stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

That is all the more reason for us to join together to try for change in the USCIS.... there is no conceivable reason it should take 180 days + for a 10 minute review before our files get sent to the NVC!

I concur...I also understand John's points about the Administration's indifference about immigration.  But this is not as much about immigration and our frustrations than the fact we paid for services with a particular expectation and we know we are being duped by an organization that struggling to do its job.  If the USCIS were a private company, this would not be happening...

1 minute ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

That is all the more reason for us to join together to try for change in the USCIS.... there is no conceivable reason it should take 180 days + for a 10 minute review before our files get sent to the NVC!

I concur...I also understand John's points about the Administration's indifference about immigration.  But this is not as much about immigration and our frustrations than the fact we paid for services with a particular expectation and we know we are being duped by an organization that struggling to do its job.  If the USCIS were a private company, this would not be happening...

Just now, Chris J said:

I really hope you're right on the 4-5 month range, that would be awesome. It's sad to see people here waiting as long as they are, and with the holidays here now, it doesn't seem to be speeding up.. But, gotta stay positive..

Remember I am one of the guys that got in trouble for stating 170 to 180 back about a month ago. I was a bad negative person and I upset a lot of people. I manage expectations for a living so I try my very best to give the most honest and accurate estimation I can. I do believe that we will be between 4 and 5 months by the time the October filers are processed. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

That I agree with 100%!  This is ridiculous. But it is also within advertised processing timelines if they make a decision or send an RFE before day 183. 

Exactly it is. They're just giving as an average 150 days.

and I am still seeing room for progress and extremely am sad for May and June filers. Let's see how things will roll till the end of this quarter. And if not improves please joins us in signing one petition for the future filers.

Cause this kind of backlog happens in any company/agency but the important part is are they going to solve this problem. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Remember I am one of the guys that got in trouble for stating 170 to 180 back about a month ago. I was a bad negative person and I upset a lot of people. I manage expectations for a living so I try my very best to give the most honest and accurate estimation I can. I do believe that we will be between 4 and 5 months by the time the October filers are processed. 

There's one missing point. you don't upset people and it is not about being pessimistic or different ideas about the timelines. You were not a bad negative person, you were the pessimistic approach and the worst is happening that's it. To tell the truth one month ago how they were processing and when they started May was showing higher times if things went according to historical progress. It didn't they f-up even more. So the end of the possibilities of 170 days was the start. 

I dont even understand why anyone gets angry and defensive over something we are all just guessing with the tools we have. And the type of mind we have. These are all possibilities! Happening not happening it's not a pee race and everybody is aiming for the same wish: hope it gets faster! 

I asked a question of how if how did you do it? And I became an offender! (This is not to you John and I know you know it)

Edited by Naes

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Exactly it is. They're just giving as an average 150 days.

and I am still seeing room for progress and extremely am sad for May and June filers. Let's see how things will roll till the end of this quarter. And if not improves please joins us in signing one petition for the future filers.

Cause this kind of backlog happens in any company/agency but the important part is are they going to solve this problem. 

If we can be heard as a collective voice, there could be room for change. I will sign this petition no matter what, and no matter when... Our loved ones are far away... all we can do is hopefully wish that the USCIS will do the job that @millionaminute stated clearly that we paid for! 

11 minutes ago, millionaminute said:

I agree if they didn’t tell us that it is a 6 month process when we started. I’m a June filer and I’m not at 6 months yet. On December 6 I will call to see why it is taking so long. If I get approved on December 5, they did what they promised to do. 

The VJ Facebook page had a link to an article that stated they were going to change the estimated timeline to 10 months from 6 months.  I haven’t seen that happen yet but it was mentioned. I think it was a San Francisco newspaper article. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I agree if they didn’t tell us that it is a 6 month process when we started. I’m a June filer and I’m not at 6 months yet. On December 6 I will call to see why it is taking so long. If I get approved on December 5,they did what they promised to do. 

I can't wait to see your approval next week!!! Even though I would love to see your patience with strictness over the phone with uscis... calmest anger ever!! 😁

15 minutes ago, Naes said:

I can't wait to see your approval next week!!! Even though I would love to see your patience with strictness over the phone with uscis... calmest anger ever!! 😁

I have learned over the years to control my temper ( which used to be VERY bad). There are things that I will protect with my life. My martial arts training has helped me reach a point of calmness.  I live everyday under 5 tenets. Courtesy; Integrity; Perseverance; Self-Control; Indomitable Spirit.  Those 5 tenets have changed my life. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Petition would be a fair thing for many to come, but it would not in the least be of any immediate benefit. Years would take to change system, and it would not mean much by the time it is completed. 

We are 30,000 - 35,000 cases a year, which is aprox 0.0001% of the Unites States, and VJ members are 10% of that poor percentile :lol::lol:. So, drop in the ocean. And to add to this, as @John & Rose has already stated, only US citizen can Petition US government. Along the same lines is the reason why the beneficiary is not allowed to discuss the case. Until accepted and received, only considered foreign body.  

