stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That moment everyday when I walk to the mailbox, I stop and pray hoping there’s a surprise from USCIS. But no, just BILLS GRRRRRR. Do they not understand the stress they cause us? Haha

But next week my fiancé will have have a surprise visitor! Her fiancé is coming! Hopefully we’ll have an approval while I’m there.

keep the faith everyone we’re almost there!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Naes said:

Short Weekly Summary - Long one to come

(I am checking to update the rest of the months to see exact activity numbers incl. Rejections etc.)

For now, April May June only weekly activity (NOT BAD, NOT BAD AT ALL)

Please do not forget to add nice 15 % for people who are getting NOA2 without notice, 

annnnnddd the possible 150 for 11/13.

April    May     June    Total
11/13/17 3 5   8
11/14/17 61 228   289
11/15/17 34 167 11 212
11/16/17 30 88 21 139
11/17/17 30 118 33 181
TOTAL 158 606 65 829

IF

+150 case : 829+150= 979

+15% : 829 + 15% = 953 

Annnd maybe even this on top of +150! : 953+150=1003 

Let's dream, cause why not?

Well... Let's dream bigger because 953+150=1103 😉

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

12 minutes ago, Larissa&Jo said:

The big issue is = A LOT OF RFE it make me feel scared

Don’t be scared. Let’s pray for the better and next scan has more approvals I’m praying hard!!!! 

Just now, vocaledge said:

I think, (just my personal opinion), that they are doing the RFEs ahead of the approvals, so if they do alot of RFEs for my day (the 12th), and I'm not on the list, I will rest a little better thinking they did a quick check, I had nothing RFE worthy, and am awaiting a higher authority to approve me.

Thats just the way I'm going to look at it.

(Watch me get an RFE after that!!!)

That truly makes a lot of sense and answers a lot of the nagging questions. If they do the quick check and separate the obvious RFEs from the files that are ready for adjudication the large amount of RFEs bunched together are completely logical. Now the adjudicators have a bunch of files waiting for them on Monday morning. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

All these RFEs!

How much/little info is a good amount to send with the 129f? 

We only sent what they asked for, proof of living together with our rental lease agreement, a copy of the engagement ring receipt, and the intent to marry letter. I've seen posts where people are sending full photo albums along with a boat load of messages/conversations etc... 

Hopefully what we sent was enough to avoid an RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, vocaledge said:

I think, (just my personal opinion), that they are doing the RFEs ahead of the approvals, so if they do alot of RFEs for my day (the 12th), and I'm not on the list, I will rest a little better thinking they did a quick check, I had nothing RFE worthy, and am awaiting a higher authority to approve me.

Thats just the way I'm going to look at it.

(Watch me get an RFE after that!!!)

Awesome way of thinking... !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to wonder after seeing all the RFE's, wrong forms, wrong payments, etc. how many people used an immigration attorney to prepare their case.

Seems it would reduce the risk of these problems. I used one to avoid these setbacks. Glad now that i did.

Having said that, there is likely an RFE in my future now too...  (knock on wood)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.