stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
42 minutes ago, mego8787 said:

I am mailing my package with all documents this weekend. I have the papers in sheet protectors and I was going to put them all in a 3 inch binder. Do you think this is necessary or should I just stack them all in order and mail that way? 

They have to scan your entire packet into the system. It may be best to just send it as a stack. 

1 hour ago, mego8787 said:

I am mailing my package with all documents this weekend. I have the papers in sheet protectors and I was going to put them all in a 3 inch binder. Do you think this is necessary or should I just stack them all in order and mail that way? 

It's preferred to binder or paper clip your packet. The paper protectors will be thrown away after they barcode and scan your petition packet. USCIS really does not prefer for it to be put in a binder or sheet protectors. When you mail off your packet, it goes to the lockbox where they scan and re-package it to be sent to the CSC so that it can be reviewed and adjudicated.

Good Luck to you on your journey and Good Luck to all of you June Filers! :D

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

14 hours ago, KandW said:

Still anxiously waiting for our NOA1. 

Looking at June filers so far in this forum, there seems to be a lot less in here in comparison to those who have filed in the previous months.

Trust me, it might seem that way but it's only the middle of June. Keep in mind that there are thousands of petitioners who do not become VJ members or don't even know that this website exists.

I'm a May Filer and I thought the same way until about late May/early June, more and more members started coming in saying they filed in May.

You'll see more people join this forum towards the end of this month or early July as they start to get their NOA1's.

Good luck to you on your journey!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

13 hours ago, mego8787 said:

What about the expired g1145? 

G-1145 does not expire. It says so on the edition page on the USCIS screen. So you don't have to worry about that. Just make sure you add it to your packet so that you can received email/text notifications.

The G325A is no longer required to file with the new I-129F forms, although if you do file it, it's perfectly fine. Everything on this form has been put onto the new I-129F. I guess USCIS is starting to be more "paper-friendly". :P

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

13 hours ago, mego8787 said:

What do you think about this...so my fiance was in the U.S. visiting me May 31st. So his fiance letter of intent is dated May 31, 2017. I just completed everything else and dated all form 6/17/17. Do you think it is a big deal that we have different dates?

No, the date is fine. It's not over 60-90 days.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

3 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Hi June Filers!!!!

Just wanted to say to everyone congratulations on starting the first leg of this journey!!!!! I'm a May Filer that just "lurks" at other monthly forums to see updates and learn of other experiences that others have.

Please don't forget to create your timeline and make sure to update it with the dates appropriate to your case as this will become helpful to not just yourself but others that filed within the same month. It also keeps the estimated dates as close as accurate as possible. If you see that your date has changed a day or two away or closer, no worries!!!  Just simply means that either other members are not updating their timelines accurately or that they are and things are staying as close to schedule as possible (with the USCIS, there's really never a schedule with them these days....lol)

If you guys have questions, don't be afraid to ask others within your forum or other forums. Right now, December/January filers are having their interview or scheduling their interviews. February/March are receiving NOA2's and heading over the NVC/Embassy stages.

Last piece of advice (which is even hard for me to follow at times)...........PATIENCE IS THE NAME OF THIS GAME!!!! If you have it, then make sure to keep it; but if not, make sure to get some or you will stress yourself out. Remember, this process is just a "process". The happy ending is only a few months away!

Good Luck to everyone on their journey!!!! 

Thank you so much for that info. And yes patience is the key

Good Luck

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

Trust me, it might seem that way but it's only the middle of June. Keep in mind that there are thousands of petitioners who do not become VJ members or don't even know that this website exists.

I'm a May Filer and I thought the same way until about late May/early June, more and more members started coming in saying they filed in May.

You'll see more people join this forum towards the end of this month or early July as they start to get their NOA1's.

Makes sense! Just glad it's finally sent tbh. 

Good luck to you also 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, mego8787 said:

I am going to write a check for the $535. Who do I write it out to?

US Department of Homeland Security

MEETING

April 7th, 2017: Met Maricel in a Facebook group created by a friend of mine.

May 17th, 2017: Flying to Manila to see Maricel for the first time.

May 18th, 2017: Met Maricel at the airport in Manila.

May 24th, 2017: Proposed to Maricel and got engaged.

May 30th, 2017: Returned to the USA from the Philippines.

January 25th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines! Chicago-Taipei-Manila

February 6th, 2018: Return back to the US

April 9th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines, this time to spend time with Maricel's family and bring her back to the USA!

April 18th, 2018: Departing the Philippines for the USA! POE: Chicago, Illinois

June 16th, 2018: Wedding day!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

June 1st, 2017: Completed and mailed the I-129f package.

June 6th, 2017: Received NOA1. Petition routed to the California Service Center

September 14th, 2017: Maricel attended her morning CFO seminar in Manila.

December 31st, 2017: Received RFE from USCIS - Needed G325a from both of us.

January 5th, 2018: Mailed back RFE reply

January 8th, 2018: California Service Center received our RFE reply.

January 23rd, 2018: Received NOA2!

February 2nd, 2018: NVC received our petition, assigned MNL case number and forwarded our petition to the US Embassy in Manila.

February 3rd, 2018: Submitted the DS-160.

February 5th, 2018: Paid embassy fee at BPI

February 12th, 2018: Medical exam at St Luke's Extension Clinic in Ermita, Manila. -PASSED

February 26th, 2018: Embassy interview in Manila at 7:10am -PASSED

March 1st, 2018: Visa in hand!

March 5th: Going back to CFO to get her sticker. -PASSED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PROCESS

July 13th, 2018: Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 to USCIS Chicago lock box.

July 31st, 2018: AOS case accepted by USCIS, and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing.

August 14th, 2018: Received RFE for I-485, sent response.

August 24th, 2018: Biometrics appointment in St Louis, Missouri

August 30th, 2018: E-mail notice that her interview is ready to be scheduled!

March 11th, 2019: Interview day! - PASSED

March 14th, 2019: Green card has been mailed!

March 18th, 2019: Green card in hand! (Next step not until 1 year and 9 months from issue date. AKA Removal of Conditions)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS PROCESS

December 21,2020: Filed for Removal of Conditions I-751

January 30,2021: NOA - Nebraska Service Center - 18-month extension!

images.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.