stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Damaris Martis said:

How you can check how many cases where in July, Aug and September?....i receive my noa1 in September 11, so that's way i am trying to figure.

So.....things should go a lot quicker once they get through May (he said hopefully)...?

8 hours ago, Oksmanoks said:

Hi there! :) 

I've been one of those people that lurks and reads on this thread and never bothers to talk. I guess i don't really have anything to say that's why. ;) But now i do so...

I have this dilemma about this K1 process... 

I have a passport expiring on January 2019 and since our application is still in process and might not get NOA2 'til December, i was wondering if i should renew my passport in January 2018 before i start answering my DS-160 and setting my medical and interview appointments. The thing is, passport applications are now so hard to book online (only in the Philippines) and i don't know when they're going to have an available slot. So now i'm thinking on whether i should just hold back on the passport renewal since mine is technically still valid and just wait until i get to the US and renew my passport there. If i get lucky and leave the country around March or April, my passport is still valid in the US for 9 months. I read something about passport validity should be 6 months beyond extended stay in the US, is mine still considered valid then? 

I've been very patient with this whole K1 application since i know that my fiance and i will be together soon so we're just going with the flow but my passport's bugging me and so i just want some input from you guys on what the best option is and so i would gladly appreciate your comments and suggestions on this. :) 

Thanks in advance! :D 

Get a passport extension, usually they add 2 more years on your current passport. I am currently in the Middle East, the Philippine Embassy will give you an extension even if you have 1 year left on your passport. I filed for an extension because I have 9 months left in my passport and I just waited for 10 minutes to have an extension stamped on my passport. Anyways, you will change your name through marriage when you get to the US. You can apply for a passport by then with your new married name in the Philippine Embassy near you. 

Edited by msscarlette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, msscarlette said:

Get a passport extension, usually they add 2 more years on your current passport. I am currently in the Middle East, the Philippine Embassy will give you an extension even if you have 1 year left on your passport. I filed for an extension because I have 9 months left in my passport and I just waited for 10 minutes to have an extension stamped on my passport. Anyways, you will change your name through marriage when you get to the US. You can apply for a passport by then with your new married name in the Philippine Embassy near you. 

Hi there.

That's a great suggestion. Maybe i'll look into that as well. :)  Thanks! :D

Timeline
8 hours ago, Naes said:

I'm starting to believe they are giving out free rfes for anything and everything to gain some time

This has been hypothesized before and as they top 170 days, it is not an unreasonable hypothesis.

7 hours ago, Naes said:

I'll be checking and scanning September for us (my noa2 date 15 September!) 

right now I'm collecting the July numbers - halfway through. And I'll be taking a break to check April with @Shoegum to understand what's going on there. 

It will probably take a week till I collect all data up to September. In the meantime enjoy june numbers please 😊

PS: just realized 😂 if I did my job with this much pleasure I would get promoted, we would be rich in japan and wouldn't have to deal with this...

bwahahaha - def time for you to find a job that gives you so much pleasure andddd at the same time gives you all these compliments

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Timeline
7 hours ago, The Squirrel said:

I am not saying you should laugh or cry, but there are 3 more cases left to be done in May, than what we have in total. WoW  :huh: 

And at the rate they are going, to get through May, that is over 5 weeks worth of work if they do mostly "good weeks" (assuming that they are a week behind on updates and there are about 500 not updated). If they do June day for day, that means me at June 5 is at least 171 day for NOA2. And I doubt they will do 5 "good weeks" because there is no precedent. If you actually calculate the rate they have been working them and factor that in, John is right, 1st week of June will be over 180 days.

Surely, you cannot still be in denial and think June 1 will have their NOA2 in 20 days?!?!?!?

I need an outlet for my anger and frustration, maybe this is a good time to take up kickboxing. :P

24 minutes ago, DandY said:

I need an outlet for my anger and frustration, maybe this is a good time to take up kickboxing. :P

you are good with kickboxing - I would do shopping or bake some goodies and eat it in my frustration lol

29 minutes ago, DandY said:

And at the rate they are going, to get through May, that is over 5 weeks worth of work if they do mostly "good weeks" (assuming that they are a week behind on updates and there are about 500 not updated). If they do June day for day, that means me at June 5 is at least 171 day for NOA2. And I doubt they will do 5 "good weeks" because there is no precedent. If you actually calculate the rate they have been working them and factor that in, John is right, 1st week of June will be over 180 days.

Surely, you cannot still be in denial and think June 1 will have their NOA2 in 20 days?!?!?!?

Wait!!!  I'm the pessimist here!!!!  That's my job!!!  I would point out that things will slow down at the start of November and there are short weeks heading into December!  Holidaze are upon us.  In realty, I am hoping for 171 but with the latest info I'm leaning closer to 190.  

I'm June 5.  If I don't see NOA2 by December 15, it will be January.  While June has fewer petitions, on October 19, May still has only 3 less petitions to go through than the entire month of June.  April still has hundreds of stragglers and there are still occasional March filers chiming in with no NOA2.  

There are people in the September forum that were hoping for a Christmas POE.  Last year that may have been possible.  Now September will be looking at March or April NOA2.  

This is where we are.  I pray that all of us get NOA2s quickly but the facts simply don't support a miraculous turn around in petitions processed and approved.  There seem to be a lot of late month RFEs too.  Maybe that buys them time or maybe it is a coincidence and the May and June filers just need more information.

I'm really not a mean or bad guy.  This is what it is.  I honestly hope that I am wrong.  BUT...we will all be less stressed if we accept the fact that we are going to be facing the longest delays in history.  If we accept the 180 and can relax, 170 will be an incredible achievement.  If we are stressing over 160 and it is 170, we will all be frustrated and upset.  I prefer to realize that this is going to take a while and I can relax and wait without as much stress as I would have if I already felt this is taking way too long.

Just my 2 cents.  I wish all of you the very best and I hope that all of our dreams come true quickly.  I know the wait will be worth it and that I do not want any additional strain on this long distance relationship.  We will all be with our loved ones soon.  Sit back and relax.  Our stress will not make them process the petitions any quicker.  

I'm a blackbelt in taekwondo.  I live every day under the 5 tenets of Courtesy; Integrity; Perseverance; Self-Control and Indomitable Spirit.  We will get through this journey.  Stay focused on the partner and always be there to comfort and support them.  Right now we have no control.  It will happen.  Relax and hold your partners close, even if they are half way around the world.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, loveneverfails17 said:

California, on the right track... So how much accurate is it? 

uscis_estimates.gif

Not accurate. From what I can surmise, it shows the most recent date entered by some minimum number VJ members. There are many many April and early May to still work.

2 minutes ago, loveneverfails17 said:

uscis_estimates.gif

It is misleading at best.  Hang in there.  It will happen.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, loveneverfails17 said:

uscis_estimates.gif

so what confuses me - why does everybody say CSC is the only one working on K1?

why does this tracking show TSC and VSC also then?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There seem to be a lot of late month RFEs too.  

I wish I or someone would have tracked RFE percentages. I do have a sneaking suspicion there will be an statistically significant increase in RFEs as timelines approach 170-180 days, but I don't have the data to find out if that is true. We could get from VJ data, but it is less accurate since it relies on user updates. If this does happen, this will push many over the 200 day mark.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.