stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, A+E18 said:

Hey - new to this forum (at least for commenting - been following though!) - what do you mean POE by Memorial Day? Once you receive your visa will you not be able to enter straight away? There are so many technical terms I'm having to get to grips with! This feed has been awesome though. Our petition received 15 June! Patiently (and frustratingly) waiting along with you all!

POE means Port of Entry. That’s when your fiance (the beneficiary) enters the US with a K1 visa in their passport and hands over a big envelope that only immigration can open.

After the beneficiary has an interview, there is an AP which is basically admin to put the K1 visa into the passport and deliver it to the beneficiary. But they do final checks at this point. If all going well, it takes 2 weeks to get your passport and big envelope delivered... but some are held up with a 221g (needs further evidence.. in the best of cases it could be that the medical result hasn’t been delivered to the embassy prior to interview)

There are lots of Guides on VJ to help further explain the final process of a K1. Have a read and if you’re in doubt, just ask here and VJers will help you all they can.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Here is my rundown right now...This is my case and has Philippines specific information in it...YMMV

Honestly, my thoughts are partially due to Rose's kids finishing school in late March...

I anticipate my NOA2 the week after Thanksgiving but hopefully in November.  Then NVC, which is currently taking the full 4 to 6 weeks.  After that it can be two months to get an interview in Manila (one of the busiest embassies).  After that it is about 10 days to get the visa.  After the visa, the kids have to go to a seminar about life in America (required in order to get on the plane) and that has to be scheduled up to a month out.

November 30 NOA2 (day 177)

January 11 NVC to Embassy (6 weeks)

Feb or March Interview (earliest possible as long as medical gets done)

April CFO seminar...(earliest possible after visa in hand)

May POE

Obviously these are very loose numbers but they are realistic and possible.  The earliest I believe POE can be would be March but I am trying to figure out if the kids should finish school even if we can go sooner.

Ah thanks for this, definitely clarified your comment! We are hoping to hear something beginning of December. I'm from London so hoping a total of 6-8 weeks from receiving NOA2 to obtaining visa! Aiming for middle January now with the way things are going. Like everyone, hoping for some June stats within the next few days! Thanks again :)

Just now, A+E18 said:

Ah thanks for this, definitely clarified your comment! We are hoping to hear something beginning of December. I'm from London so hoping a total of 6-8 weeks from receiving NOA2 to obtaining visa! Aiming for middle January now with the way things are going. Like everyone, hoping for some June stats within the next few days! Thanks again :)

I think London is one of the quicker embassies.  It is certainly possible to do this quicker but most of that is out of out hands.  I have heard of interviews as quick as 37 days after NOA2.  That was when NVC only took a couple weeks but it is still possible.  I hope all works out for you. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, emylady said:

I had a strange thought when reading some of the comments over a few of the month topics...

What if they are purposely delaying the K1 so it makes the CR1 route the better option for people so they can seriously scrutinise couples (background and social media checks) and also have the 125% financial status  confirmed before entry? 

I know it sounds insane. Just a totally strange thought that passed through me. 🧐

Safety... hmmm. I wonder how long his mail-order brides waited for their visas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Here is my rundown right now...This is my case and has Philippines specific information in it...YMMV

Honestly, my thoughts are partially due to Rose's kids finishing school in late March...

I anticipate my NOA2 the week after Thanksgiving but hopefully in November.  Then NVC, which is currently taking the full 4 to 6 weeks.  After that it can be two months to get an interview in Manila (one of the busiest embassies).  After that it is about 10 days to get the visa.  After the visa, the kids have to go to a seminar about life in America (required in order to get on the plane) and that has to be scheduled up to a month out.

November 30 NOA2 (day 177)

January 11 NVC to Embassy (6 weeks)

Feb or March Interview (earliest possible as long as medical gets done)

April CFO seminar...(earliest possible after visa in hand)

May POE

Obviously these are very loose numbers but they are realistic and possible.  The earliest I believe POE can be would be March but I am trying to figure out if the kids should finish school even if we can go sooner.

I honestly hope you're waaaaaay off in your prediction. I'm hoping us early June Manila petitioners can be done by mid January...or early February at the latest.

MEETING

April 7th, 2017: Met Maricel in a Facebook group created by a friend of mine.

May 17th, 2017: Flying to Manila to see Maricel for the first time.

May 18th, 2017: Met Maricel at the airport in Manila.

May 24th, 2017: Proposed to Maricel and got engaged.

May 30th, 2017: Returned to the USA from the Philippines.

January 25th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines! Chicago-Taipei-Manila

February 6th, 2018: Return back to the US

April 9th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines, this time to spend time with Maricel's family and bring her back to the USA!

April 18th, 2018: Departing the Philippines for the USA! POE: Chicago, Illinois

June 16th, 2018: Wedding day!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

June 1st, 2017: Completed and mailed the I-129f package.

June 6th, 2017: Received NOA1. Petition routed to the California Service Center

September 14th, 2017: Maricel attended her morning CFO seminar in Manila.

