stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Normally the government stoppage is not going to happen or only for a day. With pumpkinhead in office I feel a little less confident in this, from a 99% comfort level dropped to about 85%. 

Try not to get stressed over it as it is out of our control. 

What scares me is that it can be spun as saving the country millions of dollars by not having to pay the employees...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This just in..  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gop-tax-plan-heads-senate-195835093.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc_src=338950e1-cae3-359e-bfa3-af403b69d694&.tsrc=notification-brknews

Trump will want to forward his tax plan through the house and senate by Y/E.  He'll want keep momentum, not close down.  Just my .02

#neverquit

Edited by KurtHigh

3 minutes ago, KurtHigh said:

This just in..  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gop-tax-plan-heads-senate-195835093.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc_src=338950e1-cae3-359e-bfa3-af403b69d694&.tsrc=notification-brknews

Trump will want to forward his tax plan through the house and senate by Y/E.  He'll want keep momentum, not close down.  Just my .02

That is what scares me.  They will focus on the tax plan and ignore the budget.  House and Senate are essential so they get paid.  My dark side says that they focus on the tax plan and don't discuss the budget until the tax plan is in place.  Kind of a blackmail situation.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

@John & Rose our adjuncator better drink some coffee and step up his game. Its getting hot in Rio.. I need to get my Carioca into some cold PA weather    :-P       

also, thank you @vocaledge for providing the scan before my request so I can view it at work -- YOU DA BEST.

I changed my name guys , this is the former Deusebom  .. incase you couldn't tell with the above comments <3

Stay in touch harrisburg. We have much in common ☺

I hope your approval comes in soon my friend !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

What scares me is that it can be spun as saving the country millions of dollars by not having to pay the employees...

Right, whilst any logical person would realize there is also a cost associated with the furlough. Unfortunately, it appears we are devoid of logic and rational thought for the foreseeable future. 

Unrelated, our WAC are almost the same so I will certainly notice when yours is done with NOA2. (747 vs 547). As I just saw her for 2 weeks ended this past Sunday I am feeling more at ease with the date of her arrival taking longer. Certainly not preferred but I am coping much better. I did just go without seeing her (and our son) from May 28 until now, so the next bit should be a breeze! 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

1 minute ago, George & Roth said:

Right, whilst any logical person would realize there is also a cost associated with the furlough. Unfortunately, it appears we are devoid of logic and rational thought for the foreseeable future. 

Unrelated, our WAC are almost the same so I will certainly notice when yours is done with NOA2. (747 vs 547). As I just saw her for 2 weeks ended this past Sunday I am feeling more at ease with the date of her arrival taking longer. Certainly not preferred but I am coping much better. I did just go without seeing her (and our son) from May 28 until now, so the next bit should be a breeze! 

Yes. It will happen when it happens. I am going to Manila on the 9th so I hope that I have the NOA2 and no government shutdown by then!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Reading the story of Meghan Markle ( a US Citizen ) & her marriage to Prince Harry.  Meghan has decided to seek British Citizenship.  Hmmf.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5124891/Harry-Meghan-marry-Windsor-Castle-MAY.html

7 minutes ago, SwimminginSync said:

Mmm...not sure a shutdown would having any impact of USCIS.... they are a component of Homeland Security...a pseudo government agency with no federal funding.... read.... 

Unlike most other federal agencies, USCIS is funded almost entirely by user fees.[7] Under President George W. Bush's FY2008 budget request, direct congressional appropriations made about 1% of the USCIS budget and about 99% of the budget was funded through fees. The total USCIS FY2008 budget was projected to be $2.6 billion.[8]

That is very interesting. What about NVC?

IMG_5168.jpeg

From 2013 & 2014....

The U.S. Department of State continued toprocess visa and passport applications, using funds from fees, and consular services also continued. The department's Office of the Inspector General shut down. The State Department instituted a hiring freeze and delayed the start dates of applicants who received job offers.[64]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lotts said:

Doo bee doo bee dooooooo...

Me watching this thread all like

"PURRRLEEEEZZZZ STERP"

But, seriously... It's not making anything go faster. I like it when the group is all happy and helpful. 

4Yi8BLT.jpg

You have me dying over here with laugher with the little kitty--- because that's literally how I felt reading all of that earlier.

Adele-Cracking-Up.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, SwimminginSync said:

Mmm...not sure a shutdown would having any impact of USCIS.... they are a component of Homeland Security...a pseudo government agency with no federal funding.... read.... 

Unlike most other federal agencies, USCIS is funded almost entirely by user fees.[7] Under President George W. Bush's FY2008 budget request, direct congressional appropriations made about 1% of the USCIS budget and about 99% of the budget was funded through fees. The total USCIS FY2008 budget was projected to be $2.6 billion.[8]

Ahahah thank you... I was waiting for someone to write this actually.

my fiancé had 2 shutdowns in the past 6 years I believe, it affects the hr process not the process itself it may slow down the information to come to you again(but how well they are anyways)

Timeline

I'm sorry but I'm tired of all this. 

@vocaledge you weren't even here much I don't know why this was directed to you

@The Squirrel @DandY @John & Rose

You guys were joking about it!

all of you should go back and read your posts. Then remind yourself you are adults.

dandy is rude when he speaks and im sure he doesn't even read what's written in someone's post before answering... 

john  falls whichever side feels right

Squirrel is extreme positivity which can be really frustrating for negative people oh and there's sarcasm

take whatever you want! 

Everybody has a different attitude to cope!

i need info, I don't believe in what people just say so I ask toooooo many questions till I get what I need. 

But if I'm choosing something, I'd chose talking with respect and fun over anything, so my place stands in a way I just can cope with rudeness.

People should really look into themselves before saying they were insulted, or treated rude or disrespected.

and john what we talked has nothing to do with any of these, dandy was rude and you apologized because you felt like you fed it...

I'm sorry but he may be right (with an unknown algorithm) and I don't really care who's right which I'm yelling this for days (god he's going to reply without even reading this fully too 🤦🏻‍♀️) But he is rude.. that's all for me! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 hours ago, BK&MC said:

I watch that show too and I always wonder how legit is it. 

Some couples went through the K-1 process, got approved and then use the 90 days to decide if they wanna marry.

For me, no one in their right mind will be willing to go through this strenuous process if they are not 100% sure they wanna marry.

Then there are some who are students (like Chantel and Pedro) who supposedly did the K-1 without her family knowing about it or the guy at all. 

She wasn't working so how did she get Affidavit of Support. 

Just feel like anyone who went though this process and gotten approved, shouldn't have that much drama afterwards.

All of those couples were filmed at the very latest the beginning of this year, but most likely last year, and earlier. Back when the process only took about a month. That's not a huge deal.

Totally with you on the Chantel and Pedro front though. Unless she used her student loans as proof of income. I would say that shouldn't be accepted, but you can use those things as proof of income for a lot of stuff!

Timeline

Shutdown does not effect immigration cases:

case of 2013 for people to read:

https://www.shusterman.com/government-shut-down/

especially to those who already filed 

Edited by Naes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.