stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Geetartha said:

137 days since we submitted our file. Received noa1, still no sign of noa2. The USCIS current processing status show April 1 and have been like that since a week? What’s your update guys

Ask again in another month. Some here feel approvals will be around the 160 point while others feel 180 is more accurate. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, John & Rose said:

Wait!!!  I'm the pessimist here!!!!  That's my job!!!  I would point out that things will slow down at the start of November and there are short weeks heading into December!  Holidaze are upon us.  In realty, I am hoping for 171 but with the latest info I'm leaning closer to 190.  

I'm June 5.  If I don't see NOA2 by December 15, it will be January.  While June has fewer petitions, on October 19, May still has only 3 less petitions to go through than the entire month of June.  April still has hundreds of stragglers and there are still occasional March filers chiming in with no NOA2.  

There are people in the September forum that were hoping for a Christmas POE.  Last year that may have been possible.  Now September will be looking at March or April NOA2.  

This is where we are.  I pray that all of us get NOA2s quickly but the facts simply don't support a miraculous turn around in petitions processed and approved.  There seem to be a lot of late month RFEs too.  Maybe that buys them time or maybe it is a coincidence and the May and June filers just need more information.

I'm really not a mean or bad guy.  This is what it is.  I honestly hope that I am wrong.  BUT...we will all be less stressed if we accept the fact that we are going to be facing the longest delays in history.  If we accept the 180 and can relax, 170 will be an incredible achievement.  If we are stressing over 160 and it is 170, we will all be frustrated and upset.  I prefer to realize that this is going to take a while and I can relax and wait without as much stress as I would have if I already felt this is taking way too long.

Just my 2 cents.  I wish all of you the very best and I hope that all of our dreams come true quickly.  I know the wait will be worth it and that I do not want any additional strain on this long distance relationship.  We will all be with our loved ones soon.  Sit back and relax.  Our stress will not make them process the petitions any quicker.  

I'm a blackbelt in taekwondo.  I live every day under the 5 tenets of Courtesy; Integrity; Perseverance; Self-Control and Indomitable Spirit.  We will get through this journey.  Stay focused on the partner and always be there to comfort and support them.  Right now we have no control.  It will happen.  Relax and hold your partners close, even if they are half way around the world.

I think there are just so many people who refuse to face the facts, that they get frustrated or even angry when someone points them out. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that this processing time is likely the longest ever, and can't be compared to last year or any other previous year. Anxiousness breeds frustration, particularly when things don't happen the way you were expecting them to. But everything you've posted (that I've read, at least) has been entirely genuine and realistic. Again - not always what we want to hear, but usually what we need to hear.

I'm usually one of those people who expect and plan for the worst, and hope for the best. I don't like being blindsided, if I can help it. This is a good example of using that method, albeit the most difficult time to utilize it. I wish everyone the best and speediest process ever, because I know everyone here would nearly give a limb just to get through it overnight. I think I would. :huh: lol But all we can do is wait, and hold ourselves accountable for what we do have control over.

I hope everyone is right about gaining more control over the timing once NOA2 is received. One good thing about all this waiting for NOA2 means, if that's the case, most of us will be prepared to hit the ground running to that finish line. :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

26 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I think there are just so many people who refuse to face the facts, that they get frustrated or even angry when someone points them out. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that this processing time is likely the longest ever, and can't be compared to last year or any other previous year. Anxiousness breeds frustration, particularly when things don't happen the way you were expecting them to. But everything you've posted (that I've read, at least) has been entirely genuine and realistic. Again - not always what we want to hear, but usually what we need to hear.

I'm usually one of those people who expect and plan for the worst, and hope for the best. I don't like being blindsided, if I can help it. This is a good example of using that method, albeit the most difficult time to utilize it. I wish everyone the best and speediest process ever, because I know everyone here would nearly give a limb just to get through it overnight. I think I would. :huh: lol But all we can do is wait, and hold ourselves accountable for what we do have control over.

I hope everyone is right about gaining more control over the timing once NOA2 is received. One good thing about all this waiting for NOA2 means, if that's the case, most of us will be prepared to hit the ground running to that finish line. :) 

I am hoping to relieve some of the stress levels by helping people realize that this is not going to be quick. We may have the longest processing time in history but it will get processed. Take a deep breath. Just relax. Use the time to get everything ready for the day your love arrives. It may be slow but it will end. I feel bad for the people at 120 to 130 who are so frustrated already. I believe 180 is a real possibility. I hope it is sooner but sooner would be a happy surprise. I will start getting upset again at 190!!! Lol

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Geetartha said:

Thank you so much for your really. It’s so hard to wait at this movement now. Hope I will pass these days too 

John is our reality checker...keeps us in line B-)Have you filled out a timeline yet? 

8 minutes ago, KBA said:

John is our reality checker...keeps us in line B-)Have you filled out a timeline yet? 

