stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

That is the frustrating thing about our journey...

We have no collective way to indicate to the USCIS that this is just unacceptable... 

We as a group here on visa journey, and including all filers from every month here on visa journey, would have a very strong voice if there was only a way to band together to issue our protests...

3 minutes ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

That is the frustrating thing about our journey...

We have no collective way to indicate to the USCIS that this is just unacceptable... 

We as a group here on visa journey, and including all filers from every month here on visa journey, would have a very strong voice if there was only a way to band together to issue our protests...

Immigration is not a priority right now. I don’t believe that there will be much sympathy for us right now. We just need to hold the course. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

This might be a shot in the dark but here goes...

Is there any way that we (the members of visa journey) can develop some type of "petition letter" or statement that we can endorse (sign) and then forward to the powers that be to try and force change within the USCIS?

The "powers that be" meaning our USA representatives, the representatives of other countries, or even the supervisors of the USCIS?

I mean here in the USA, our government is spending billions of dollars for national defense and other projects, when it seems painfully obvious that the USCIS is woefully understaffed and inexperienced...

Just a small allocation of funding directed to the USCIS could hire more processors to help to eliminate the intense backlog of qualified applications.

We could have all of us on visa journey who are in the "I-129F holding pattern" send in letters of protest or petitions, or ??? 

I have been thinking about this idea also.  There's strength in numbers.  Going to your local Senator or Congressperson doesn't seem to do anything.  I will see if I am approved by 180 and if not, I have an idea....but it will need to be a joint effort for people to come together....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, millionaminute said:

I have been thinking about this idea also.  There's strength in numbers.  Going to your local Senator or Congressperson doesn't seem to do anything.  I will see if I am approved by 180 and if not, I have an idea....but it will need to be a joint effort for people to come together....

My fiance (he is the petitioner) keeps saying for people here to get together and make a joint letter too, however John is also right this is not a priority.

But then again this is not a I'm calling my sister to US type of immigration, this is about a US citizen making family. So it should have some affect speeding the process of K1 and CR1

I'm with you @millionaminute ! It is a proven fact that there is strength in numbers! And you are 100% correct.... Trying to singlehandedly go to our local Senator or Congressman is a futile effort at best.

MY thought was a simple "Cut and Paste" type letter of protest that we could individually tailor to our specific case and then forward onto the correct representative.

At least something along those lines anyway :)

or even a group petition that all of us could sign online...

Edited by Mike and Wendelyn
add additional comments

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

My fiance (he is the petitioner) keeps saying for people here to get together and make a joint letter too, however John is also right this is not a priority.

But then again this is not a I'm calling my sister to US type of immigration, this is about a US citizen making family. So it should have some affect speeding the process of K1 and CR1

OK so if people have time to draft what they would this letter (or complaint?) to read, please start posting their thoughts.  I know where we could "post" the letter which could garner a tremendous amount of visibility...maybe go viral online

4 minutes ago, millionaminute said:

OK so if people have time to draft what they would this letter (or complaint?) to read, please start posting their thoughts.  I know where we could "post" the letter which could garner a tremendous amount of visibility...maybe go viral online

that is an excellent idea... I'm wondering if we started a new topic only addressing our thoughts and nothing else if that could help consolidate the "letter" and keep it on point...

Maybe titled: "Comments directed to USCIS"

??

Edited by Mike and Wendelyn
add information

3 minutes ago, millionaminute said:

One challenge is only people who have waited over 183 days have the right to complain since the 6 month “regular processing time” has been the advertised timeline for over a year now. If we complain prior to their advertised timeline we will be diluting our argument. They have an easy and logical response. “You are still within normal processing timelines”. We have seen that one hundreds of times!  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

One challenge is only people who have waited over 183 days have the right to complain since the 6 month “regular processing time” has been the advertised timeline for over a year now. If we complain prior to their advertised timeline we will be diluting our argument. They have an easy and logical response. “You are still within normal processing timelines”. We have seen that one hundreds of times!  

Yes that's why I figure it should wait until a few of us are over the 6 month period, but it seems we have a lot of friends in May that are already there

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Yes but it already have affected May and will affect June. The important thing is if people say I'm done with it I do t care what happens to others, or I don't want everyone to go through this.

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is true John, but I'm thinking is that what @millionaminute was getting at is that the potential sheer number of us as a collective group complaining just might garner the attention we all need to bring about change...

You should know that I'm a forever optimist! hahaha

@Naes that is what I thought too...

We have May filers waiting way over the 180 days  time, we have new June filers waiting over the 180 days..

I posted this just a little while ago:

"That is the frustrating thing about our journey...

We as a group here on visa journey, and including all filers from every month here on visa journey, would have a very strong voice if there was only a way to band together to issue our protests..."

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

@Naes that is what I thought too...

We have May filers waiting way over the 180 days  time, we have new June filers waiting over the 180 days..

I posted this just a little while ago:

"That is the frustrating thing about our journey...

We as a group here on visa journey, and including all filers from every month here on visa journey, would have a very strong voice if there was only a way to band together to issue our protests..."

Everybody says the immigration is not a right.

and for us beneficiaries I understand.

but the right to your file being processed still belongs to the petitioner as a UC citizen. This is where I'm losing it 🤷‍♀️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.