stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Britanee7 @KandW

and i I realized both from U.K... my Turkish passport would not stand a chance 😂😂

going back to my anxious corner...

20 minutes ago, Naes said:

I'm extremely nervous 😩 

please update us about out how it goes..

hence woke up fiance... "that's why I don't want you to read too much in the forum" was the answer I got... so go and start reading the " yes, you can visit" post... it made me come back to my less anxious self 

17 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Britanee7 @KandW

and i I realized both from U.K... my Turkish passport would not stand a chance 😂😂

going back to my anxious corner...

Lmao @Naes too funny!!

@Britanee7 this has made my day!!! I’m going via Ireland as the us customs there are friendlier than the ones in Chicago. 

I will let you all know how it goes...

Guys, I have a question. Are you able to book an interview date on your own or does the embassy give you a scheduled date? 

2 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

Guys, I have a question. Are you able to book an interview date on your own or does the embassy give you a scheduled date? 

You pick a date, it is done on the embassy website. There will be a calendar, and you can see what days they have available, so you click on the one that suits you.

32 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

You pick a date, it is done on the embassy website. There will be a calendar, and you can see what days they have available, so you click on the one that suits you.

Actually, that is not true for all embassies.  I answered the same way once and I was told that it is embassy specific.  Some will send letters that are required before you schedule and some make you schedule a future date in person.  Some are online and others are via phone call only.  Check with your specific embassy.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, Lana96 said:

Hey everyone ! 

Our I129-F form was recieved by the Californian Service Center on June 9th.

And still nothing! We’re almost at 6 months. 

Neither me or my fiancé have any felonies or literally anything in our backgrounds. We never had and encounters with the law. 

Im wondering what takes them so long.... 

not to mention, I got “arrested” at the border last time I came to visit him in the us. They held me in the border protection office and questioned me. They took my cell phone and went trough ALL of our personal messages....all that Because apparently I visited him too many times and the government didn’t like me being there?! I don’t know, I was perfectly legal. Had my visa and everything. 

And they put a restriction on me, so I can’t come back and we can’t see each other again before the visa is issued. 😡 

When you say you had your visa, what do you mean by that? You only need your passport and a valid ESTA to travel as a German I thought (same as us); do you have a German passport? Did you bring additional proof of ties to Germany? And how did they let you pass and into the country while simultaneously giving you a ban? Also, which Airport was this?

I was dreading exactly this kind of scrutiny last time I entered, but funny enough it was my easiest entry ever, I didn't even had to mention the K1 as everything went so smooth and quick, with my luggage arriving as one of the firsts I was out of the airport in 15-20 min, I could barely believe it. Guess I got lucky. I can't believe they went through your phone without any reason other than you visiting a few times! Did that influence the outcome in any way?

Edited by Catseal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Catseal said:

When you say you had your visa, what do you mean by that? You only need your passport and a valid ESTA to travel as a German I thought (same as us); do you have a German passport? Did you bring additional proof of ties to Germany? And how did they let you pass and into the country while simultaneously giving you a ban? Also, which Airport was this?

I was dreading exactly this kind of scrutiny last time I entered, but funny enough it was my easiest entry ever, I didn't even had to mention the K1 as everything went so smooth and quick, with my luggage arriving as one of the firsts I was out of the airport in 15-20 min, I could barely believe it. Guess I got lucky. I can't believe they went through your phone without any reason other than you visiting a few times! Did that influence the outcome in any way?

Ok the right questions to ask! 

I cant wait for the answers!!

for me too, the one I entered after k1 petition was literally 5 min with walking and kiosk and everything. Didn't even check my return ticket. I said I'm here to visit my fiancé in hospital and she just ask how long. That was it... 

i hope it it will be as easy in December...

Question:

does anyone know if own if we can go to line together in LAX if my fiancé is with me for the POE, when I'm going with a tourist visa?

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lana96 said:

Hey everyone ! 