To make it simple, you are reading the "fine print", just like you do on various products. This fine print says 150 days, you don't like it? Ok now it says 180 days:huh:. Making a fuss, you really don't like it? 210 days now :unsure:. Please read the "fine print", it is on the website. Oooops, now it says 270 days :(. I am sure you have the idea, that "September 1st situation" was the perfect example. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

A petition I think could actually be a great idea, if they actually consider us as people and nit a WAC number, and they actually hear us out and hear how this process can take a toll on our lives.. but on the other hand in my opinion I think it can turn out really bad because I hear the government of United States always talk about how coming to us is not a right or a necessity it is a privilege so what if us doing a petition make things worse what if they put a stop to it all together because it's causing problems.... [dont mind me its just a thought]

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kween said:

A petition I think could actually be a great idea, if they actually consider us as people and nit a WAC number, and they actually hear us out and hear how this process can take a toll on our lives.. but on the other hand in my opinion I think it can turn out really bad because I hear the government of United States always talk about how coming to us is not a right or a necessity it is a privilege so what if us doing a petition make things worse what if they put a stop to it all together because it's causing problems.... [dont mind me its just a thought]

A foreigner is always a foreigner.  I agree with,@Kween, writing a petition may actually worsen the whole situation if not put an end to fiance Visa category.  At least we all know the situation  in the country as regards to immigration.  I believe we all can wait it out and finally be with our  loved ones by God's grace. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

While I understand that’s a petition or just raising our voices might not do anything I am not okay with it. 

We are not a number. We are not foreign bodies. We are human. We are alive. And we have a right to be with the ones we love. How come being born in a different place forbids you to be with the one you love? Are we not all the same?

Sorry. Just a rant. I’m hitting 170 tomorrow and I’m just beyond frustrated. I am a person, I have a soul. I miss my finace. I want to go home. I am not a criminal, not a piece of s***. I just want to have my basic human right. I want to be allowed to love. 

Seeing that the waiting times go up every day is ridiculous. Stop playing with peoples lives. We are not worth any less because we are born someplace else than America. We are people. We are all people. 

Sick of this ! 

29 minutes ago, Lana&Tyler said:

While I understand that’s a petition or just raising our voices might not do anything I am not okay with it. 

We are not a number. We are not foreign bodies. We are human. We are alive. And we have a right to be with the ones we love. How come being born in a different place forbids you to be with the one you love? Are we not all the same?

Sorry. Just a rant. I’m hitting 170 tomorrow and I’m just beyond frustrated. I am a person, I have a soul. I miss my finace. I want to go home. I am not a criminal, not a piece of s***. I just want to have my basic human right. I want to be allowed to love. 

Seeing that the waiting times go up every day is ridiculous. Stop playing with peoples lives. We are not worth any less because we are born someplace else than America. We are people. We are all people. 

Sick of this ! 

I feel you! Your rants are also my sentiments. We wanna be with the person we love - as simple as that. But these people are robots. No feelings, no concern whatsoever. I am sorry for being emotional again :( I am a patient person but this is too much. I hope you'll get your NOA2 soon, dear. Sending you my hugs 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
13 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

I feel you! Your rants are also my sentiments. We wanna be with the person we love - as simple as that. But these people are robots. No feelings, no concern whatsoever. I am sorry for being emotional again :( I am a patient person but this is too much. I hope you'll get your NOA2 soon, dear. Sending you my hugs 

Thanks hun. 

Its just getting to a point where I need so see something happen. It is too much.

I need June to move. We have waited! We have hoped. It is our turn. We were patient. We have prayed. 

I’m always happy and positive but I don’t understand “hatred” against immigrants. Immigrant does not equal terrorist or bad guy. We are all humans on this world. Nobody is worth more than anybody else. 

While i understand you need to make sure who you’re letting into your country and I’m all for background checks and all, I do not support letting people wait up to a year for something so simple as love. It mustn’t take this long. 

Build bridges not walls! 

Edited by Lana&Tyler

35 minutes ago, Lana&Tyler said:

Thanks hun. 

Its just getting to a point where I need so see something happen. It is too much.

I need June to move. We have waited! We have hoped. It is our turn. We were patient. We have prayed. 

I’m always happy and positive but I don’t understand “hatred” against immigrants. Immigrant does not equal terrorist or bad guy. We are all humans on this world. Nobody is worth more than anybody else. 

While i understand you need to make sure who you’re letting into your country and I’m all for background checks and all, I do not support letting people wait up to a year for something so simple as love. It mustn’t take this long. 

Build bridges not walls! 

Exactly my point, too! We don't have any problems with how they will adjudicate cases. I mean yeah, they can do background checks, all kinds of checks - be my guest! But I really don't understand why it will take almost a year for them to give the verdict. Why? Are there only 10 people working in their office? What went wrong? They weren't like this from the previous years. Is it because of the current administration? What changed? I have so many questions in my mind that I know it would never be answered - that's why I am really pissed, frustrated and aggravated. 8 days before I'll hit 100 days. I am wondering - if I am this pissed, how about those people who are hitting 160 to 180 or more? I feel you dear, we all can feel you :( 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.