for 2 teenagers and housing to look at. My one bedroom apartment probably won't work. This is a very big move and it is expensive, not to mention the stress that my new family will have leaving their homes to move half way around the world. The stress is high on all sides and the delays from USCIS doesn't help. No matter what it costs, no matter what I have to do, I am going to give them the best life I can.  So seeing your post reminds me that we are all in this together and together nothing can ever beat us. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
3 hours ago, MCL said:

Do you think immigration checks your social media accounts loke Facebook or Instagram for relationship related information? Like pics ? Posts? 

I highly doubt it. They probably have way too much to do as it is, and the chances of them finding something pivotal are low anyway. How come, are you wanting to hide stuff or you're hoping they get on your profile and see how legitimate your relationship is?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Mine got delayed again, now it's going to be early Oct. what's the average length of time now to get NOA2?

Are all the June filing estimated NOA2 is in Oct now? :(

23 minutes ago, Christy2683 said:

Mine got delayed again, now it's going to be early Oct. what's the average length of time now to get NOA2?

Are all the June filing estimated NOA2 is in Oct now? :(

Yes :( We have the same timeline with you and mine moved to October :(

3 hours ago, OlyaR said:

Yes :( We have the same timeline with you and mine moved to October :(

Yesterday mine went from October 9 to October 8.  Today it says October 10. Yesterday was a good day. Lol

Edited by jwlussow

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Yesterday mine went from October 9 to October 8.  Today it says October 10. Yesterday was a good day. Lol

I hope from tomorrow it will go the other way round :whistle: maybe August :) who knows? (dreams, dreams, dreams) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

Going backward on a weekend even! That's interesting, haha :)

Agree with @OlyaR, we can dream about it!

I've been following all posts on the March thread for the past week, and hope to see some approval there this week.

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.