stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Just checking in -- NOA1 was June 5.

I've had some financial setbacks, including an emergency driveway repair -- I live in a very rural area, and a landslide resulted in an unexpected $8700 repair bill and I was already out another $17k for an unexpected house problem in April. So I *very* sheepishly submitted an expedite request through the USCIS customer service folks via telephone, based on extreme financial hardship. My fiancee doesn't work right now, so I'm paying for both of our households, and naturally it would be much easier during all of this if the process could be expedited. These are temporary but very stressful circumstances, financially. I know from a couple of other stories here in VJ that financial hardship can sometimes result in an expedite approval. There's more to my own story, but the landslide repair was the capstone moment where I thought an expedite request would justify asking to jumping the line.

The expedite request was submitted on June 30, and was denied today July 14.

There are some other relevant facts that might help others in similar circumstances, or at least provide some interesting details others may find useful:

1. My initial telephone request resulted in a quick email response & was posted to the USCIS status update site fairly quickly

2. I received an email 3 days later requesting additional information, which I faxed back on July 6. The USCIS fax line took a few attempts before the fax finally got through, but I did get a "success" confirmation report. The fax was 9 pages.

3. I called USCIS on July 12 to make sure they'd received the fax -- the phone rep told me the fax had been received on July 4 (what???) and I asked her to confirm that 3 times, I was incredulous because I didn't send it until July 6.

4. Yesterday July 13 I received an email from USCIS saying they weren't able to determine if my fax had ever been sent, as it never got to the right person.

5. The USCIS fax line for CSC 949-389-3441 was again not answered by their fax machine or service, whatever they're using. My last fax took 18 attempts over a 24 hour period before it finally went through. I used two different fax machines on two different lines, as well as two different web-based fax services to try to get through -- so I know the problem wasn't on my end. I even called the USCIS fax line by cell phone, it just rings & rings with no answer or fax pickup.

6. After the last attempt (via fax service), I called USCIS customer service & got put through (on a callback) to a Tier 2 immigration officer, who provided me with an email address to use an an alternative means of getting the fax to them. He was incredulous that there was any sort of problem or issue with the CSC fax line, but I assured him there was no answer on their end.

6. Oddly, right after I sent the email as directed by a Tier 2 officer, I got a notice from one of the fax services I'd used, that the fax finally got through. This all happened this morning.

Then, just a few minutes ago, I received the denial of the expedite request. It was about an hour after my fax got through, about an hour & 15 minutes after I'd sent the email as per what the Tier 2 officer told me.

I'm actually ok with the denial, at least there's no waiting to hear on that. I'll be financially stressed through October, there are a lot of unexpected repairs on a house I didn't even know was mine until recently... long story. I had a fair chance to make my case, but it didn't pass muster -- it is what it is.

... now I'm back in line, with everyone else, and if this experience can help anyone else, well then, good.

Sorry for your financial difficulties. Thanks for sharing your expedite story attempt. Funny how they got the fax BEFORE you even sent it LOL then they couldn't find it  just a mess. Anyway yeah things have slowed down for the regular processing but hoping for a pick up later this month.

I really hate waking up to see that my timeline has slipped another week!!!  I guess "no pain no gain" is true in a lot of areas in life.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, jwlussow said:

I didn't want to start another topic in case this information is buried here somewhere.

My fiancé and her two teenage children (14 and 17) are all coming to the US.  I am trying to plan a little ahead.  I see the visa fee (MRV) for my fiancé is $265.  Is the fee for the kids the same?

Also, I know about the medical costs but I was wondering where the cutoff age is set.  I believe I've seen both under 14 and under 15 listed as the cutoff age.  My future step daughter will be 14 if all goes well (January birthday).  Do I pay the adult fee or child fee for her?

Then there is the CFO fee and the travel tax.  Am I missing anything?

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml Medical fee is less for minors 14 AND under so if still 14 by date of exam then you will pay less for the younger child. 

The Visa fee for DS-160 payment is the same regardless of age.

CFO is required for all as they are older than 12.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/16-aboutcfo/registration-and-pre-departure-services/825-pre-departure-registration-and-orientation-seminars.html

AND don't forget the AOS (adj of status) after you marry in USA.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/fiancees#application

$1,140 fee TIMES three =  $3,420

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees

Oh and the Biometrics fee for anyone over 14 is $85.

Hope you have been saving your Pesos. 

5 minutes ago, LabOz said:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml Medical fee is less for minors 14 AND under so if still 14 by date of exam then you will pay less for the younger child. 

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/16-aboutcfo/registration-and-pre-departure-services/825-pre-departure-registration-and-orientation-seminars.html

Ah the cost of love!!!  My only plus side is if the medical takes place prior to January I can save a little on those fees.  Either way, it is what it is.  I would pay anything to be with them.  Time to save those pesos!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Ah the cost of love!!!  My only plus side is if the medical takes place prior to January I can save a little on those fees.  Either way, it is what it is.  I would pay anything to be with them.  Time to save those pesos!!!

Yup no money no honey..hehe

14 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Is the DS-160 the same for my fiancee and her kids?  $265 each?

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, LabOz said:

Yup no money no honey..hehe

I may need to steal that saying!!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Gee I hope timelines move forward too!!!  Overtime I check it gets pushed back a few days.  I know we are all in the same boat, I just wanted too get my Monday morning complaining over with.

Here's to the start of another week that will bring us all a little closer to our loved ones!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

does anyone know how to get a live person on the phone with UCIS? they say they have agents available for questions in the automated message but no option to get one on the line haha.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Konor94 said:

does anyone know how to get a live person on the phone with UCIS? they say they have agents available for questions in the automated message but no option to get one on the line haha.

nvm, I got through. Now I know what service center my application is at. Also FYI the agent said that the California service center is working on February applications currently. 

Edited by Konor94

4 minutes ago, Konor94 said:

nvm, I got through. Now I know what service center my application is at. Also FYI the agent said that the California service center is working on February applications currently. 

I didn't realize that was your question.  I believe all K-1s go through California...

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, jwlussow said:

I didn't realize that was your question.  I believe all K-1s go through California...

no my question was about my noa1. i was asking where it was. i didn't realize the form i received weeks ago was in fact my NOA1.  hahaha. I expected a form that said "NOA" on it. I assumed this first form was just a receipt number and nothing more. Very embarrassing. 

15 minutes ago, Konor94 said:

no my question was about my noa1. i was asking where it was. i didn't realize the form i received weeks ago was in fact my NOA1.  hahaha. I expected a form that said "NOA" on it. I assumed this first form was just a receipt number and nothing more. Very embarrassing. 

I wouldn't be embarrassed until that happens on your third or forth K-1!!!  LOL  This is definitely nothing any of us want to get used to or comfortable with.  We are all inexperienced with this process and I hope that none of us has to go through this again!  Believe me, your quote above will make a lot of people smile.  There are others with the same question.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Konor94 said:

LMAO well I'm glad you finally found it!!

Another day and another two days back.  Do timelines ever move forward?  LOL   From mid September pushing towards October...looks like their first white Christmas will be next year.  The wait is tough but soon we will all be with our loved ones and the next batch of people will be doing what we are doing now.

Here's to a pick up in the number of files processed soon!!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.