stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gabon
Timeline

My fiance used to live in the US as an F1 student.. (5 years ago). He never had any criminal issues here, arrests, nothing. Does anyone here know if you need to get police certificates from the US as well? I would think that they take care of US stuff since they do criminal and background checks on their end, but maybe I'm wrong. If he does not US police certificates, but he has no record, how does that work? I've been researching a bit, but just wondering if anyone had some insight on that!

Spoiler

• 6/29/17 Sent I-129F Package via Fed-Ex - Overnight 
  • 6/30/17 Delivered (official "Received Date" on NOA1)
  • 7/5/17 Electronic notice of Receipt (Case sent to California Service Center)
  • 7/6/17 Check Processed
  • 7/10/17 Hard Copy of NOA1 (I-797C) received by mail
  • 11/8/17 Filed an Inquiry due to "Outside of Normal Processing Times"

(subsequent to sudden jump on official USCIS Processing Times to September 1st cases)

• 2/6/18 Approved! NOA2 Date
  • 2/12/18 Received approved NOA2 Hard Copy - NO ONLINE UPDATES
  • 2/21/18 NVC Received AND NVC Number Assigned
  • 2/26/18 Left NVC
  • 2/27/18 Received by Embassy
  • 2/27/18 READY
  • 3/14/18 Interview, Result: APPROVED!!! 
  • 5/31/18 POE

1 minute ago, Ivan D said:

Hello everyone,

So I just called USCIS in regards to my petition that was approved and received on June 5, 2017. They told me that I am out of normal processing time, since they've just updated their processing times to September 1, 2017. All she could do for me is to send a request to the servicing center in California to let them know about my inquiry, and that it might take anywhere from 15 to 30 days for them to reply. I'm really frustrated and do not understand what happened to June petitions, if they've already skipped all the way to September.

Relax.  Everything is going fine and generally in order.  Someone put the wrong date on the site.  They are NOT skipping ahead 3 months.  Calling USCIS generally does not bear much fruit.  Watch these threads and you will have much better and more accurate information.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jemonline said:

My fiance used to live in the US as an F1 student.. (5 years ago). He never had any criminal issues here, arrests, nothing. Does anyone here know if you need to get police certificates from the US as well? I would think that they take care of US stuff since they do criminal and background checks on their end, but maybe I'm wrong. If he does not US police certificates, but he has no record, how does that work? I've been researching a bit, but just wondering if anyone had some insight on that!

Reveal hidden contents

The USCIS has access to the US police reports.  There is no reason to do them on your own.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

So i filed I 129 F on June 9th and received confirmation on June 13th. Have not heard anything. Now the processing times have moved to September. I am confused and dont know what to do. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Foksha said:

So i filed I 129 F on June 9th and received confirmation on June 13th. Have not heard anything. Now the processing times have moved to September. I am confused and dont know what to do. 

Just wait, chill, keep an eye on the app and they top work these wonderful people are doing here, and you'll see they are finishing up on May. They'll get to us very soon. The site looks as though it could be an error. :)

3 minutes ago, Foksha said:

First relax and realize that the date on the site is just plain wrong.  June 9 will be processed this month, hopefully in a week or two.  Take a look around as there are people that run the numbers daily.  Check out @Naes, @The Squirrel or @Shoegum for real and accurate information.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

First relax and realize that the date on the site is just plain wrong.  June 9 will be processed this month, hopefully in a week or two.  Take a look around as there are people that run the numbers daily.  Check out @Naes, @The Squirrel or @Shoegum for real and accurate information.

You're like a vacuum cleaner right now lol

2 minutes ago, useful89 said:

I suck?  LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 minute ago, DMV25 said:

So we received our notice of receipt on June 12.... not really asking questions but hoping that we'll get an answer soon.... and as soon as we do i'll post here so the folks who applied later will feel more relieved... cause based on experience i am sitting on the edge lol

I'm the same day as you. Wanna race? Lol

Just now, John & Rose said:

I suck?  LOL

Hahaha. No, you're just hoovering through all the usual questions systematically.

1 minute ago, useful89 said:

Hahaha. No, you're just hoovering through all the usual questions systematically.

Yep, I feel bad for all the newbies that got fooled by the USCIS site for the good and bad.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 minutes ago, useful89 said:

Did you really get transferred to the Texas Service Center or is that just a mistake?  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't get me wrong... I'm not expecting anything, but we might get lucky with something... you never know!

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.