December 31st, 2017: Received RFE from USCIS - Needed G325a from both of us.

January 5th, 2018: Mailed back RFE reply

January 8th, 2018: California Service Center received our RFE reply.

January 23rd, 2018: Received NOA2!

February 2nd, 2018: NVC received our petition, assigned MNL case number and forwarded our petition to the US Embassy in Manila.

February 3rd, 2018: Submitted the DS-160.

February 5th, 2018: Paid embassy fee at BPI

February 12th, 2018: Medical exam at St Luke's Extension Clinic in Ermita, Manila. -PASSED

February 26th, 2018: Embassy interview in Manila at 7:10am -PASSED

March 1st, 2018: Visa in hand!

March 5th: Going back to CFO to get her sticker. -PASSED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PROCESS

July 13th, 2018: Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 to USCIS Chicago lock box.

July 31st, 2018: AOS case accepted by USCIS, and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing.

August 14th, 2018: Received RFE for I-485, sent response.

August 24th, 2018: Biometrics appointment in St Louis, Missouri

August 30th, 2018: E-mail notice that her interview is ready to be scheduled!

March 11th, 2019: Interview day! - PASSED

March 14th, 2019: Green card has been mailed!

March 18th, 2019: Green card in hand! (Next step not until 1 year and 9 months from issue date. AKA Removal of Conditions)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS PROCESS

December 21,2020: Filed for Removal of Conditions I-751

January 30,2021: NOA - Nebraska Service Center - 18-month extension!

images.jpg

Just now, daleguthery said:

I honestly hope you're waaaaaay off in your prediction. I'm hoping us early June Manila petitioners can be done by mid January...or early February at the latest.

I believe Manila is between 45 and 60 days average from NOA2 to interview. Hopefully NVC get the MNL# to you so you can schedule the interview as soon as possible. Like I mentioned my thoughts always had the kids school year in the back of my mind. March and April can work for us. We have decided that if it does happen sooner we will come here as soon as possible. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I believe Manila is between 45 and 60 days average from NOA2 to interview. Hopefully NVC get the MNL# to you so you can schedule the interview as soon as possible. Like I mentioned my thoughts always had the kids school year in the back of my mind. March and April can work for us. We have decided that if it does happen sooner we will come here as soon as possible. 

I understand what you are saying. Maricel has everything ready, so she is ready to jump right in to the medical and interview as soon as the embassy shows the ready status. The money for her fees and our plane tickets is burning a hole in my pocket :jest:

MEETING

April 9th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines, this time to spend time with Maricel's family and bring her back to the USA!

February 2nd, 2018: NVC received our petition, assigned MNL case number and forwarded our petition to the US Embassy in Manila.

February 12th, 2018: Medical exam at St Luke's Extension Clinic in Ermita, Manila. -PASSED

July 31st, 2018: AOS case accepted by USCIS, and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing.

March 18th, 2019: Green card in hand! (Next step not until 1 year and 9 months from issue date. AKA Removal of Conditions)

images.jpg

I understand what you are saying. Maricel has everything ready, so she is ready to jump right in to the medical and interview as soon as the embassy shows the ready status. The money for her fees and our plane tickets is burning a hole in my pocket :jest:

I thought we may be able to cheat a little bit by scheduling online as soon as we get the MNL#. We may be able to schedule a few days sooner instead of waiting for “ready”. I’m not positive about that but saving a day here and there gets us all together sooner. Dont forget CFO 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I thought we may be able to cheat a little bit by scheduling online as soon as we get the MNL#. We may be able to schedule a few days sooner instead of waiting for “ready”. I’m not positive about that but saving a day here and there gets us all together sooner. Dont forget CFO 

She's already completed the CFO. She just has to bring her visa back there to get her letter and sticker. They wouldn't give her the letter until she was approved.

MEETING

images.jpg

She's already completed the CFO. She just has to bring her visa back there to get her letter and sticker. They wouldn't give her the letter until she was approved.

True. Rose will get her sticker when the kids go for their peer counseling. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It appears that the website is back up. I just checked my status, even though I know I’m still weeks away as a June 23rd filer. It’s just habit as I’ve check a couple of times a day since July lol

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Avilaj130 said:

Seeing June filers got noa2 already ?! 

This is made very excited! 

C323290E-D61E-4895-BDE8-B067FC3210AC.png

Who is number 10?

Other than that I believe it's end of May cases. Vj makes people put noa redwood date instead of uscis receieved dates.  

Actually I'm not even sure about number 10... joined 13 hours ago, and last activity 13 hours ago... easy to check tonight tho 😉

Edited by Naes

17 minutes ago, Naes said:

Who is number 10?

Other than that I believe it's end of May cases. Vj makes people put noa redwood date instead of uscis receieved dates.  

Actually I'm not even sure about number 10... joined 13 hours ago, and last activity 13 hours ago... easy to check tonight tho 😉

Oh okay got my hopes up I guess lol thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.