Our I129-F form was recieved by the Californian Service Center on June 9th.

And still nothing! We’re almost at 6 months. 

Neither me or my fiancé have any felonies or literally anything in our backgrounds. We never had and encounters with the law. 

Im wondering what takes them so long.... 

not to mention, I got “arrested” at the border last time I came to visit him in the us. They held me in the border protection office and questioned me. They took my cell phone and went trough ALL of our personal messages....all that Because apparently I visited him too many times and the government didn’t like me being there?! I don’t know, I was perfectly legal. Had my visa and everything. 

And they put a restriction on me, so I can’t come back and we can’t see each other again before the visa is issued. 😡 

What country are you from? We’re you actually “arrested” or just declined admission? 

46 minutes ago, Naes said:

Didn't even check my return ticket.

Same here haha, the convo was literally this:
Q: What are you here for?
A: I'm visiting
Q: Whom? 
A: My fiancé
Q: Where did you meet? 
A: Switzerland

Q: Is he a USC?

A: Yes

Q: How did you meet? 
A: ...(he stoped me after two sentences with a "gotcha gotcha")

Q: When were you here the last time? 
A: January
Q: How long are you staying?

A: Until (departure date)

Him: Ok, enjoy your stay.

I was so nervous, but he didn't even demand to look at my return ticket or anything else. VERY positive experience.

One counter next to me had a K1 beneficiary too I think, because one of the officers was yelling "fiancé, over here!" right when I was let go and I got very confused for a moment. When I realized it wasn't me she was waving over I think I almost jogged to the luggage claim because I wanted to get away before they decide otherwise. :whistle: Still think I got lucky all went so smooth and it was mostly because I haven't visited for a long time (we made sure he visited me) and also my stay was short (2 weeks), so really hope NOA2 comes soon so the next entry will be K1 POE.

Edited by Catseal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Catseal said:

Same here haha, the convo was literally this:
Q: What are you here for?
A: I'm visiting
Q: Whom? 
A: My fiancé
Q: Where did you meet? 
A: Switzerland

Q: Is he a USC?

A: Yes

Q: How did you meet? 
A: ...(he stoped me after two sentences with a "gotcha gotcha")

Q: When were you here the last time? 
A: January
Q: How long are you staying?

A: Until (departure date)

Him: Ok, enjoy your stay.

I was so nervous, but he didn't even demand to look at my return ticket or anything else. VERY positive experience.

One counter next to me had a K1 beneficiary too I think, because one of the officers was yelling "fiancé, over here!" right when I was let go and I got very confused for a moment. When I realized it wasn't me she was waving over I think I almost jogged to the luggage claim because I wanted to get away before they decide otherwise. :whistle: Still think I got lucky all went so smooth and it was mostly because I haven't visited for a long time (we made sure he visited me) and also my stay was short (2 weeks), so really hope NOA2 comes soon so the next entry will be K1 POE.

Yes, I went this September for 8 days but I’m going this December for three weeks. 

this is my third time going this year and so nervous because. The first time was for 5 days and then 8 and then this December. Every time was so easy and never lied.

I’m  nervous now

Edited by jackyjimenez

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Great guys, why don't you just cancel all of your plans, and don't come, since you are scared by the story that makes zero sense. And it comes from some forum member that you don't know exists at all. Great reason to alter your lives :wacko: 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Great guys, why don't you just cancel all of your plans, and don't come, since you are scared by the story that makes zero sense. And it comes from some forum member that you don't know exists at all. Great reason to alter your lives :wacko: 

You are right 😭

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

41 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Definitely would not keep me from coming over another time if NOA2 doesn't come anytime soon, are you kidding! :no:  And I merely meant I WAS nervous at the airport, but as my story (and many others, which can be read in the thread about visiting) show, there is really almost never a problem when people visit on ESTA/VVP, that's why I am curious as to why this person would have experienced such scrutiny out of the blue (granted, IF the story is true, hence my many questions). 

Edited by Catseal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.