stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
8 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I honestly don’t think we are actually fighting. This is a way that we can blow off some steam. We all have stresses and frustrations. We will get through this but I do love the math in both the art and the science behind the predictions. This is actually kind of fun and I know I am learning a lot about myself, the others here, the world and statistics!  What more can I ever ask for?  Oh wait, how about an NOA2!

Starting to feel less stressed, we are getting closer. I’m going to Cambodia for the interview date, whatever that date is.

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

1 minute ago, George & Roth said:

Starting to feel less stressed, we are getting closer. I’m going to Cambodia for the interview date, whatever that date is.

To me the stress came down when I accepted the fact that is will be a 6 month wait. Right now I’m on day 143 and it’s all good. We will be together in December for a visit and hopefully another visit in January for the interview. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Did you guys see they "updated" the processing times.... august 31 processing April 1.... 

i think they were running out of excuses on tier 1 calls.. and finally accepted the reality

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

To me the stress came down when I accepted the fact that is will be a 6 month wait. Right now I’m on day 143 and it’s all good. We will be together in December for a visit and hopefully another visit in January for the interview. 

Almost at the 5 month mark! I’m sending positive vibes into the universe for us all :rolleyes:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Acceptance is bliss 😊 

(new motto to stay alive in this endless hole of k1..)

Hey everyone ! 

Our I129-F form was recieved by the Californian Service Center on June 9th.

And still nothing! We’re almost at 6 months. 

Neither me or my fiancé have any felonies or literally anything in our backgrounds. We never had and encounters with the law. 

Im wondering what takes them so long.... 

not to mention, I got “arrested” at the border last time I came to visit him in the us. They held me in the border protection office and questioned me. They took my cell phone and went trough ALL of our personal messages....all that Because apparently I visited him too many times and the government didn’t like me being there?! I don’t know, I was perfectly legal. Had my visa and everything. 

And they put a restriction on me, so I can’t come back and we can’t see each other again before the visa is issued. 😡 

Edited by Lana96

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lana96 said:

Hey everyone ! 

Neither me or my fiancé have any felonies or literally anything in our backgrounds. We never had and encounters with the law. 

not to mention, I got arrested at the border last time I came to visit him in the us. Because apparently I visited him too many times and the government didn’t like me being there?! I don’t know, I was perfectly legal. 

And they put a restriction on me, so I can’t come back and we can’t see each other again before the visa is issued. 😡 

Hey back! 

They didn't started June yet. They are processing mid-May filers.

They have a considerable amount of backlog so wait is around 6 months right now.

By the way how many times and for how long did you travel to get to that point? 

Edited by Naes

Just now, Naes said:

They didn't started June yet. They are processing mid-May filers.

They have a considerable amount of backlog so wait is around 6 months right now.

Sorry you can't see him.but you were probably detained, not arrested I'm guessing. 

By the way how many times and for how long did you travel to get to that point? 

Sorry foreigner 😌 don’t always use the right words. 

I visited him twice for a week each. Now I’m here for 2 weeks. 

So 4 weeks in 6 months all together 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lana96 said:

Sorry foreigner 😌 don’t always use the right words. 

I visited him twice for a week each. Now I’m here for 2 weeks. 

So 4 weeks in 6 months all together 

No problem, I'm the beneficiary too. I realized and tried to delete that part later 😊

Hmm interesting, maybe you didn't have enough ties to your country to show?

you're here. As in you entered USA or they stopped you on that 3rd visit? 

I travelled in May for 10 days, September for a week, and planning for Christmas now hope it won't be a problem. 

Well hopefully you'll just need to hang on only a few more months. But as I said, the processing times are really bad right now...

Edited by Naes

21 minutes ago, Lana96 said:

Hey everyone ! 

not to mention, I got “arrested” at the border last time I came to visit him in the us. They held me in the border protection office and questioned me. They took my cell phone and went trough ALL of our personal messages....all that Because apparently I visited him too many times and the government didn’t like me being there?! I don’t know, I was perfectly legal. Had my visa and everything. 

It takes USCIS 5 to 6 months just to touch the file. The review is only 5 to 10 minutes. 

The same thing happened to my friend’s daughter. Technically it isn’t an arrest but it might as well be. Locked in a room with no cell phone. My friend’s daughter was stopped because she was making her third trip from Romania in a year. DHS believes 3 trips a year may mean you are a drug mule. Sad but true. She got a 5 year ban. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It takes USCIS 5 to 6 months just to touch the file. The review is only 5 to 10 minutes. 

The same thing happened to my friend’s daughter. Technically it isn’t an arrest but it might as well be. Locked in a room with no cell phone. My friend’s daughter was stopped because she was making her third trip from Romania in a year. DHS believes 3 trips a year may mean you are a drug mule. Sad but true. She got a 5 year ban. 

Wow 😳 

now I'm scared 

17 minutes ago, Lana96 said:

Hey everyone ! 

First you need to recalculate, it's not even close to 6 months. You are 2 weeks away from being at 5 months, and than you need another entire month to be at 6  months. I hope you don't try celebrating New Year on November 15th :lol:

Also, it would be nice to share what country you came from, and what which airport this took place, or was it the land crossing.

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is INCREDIBLE !!! 

And the same thing happened to me. I begged them to let me go, even just to fly back to Germany. I didn’t want to get in trouble, I never ever got in trouble in my life ! 

Glady they granted me entry. But I was held in there for almost 2 hours. I had to swear an oath and was questioned like a terrorist. The biggest invasion of privacy was them going through my personal text messages. I asked them to give me my phone back and id just leave the country. After 2 hrs of begging, I was let go. But not without the ban!! That’s why I’m so nervous about this process. I can’t see him again until the visa is issued. I’m pretty much 6 months in already. This is horrible. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.