stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

I told my fiance that I will volunteer 3 hours everyday once I get to the US at the California Center just so they can speed up and help more and more love birds to reunite.

Hope they are working as hard as we are praying.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Oh Mylanta. I wasn't too worried about getting a RFE before... but I've seen a LOT of people talking on here lately about using an immigration attorney or Rapid Visa (I don't even know what that is :wacko:) annnnd we didn't. So now I'm mildly freaking out.

This is not an easy process for those who suffer from significant anxiety. :( Well, for anyone, for that matter.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Oh Mylanta. I wasn't too worried about getting a RFE before... but I've seen a LOT of people talking on here lately about using an immigration attorney or Rapid Visa (I don't even know what that is :wacko:) annnnd we didn't. So now I'm mildly freaking out.

This is not an easy process for those who suffer from significant anxiety. :( Well, for anyone, for that matter.

Don't be. There are also lots of people who get approved without using one (I didn't) if you checked it a few times - and if you are still worried just review your documents again. You now have more knowledge and you can realize if there's anything and get ready beforehand if there's any rfe

but not using any lawyer or rapid visa doesn't automatically mean you will get an rfe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

We did it all ourselves. Checked over sites, forums , YouTube videos, asked other expats I know, etc. to ensure we put everything we needed in. Probably put too much in, to be honest 😳

Had forms double checked and proof read, in case we missed sections or forgot to sign something, 3x photos together with dates on the back, the ring receipt, passport stamps, evidence of our holiday to Amsterdam together, boarding cards, tickets, date night receipts/ticket stubs, photocopies of passports and birth certificates signed, stamped, and verified by the post office, letters of intent all signed and dated, all filed in order with the contents page, all nicely presented in one of those A4 presentation folder book things. 

I'm quietly confident everything should be a breeze, but if they send a RFE, so be it. We're all human and make mistakes or miss things. 🤷‍♀️

12 hours ago, Ron48 said:

I used RapidVisa also. Very good but strict on what is acceptable documentation  

Strict is actually what you want rapidvisa knows how to set it up i never recieved RFE cause of there strictness

30 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

We have not used a lawyer nor a service like RV, only checked it ourselves, and we were approved right away. It is not at all impossible if you are dedicated to file to the best of your abilities and double/triple check over and over until you are sure it is complete and nothing is missing. Some rare cases might be better off hiring someone else to do it, but the majority will be absolutely fine as long as the couple diligently puts together their package IMHO. That said, I totally get that people use RV or lawyers for peace of mind. I personally am more of an organization / control freak (and gathering and putting together large amounts of information as well as filling in forms is part my job) so there was no way I would let someone else handle the package. Relax, unless you have reason to assume you will get an RFE, don't freak out you will, it's just additional stress you can't need right now. I hope you get approved soon!

Edited by Catseal

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Catseal said:

We have not used a lawyer nor a service like RV, and we were approved right away. It is not at all impossible if you are dedicated to file to the best of your abilities and double/triple check over and over until you are sure it is complete and nothing is missing. Some rare cases might be better off hiring someone else to do it, but the majority will be absolutely fine as long as the couple diligently puts together their package IMHO. That said, I totally get that people use RV or lawyers for peace of mind. I personally am more of a control freak so there was no way I would let someone else handle the package. Relax, unless you have reason to assume you will get an RFE, don't freak out you will, it's just additional stress you can't need right now. I hope you get approved soon!

Cheers to the Control freaks 🥂😁😁😁

Timeline

@Naes @Lotts @Catseal

Thank you guys - it does help to get some reassurance that I'm just being emotionally dramatic, lol. I know it doesn't automatically mean you'll get a RFE, or even denied, just because you go about it all on your own. The way I describe it to other people sometimes is by comparing it to a really big test or exam. You study for weeks (in our case, MONTHS), and feel you have prepared as much as possible. But come exam day, when you wake up that morning...suddenly you feel so unprepared. Like maybe you should've studied just a couple of hours more, even five minutes. But then it's too late. (Obviously, this is on a much larger scale than just a single exam, lol). But that's what I think is happening to me now. We are so close to NOA2 (we're June 12th NOA1-ers) that suddenly I feel we are so unprepared. That maybe we should've done more, studied just a little bit longer. But we've already turned our test paper in, so all we can do is wait for that grade.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Timeline
Just now, Paul & Mallory said:

@Naes @Lotts @Catseal

Thank you guys - it does help to get some reassurance that I'm just being emotionally dramatic, lol. I know it doesn't automatically mean you'll get a RFE, or even denied, just because you go about it all on your own. The way I describe it to other people sometimes is by comparing it to a really big test or exam. You study for weeks (in our case, MONTHS), and feel you have prepared as much as possible. But come exam day, when you wake up that morning...suddenly you feel so unprepared. Like maybe you should've studied just a couple of hours more, even five minutes. But then it's too late. (Obviously, this is on a much larger scale than just a single exam, lol). But that's what I think is happening to me now. We are so close to NOA2 (we're June 12th NOA1-ers) that suddenly I feel we are so unprepared. That maybe we should've done more, studied just a little bit longer. But we've already turned our test paper in, so all we can do is wait for that grade.

Best analogy ever!

And that's why I'm expecting an rfe from the start 😁

I always stress till the exam (never study just worry 😂😂 so there's nothing to stress about because I don't know anything) come the day no stress to be seen ☺️

Timeline
3 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

Just take a deep breath and be calm.

A lot of people here prepared the application on their own too, me included (I'm the beneficiary). My fiance just signed the documents and that was his only job. <_<

If you get an RFE, it's not the end of the world. Just think after all of this, you will be reunited with your fiance/fiancee in the States and living happily ever after. 

We are all here to help each other. Stay positive!;)

tumblr_ojf5rd0hmB1ulrn6wo1_500.gif

Thank you! And yes, same here - all my fiancé did was listen to me go on and on over FaceTime a couple of times while I put the packet together that I cultivated myself, lol. I told him where to sign and he had to mail me some papers on his end, but that was it. I'm definitely freaking out more than he is; maybe it's because I'm the one that put the packet together independently, so I'm worrying that I screwed it up for both of us. Similar to @Catseal - I am a bit of a  control freak myself. There was no question as to whether or not I would be the one pulling everything together that we needed. I think my fiancé even knew to let that one go without much fight. Even if we had used a third party processor, I think I would have still worried if they did it right themselves, lmao.

Håll ut, y'all.

7 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Even if we had used a third party processor, I think I would have still worried if they did it right themselves, lmao.

This exactly, I personally would have had many more sleepless nights for sure. :rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.