stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@John & Rose same to you.

It really has been quite the process and it will only get more intense after the NO2.

This site has helped with getting some real information. People like you who are a source of realism and optimism are so needed and appreciated! 

We have not planned or paid for anything yet, thank god! 

1 minute ago, RcaliforniaR said:

@John & Rose same to you.

It really has been quite the process and it will only get more intense after the NO2.

This site has helped with getting some real information. People like you who are a source of realism and optimism are so needed and appreciated! 

We have not planned or paid for anything yet, thank god! 

I appreciate the kind words.  I actually think that you will see things move much smoother after NOA2.  At least you get more control over how fast things move.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 minutes ago, KBA said:

Timeline has slipped into December :blink:...no surprise of course. I’m starting to think we need to develop a Top 10 Ways to Survive the K1 visa process!! :jest:

Hmmm. Bourbon, rum, vodka???

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, KBA said:

Timeline has slipped into December :blink:...no surprise of course. I’m starting to think we need to develop a Top 10 Ways to Survive the K1 visa process!! :jest:

I here ya! VJ has mine at 157-160 days. No way it will be that fast, but I'd love it it was!!!

1 minute ago, DandY said:

I here ya! VJ has mine at 157-160 days. No way it will be that fast, but I'd love it it was!!!

You were ways at the 170 day range. I’m leaning towards 190 and I really hope I’m wrong!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

You were ways at the 170 day range. I’m leaning towards 190 and I really hope I’m wrong!

No, let's be clear, last math I did was 174-178. I think it is that or worse. VJ is the one that has me at 157 to 160. The VJ timeline is WHACK!!!! I wish it would be that good, but it won't unless I'm a line jumper. I'm just afraid we are about to see 25% or more of us get RFE for a "lost document" or to have something clarified.

1 minute ago, DandY said:

No, let's be clear, last math I did was 174-178. I think it is that or worse. VJ is the one that has me at 157 to 160. The VJ timeline is WHACK!!!! I wish it would be that good, but it won't unless I'm a line jumper. I'm just afraid we are about to see 25% or more of us get RFE for a "lost document" or to have something clarified.

The RFE is an interesting way of them deflecting the length of the review!  That scares me. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

The RFE is an interesting way of them deflecting the length of the review!  That scares me. 

Yeah, I've combed through out stuff and I get get two possible RFEs that they could send. Both a stretch, but I can see where they could use it.

Just now, DandY said:

Yeah, I've combed through out stuff and I get get two possible RFEs that they could send. Both a stretch, but I can see where they could use it.

Heck. They don’t really need a reason. That is what scares me. Just simple ask for more proof of relationship. I am hoping that they will not get to that point to relieve their pressure. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I can't leave you guys alone for too long, look what happens - an orgy of pessimism and despair :lol::lol::lol:

We all set our bets, I'm sticking to mine. Just a reminder, even though this is a gov't ran operation, it still is a business first and foremost. They got backed up, and new applications are coming in similar numbers as they did before. Pending number of apps was over 20,000 for last two quarters, so just multiply that with dollars that "that business" has in accounts receivable. Their fiscal year just ended on October 1st, and there will be shortage of funds that are counted on. USCIS may have our heads on stumps, but there is a body above them that they answer to. Can someone please list the fees we have coming up after this, so we can multiply that with 5500 cases that they got behind Jan - Mar. Money hovering in exactly nowhere. Expect movement, and expect it soon. 160 days boys and girls and you will be calling your significant others with great news ! Hold tight, we are ok ! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I can't leave you guys alone for too long, look what happens - an orgy of pessimism and despair :lol::lol::lol:

We all set our bets, I'm sticking to mine. Just a reminder, even though this is a gov't ran operation, it still is a business first and foremost. They got backed up, and new applications are coming in similar numbers as they did before. Pending number of apps was over 20,000 for last two quarters, so just multiply that with dollars that "that business" has in accounts receivable. Their fiscal year just ended on October 1st, and there will be shortage of funds that are counted on. USCIS may have our heads on stumps, but there is a body above them that they answer to. Can someone please list the fees we have coming up after this, so we can multiply that with 5500 cases that they got behind Jan - Mar. Money hovering in exactly nowhere. Expect movement, and expect it soon. 160 days boys and girls and you will be calling your significant others with great news ! Hold tight, we are ok ! 

Realistic analysis of the data is called an "orgy of pessimism", huh? :P

Seriously, you want to run over and tell all the April and May filers that are above 160 that they are mistaken and they have gotten NOA2 already? :P

Lastly, trust me, I'm pro-government, but a business it is not. If it were, this would not happen as there are numerous ways to make this process more efficient and someone would have come in with better performance and a lower cost. 

The money we have coming up is an insignificant drop in the budget. Delaying a few months is not going to break the bank.

You don't have a timeline, when was your NOA1? I want to put an appt on my calendar at 160 days from then. :P

Timeline
12 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

160 days boys and girls and you will be calling your significant others with great news ! 

You are aware of the quantity of April filers that have not been processed right? And they are 5-6 weeks in front of us in line. I'm happy to accept your 160 if you show your math. Would you please, because my math does not get us anywhere close to that! The rate they are working them does not get me NOA2 in 23 days. I can't get any evidentially backed scenario that gets that. So, please show your math. I'd love for you to be right.

Edited by DandY

5 minutes ago, DandY said:

You are aware of the quantity of April filers that have not been processed right? And they are 5-6 weeks in front of us in line. I'm happy to accept your 160 if you show your math. Would you please, because my math does not get us anywhere close to that! The rate they are working them does not get me NOA2 in 23 days. I can't get any evidentially backed scenario that gets that. So, please show your math. I'd love for you to be right.

Still 1000 April untouched. 3700 May waiting and then 3800 Juners in the wings

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Well, dear @DandY I would gladly, just not the right night for that ;). Do we need to have every single member be at 160 for it to be correct? Will there be 150's in June? Yes. They are where they are at this point, they have 2 weeks + 1 day untouched. That is a fact. So next group coming up in May is about 160 as of upcoming Monday. Days prior to that day are all well over 50% done, except the 8th. But there are a 70 and 80 case days down the road, so they should be done before they start.

More importantly, there is now daily evidence that there are cases done and not updated, going a week, and 10 days back, approvals as well as RFE's. So very possibly, they are one business week + 1 day away from June. June 1st may be touched even on following Monday or Tuesday, October 30th and 31st.

To add to calculation, cases from April and May that are untouched, may just be seen through part of the entire state of the world today, and security risks. What countries cases come from? I hate to think there are people doing this for wrong reasons, but I'm sure there are. There is that idiotic show "90 day fiancé", that makes mockery of our lives, our feelings and problems. How many fools are living out the show? You think honestly there is no cases where the true matter is 3 month "sexfest"? How many cases are sitting "untouched" where all of this may play a role? So factor it all in, and tell the God's honest truth - do we need not to be patient and happy? We placed wagers, I am by no means a betting man, but I like my odds :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.