Managing expectations is really critical here.  There is so much stress and frustration already. Unrealistic expectations will just make things tougher.  I honestly hope that all this goes quickly and easily for all of us.  Knowing that it can be a bit longer than expected (and WAY longer than wanted) may help some of us to relax and realize that it IS still moving.  It may be very slow but everyday is one day closer.  The process is always moving forward.  We need to stop stressing about perceived timelines and simply allow this to happen.  The journey will end and at the end we will be with our loved ones.  Don’t add to the stress levels that are already way too high.  We have no control right now so accept that fact and smile.  We will all get through this.  

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
52 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Managing expectations is really critical here.  There is so much stress and frustration already. Unrealistic expectations will just make things tougher.  I honestly hope that all this goes quickly and easily for all of us.  Knowing that it can be a bit longer than expected (and WAY longer than wanted) may help some of us to relax and realize that it IS still moving.  It may be very slow but everyday is one day closer.  The process is always moving forward.  We need to stop stressing about perceived timelines and simply allow this to happen.  The journey will end and at the end we will be with our loved ones.  Don’t add to the stress levels that are already way too high.  We have no control right now so accept that fact and smile.  We will all get through this.  

Agreed, I think it is difficult for our group in that the processing times have changed considerably since we all applied and we went into this with different expectations...however, just like with many things in life we have to accept the reality and go with the flow. As you said, this is something we have no control over but eventually it will be over and we’ll be with our loved ones! :rolleyes: 

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I am hoping to relieve some of the stress levels by helping people realize that this is not going to be quick. We may have the longest processing time in history but it will get processed. Take a deep breath. Just relax. Use the time to get everything ready for the day your love arrives. It may be slow but it will end. I feel bad for the people at 120 to 130 who are so frustrated already. I believe 180 is a real possibility. I hope it is sooner but sooner would be a happy surprise. I will start getting upset again at 190!!! Lol

LOL, I know right?? The dance is super frustrating. "You should hear something come September-ish..." *September comes* "Actually, it'll be October"... *October comes* "Actually, it's gonna be November". November's almost here, and my date is slowly creeping its way into December. <_<

But, yes - eventually, it will and has to move onto the next step. This perpetual purgatory we are all stuck in is temporary, regardless how limitless it is beginning to feel! :P 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Timeline
12 hours ago, RjBazan said:

Day 123... And going on 8 months since I’ve seen my fiancé... Even though we skype and talk for about 5 - 10 hrs a day lol... ( I’m a night nurse so she’s awake) which does help but still not the same... I need to see her... Anyone know a good website or app to travel to general santos Philippines... I always use OneTravel but lately they have gone crazy with 40 hr trips and crazy expensive... Thanks!

Try Momondo. I can't speak for flights to the Philippines, but for the most part, all other typical sites (for me) are usually the same, but Momondo does the best out of all of them of quoting the best deals all around, factoring both price and travel time. My fiancé has been a globe trotter for decades and uses this site and only this site, so I learned about it from him. :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

1 minute ago, Paul & Mallory said:

LOL, I know right?? The dance is super frustrating. "You should hear something come September-ish..." *September comes* "Actually, it'll be October"... *October comes* "Actually, it's gonna be November". November's almost here, and my date is slowly creeping its way into December. <_<

But, yes - eventually, it will and has to move onto the next step. This perpetual purgatory we are all stuck in is temporary, regardless how limitless it is beginning to feel! :P 

I started with September 6 and I was so excited to give my new family their first white Christmas.  Today the Timeline says November 15 and I am still looking forward to their first white Christmas...in 2018.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I started with September 6 and I was so excited to give my new family their first white Christmas.  Today the Timeline says November 15 and I am still looking forward to their first white Christmas...in 2018.

DITTO. My fiancé and I were talking about it this morning, because our date has moved a smidge closer to December since I checked before the weekend. I was like, "Remember the good old days, when we thought we'd be nearly done with this whole thing by now??? And we'd be together for Christmas??? Oh, the young naivety!" :jest: It's definitely the biggest lesson in patience I have ever been subjected to, which is, in all honesty, something I've always needed to work on. So, better late than never, right? :P

Håll ut, y'all.

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

DITTO. My fiancé and I were talking about it this morning, because our date has moved a smidge closer to December since I checked before the weekend. I was like, "Remember the good old days, when we thought we'd be nearly done with this whole thing by now??? And we'd be together for Christmas??? Oh, the young naivety!" :jest: It's definitely the biggest lesson in patience I have ever been subjected to, which is, in all honesty, something I've always needed to work on. So, better late than never, right? :P

Indeed.  This is a great lesson in humility and patience.  There is no doubt that the end, whenever it is, will be the same.  Yes, I think that I originally though that we would all be together in Chicago by November 5.  Wow, I was dumb when I was young!!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Guys lets stop a bit with this sobbing, it is not nice at all. It is a party, and enjoy the process.

@John & Rose at least you have a leg up on all of us, I would love to be in your shoes. Being that you will be one of the first ones to the finish line, will you abandon your forum family here, or will you stick for the duration?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.