stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Catseal said:

This exactly, I personally would have had many more sleepless nights for sure. :rolleyes:

I would be calling them every single day.....like every.single.day 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Keeping my fingers crossed that I hear something this week!  My fiance is here visiting for 3 weeks and I would love to have an approval within the next couple days.  Thank you all for all you do and for keeping me somewhat sane!  :)

53 minutes ago, Catseal said:

We have not used a lawyer nor a service like RV, only checked it ourselves, and we were approved right away. It is not at all impossible if you are dedicated to file to the best of your abilities and double/triple check over and over until you are sure it is complete and nothing is missing. Some rare cases might be better off hiring someone else to do it, but the majority will be absolutely fine as long as the couple diligently puts together their package IMHO. That said, I totally get that people use RV or lawyers for peace of mind. I personally am more of an organization / control freak (and gathering and putting together large amounts of information as well as filling in forms is part my job) so there was no way I would let someone else handle the package. Relax, unless you have reason to assume you will get an RFE, don't freak out you will, it's just additional stress you can't need right now. I hope you get approved soon!

It was definitely something that can be done without a service.  I filed a month before I found this site.  I did appreciate the extra set of experienced eyes to look things over.  It gave me a little more peace of mind.  Before I went to them I started my own filing and I was using the wrong form.  When I started with them I noticed it was different.  I would have submitted wrong if I went on my own.  I didn't realize they just switched the forms out.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It was definitely something that can be done without a service.  I filed a month before I found this site.  I did appreciate the extra set of experienced eyes to look things over.  It gave me a little more peace of mind.  Before I went to them I started my own filing and I was using the wrong form.  When I started with them I noticed it was different.  I would have submitted wrong if I went on my own.  I didn't realize they just switched the forms out.

I just looked at all forms and instructions for AOS and the other stuff and i said no way i am using RV for it.

I am on the phone typing, so I can't do too much with displaying weeks as I would like to. However, here is what will (most likely) happen in next 3 days:

- average of 175 cases touched per day for May + June combined

- 3rd week of May gets the remaining 3 days under 50

- 4th week gets 4 days right around 50, and that Monday under 100

- May 30th below 150, and all other days that week around 50

- June 5th and 6th bring down to around 100

- June 7th 8th 9th maybe some RFE's, but very light action

All of that added up comes to 525 cases touched. Only thing I can see happen is them taking it lighter on May 30th, and doing little more on 7th-9th. 

Good luck friends, let it rain today !!!

12 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I just looked at all forms and instructions for AOS and the other stuff and i said no way i am using RV for it.

Really?  Are the forms easy and straight forward?  I haven't looked that far ahead yet.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

17 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I am on the phone typing, so I can't do too much with displaying weeks as I would like to. However, here is what will (most likely) happen in next 3 days:

- average of 175 cases touched per day for May + June combined

- 3rd week of May gets the remaining 3 days under 50

- 4th week gets 4 days right around 50, and that Monday under 100

- May 30th below 150, and all other days that week around 50

- June 5th and 6th bring down to around 100

- June 7th 8th 9th maybe some RFE's, but very light action

All of that added up comes to 525 cases touched. Only thing I can see happen is them taking it lighter on May 30th, and doing little more on 7th-9th. 

Good luck friends, let it rain today !!!

They actually are scheduled to work on Friday too.  Most likely a skeleton crew since I expect a lot of people to take the day off but those can still be good days.

Date Holiday
Monday, January 2* New Year’s Day
Monday, January 16 Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Monday, February 20** Washington’s Birthday
Monday, May 29 Memorial Day
Tuesday, July 4 Independence Day
Monday, September 4 Labor Day
Monday, October 9 Columbus Day
Friday, November 10*** Veterans Day
Thursday, November 23 Thanksgiving Day
Monday, December 25 Christmas Day
Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

23 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Really?  Are the forms easy and straight forward?  I haven't looked that far ahead yet.

Pdf of AOS is 18 pages ead is 2 pages and ap is 5 pages

2 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Pdf of AOS is 18 pages ead is 2 pages and ap is 5 pages

So you don't see any advantage to using them?  I think their AOS is more expensive than their K-1 section.

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

So you don't see any advantage to using them?  I think their AOS is more expensive than their K-1 section.

Rv is 1750 where if u do DIY it is 1225 for all 3 but we know RV is strict on the way they do it.

1 minute ago, Murph4865 said:

Rv is 1750 where if u do DIY it is 1225 for all 3 but we know RV is strict on the way they do it.

So you are not going to use them?  For $500 it may be worth having them make sure everything is OK.  In my case there are 3 of them.  It get a little expensive unless they offer a discount on their fees for additional submittals.  I know each one will have the $1225.  I am hoping that they have a package deal since the paperwork will be redundant in many areas for the kids.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

So you are not going to use them?  For $500 it may be worth having them make sure everything is OK.  In my case there are 3 of them.  It get a little expensive unless they offer a discount on their fees for additional submittals.  I know each one will have the $1225.  I am hoping that they have a package deal since the paperwork will be redundant in many areas for the kids.

No i said i was gonna use them not me do it, 1750 is a chunk to pay out all at once though. No payment plan on that one yet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.