stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

@Naes that is what I thought too...

We have May filers waiting way over the 180 days  time, we have new June filers waiting over the 180 days..

I posted this just a little while ago:

"That is the frustrating thing about our journey...

We have no collective way to indicate to the USCIS that this is just unacceptable... 

We as a group here on visa journey, and including all filers from every month here on visa journey, would have a very strong voice if there was only a way to band together to issue our protests..."

Ok, I was not going to share my idea, but since there is interest...we need to compile a letter, and this  will be the vehicle to get the ball going...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

We will petition the White House, we will create just one petition with our concerns and share the link with everyone and their grandmother to electronically sign the petition.  If it gets 100,000 signature the white house MUST respond to it.  And the beauty of having supporters sign is... anyone can sign their support even foreigners (our Fiances)!!!

Edited by millionaminute
typo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, millionaminute said:

Ok, I was not going to share my idea, but since there is interest...we need to compile a letter, this and will be the vehicle to get the ball going...

We will petition the White House, we will create just one petition with our concerns and share the link with everyone and their grandmother to electronically sign the petition.  If it gets 100,000 signature the white house MUST respond to it.  And the beauty of having supporters sign is... anyone can sing their support even foreigners (our Fiances)!!!

100.000 is a pretty high number though even a whole yearly k1 is 60000... and we are like a 500. we would need outsider support and that would like take a year probably and by then they would go back o their processing times under 150s

3 minutes ago, millionaminute said:

Ok, I was not going to share my idea, but since there is interest...we need to compile a letter, and this  will be the vehicle to get the ball going...

We will petition the White House, we will create just one petition with our concerns and share the link with everyone and their grandmother to electronically sign the petition.  If it gets 100,000 signature the white house MUST respond to it.  And the beauty of having supporters sign is... anyone can sign their support even foreigners (our Fiances)!!!

AMEN!!! @millionaminute We as a group can now have a voice! a STRONG voice that must be heard and reckoned with!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

AMEN!!! @millionaminute We as a group can now have a voice! a STRONG voice that must be heard and reckoned with!!!

Anyone can sign the petition, if we are 500 (1000 with Fiance?) and we all post and share the petition's link to Facebook, or any other immigration site, then people can sign,  my family and friends can sign, co workers can sign... 

Timeline

@millionaminute

do you guys I mean USC has the right to submit letters to congressmans?  can submit the same letter to everyone regionally would that also work as an action? 

Im sorry I am really not that knowledgeable about US rights yet. So I'm just putting my concerns. Definetely not trying to be a downer.

Edited by Naes

13 minutes ago, millionaminute said:

Ok, I was not going to share my idea, but since there is interest...we need to compile a letter, this and will be the vehicle to get the ball going...

The current administration is isolationist. They are anti-immigration so all we can really do is end up like the thousands of other groups that are protesting something. Yes, the White House has to respond but that response can simply be that the petition is exactly why we need less immigration in the US. I see it as possibly strengthening the resolve against immigration. We are frustrated because of the wait but I do not believe anyone in the current administration will be overly concerned if we cannot bring our foreign partners here. I have resolved to wait it out. Once I hit day 183 I will call and make an inquiry. I do not believe doing anything prior to that will make any positive difference. We knew that when they re-prioritized the family and work visas in April. 

Also,I do not believe non-US citizens have the right to petition the US Government. I doubt if US Citizens have many rights to petition foreign governments either. So we are back to the roughly 60,000 K1 petitioners per year and a vast majority of those get approvals before the advertised normal timelines are exceeded. It is a huge uphill battle and there aren’t enough petitioners to even make the matter anything but a page 3 news item. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Worth starting... I mean presidents wife was kind of a cr1 isn't it 😂😂😂😂

I'm totally down to sign the petition, but you're right. A 100k is alot in just 30 days, but it's worth a shot haha. 

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

The current administration is isolationist. They are anti-immigration so all we can really do is end up like the thousands of other groups that are protesting something. Yes, the White House has to respond but that response can simply be that the petition is exactly why we need less immigration in the US. I see it as possibly strengthening the resolve against immigration. We are frustrated because of the wait but I do not believe anyone in the current administration will be overly concerned if we cannot bring our foreign partners here. I have resolved to wait it out. Once I hit day 183 I will call and make an inquiry. I do not believe doing anything prior to that will make any positive difference. We knew that when they re-prioritized the family and work visas in April. 

That is a good point but.... The USA is struggling with it's alliance to the Philippines and also other countries all over the world. Very few of us here on Visa Journey are petitioning our significant others from "Branded" countries.

I feel that it would potentially benefit our plight to demand an answer.... I doubt it would recoil against us the USA benefits from the immigration from the countries we support and protect...

Timeline
Just now, Chris J said:

I'm totally down to sign the petition, but you're right. A 100k is alot in just 30 days, but it's worth a shot haha. 

I mean I am saying John is right and even if it's achieved this government may not do anything and it won't really affect you guys.. it could only affect future filers. 

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

I mean I am saying John is right and even if it's achieved this government may not do anything and it won't really affect you guys.. it could only affect future filers. 

That's true. I'm an October Filer, and everytime I look at my timeline it keeps getting pushed back, further and further.. 

Just now, Chris J said:

That's true. I'm an October Filer, and everytime I look at my timeline it keeps getting pushed back, further and further.. 

I believe most of the number crunchers here agree that May and June would be the hardest hit and after that the timelines should start correcting. By October you may be at a solid 4 to 5 months, which is a huge approvement from what we are seeing right now. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Chris J said:

That is all the more reason for us to join together to try for change in the USCIS.... there is no conceivable reason it should take 180 days + for a 10 minute review before our files get sent to the NVC!

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I believe most of the number crunchers here agree that May and June would be the hardest hit and after that the timelines should start correcting. By October you may be at a solid 4 to 5 months, which is a huge approvement from what we are seeing right now. 

I really hope you're right on the 4-5 month range, that would be awesome. It's sad to see people here waiting as long as they are, and with the holidays here now, it doesn't seem to be speeding up.. But, gotta stay positive..

1 minute ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

That is all the more reason for us to join together to try for change in the USCIS.... there is no conceivable reason it should take 180 days + for a 10 minute review before our files get sent to the NVC!

That I agree with 100%!  This is ridiculous. But it is also within advertised processing timelines if they make a decision or send an RFE before day 183. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.