stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

It looks incredibly good for us next week. Yes, timelines do go over 180 but that is rare.

That it looks good for beginning of June next week is true. But I hate to be the debbie downer all the time, but facts is facts. :)

180 WAS rare--but not so much anymore. When you look at the curve of approvals for a given day, 65-75% cluster within a 10 day period with the peak near the middle of that. But 15+% of them take longer than that. At the rate is it going, earlier June is likely to average around 176-178, so if the approvals follow previous patterns, almost a third of us will be over 180 days with more than we would like over 190 like many of the May cases are at this time.

Our only hope is a whole bunch of approvals without updates which would lower that average and keep the vast majority of us under 180. But I don't think there are enough unrecorded approvals to really change the average that much.

Just one guys analysis of large amounts of data from 8+ months. YMMV :)

Stay strong. :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, June 5 NOA1 checking in... on Tuesday, I called USCIS customer service and was told the usual "Sorry, we are only processing May 1 right now..." that everyone here by now is used to. So I asked the rep, isn't that what your website says for September? She said well we're still working on May 1 then. I said, 6 weeks and still working on May 1? She said yes, we aren't working on any dates after May 1. I said thank you for the information.

Then I thought about this.

It's just not right.

So, I wrote my Congresscritter (US Representative): please find out why USCIS tells people they are working on May 1 cases for 6 weeks. Please find out why they think it's ok to spread disinformation. Please do something to improve USCIS customer service. And please check on the real status of my own file - but please do something overall about looking into improvements for USCIS customer service and what it might take to provide accurate, timely information to people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Just an update to confirm "who the heck knows what is going on with updates on the system"

my inquiry for outside normal processing times was originally submitted on the 9th.

today is updated to the 24th and said it was assigned to an officer.

5 minutes ago I got an email stating "the inquiry you submitted on the 9th (not the 24th as the system says) was completed

your case has been assigned to an officer and you will receive anotice of action within 45 days.

soooo, how many got the same response as me and where are you at now?

I’m june 12th and filed inquiry when they had the sept messup too. The response I received a couple weeks later was that they were processing May 1😐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Just an update to confirm "who the heck knows what is going on with updates on the system"

my inquiry for outside normal processing times was originally submitted on the 9th.

today is updated to the 24th and said it was assigned to an officer.

5 minutes ago I got an email stating "the inquiry you submitted on the 9th (not the 24th as the system says) was completed

your case has been assigned to an officer and you will receive anotice of action within 45 days.

soooo, how many got the same response as me and where are you at now?

So I did the inquiry when the website was Sept 1, 2017 this is what the website updated today saying. I didn’t get any other corespondence so I don’t know what the outcome was. But I suspect it’s what everyone else said theirs was. 

3748EA22-9B4D-469F-81ED-FE9B42871BF0.jpeg

4 hours ago, vocaledge said:

False Alarm.... As Naes predicted, they deem it appropriate apparently to write to us to tell us what others got updated on the app.

I'm REALLY angry about this.  They shouldn't do that and get peoples hopes up in this way.  

No need to write a letter and send it in the mail to say "Its within normal processing times" - thats absolutely terrible service...

Anyway - sorry for the false alarm everyone - back to the wait!

WOAHHHH!!!! :( i'm so sorry!

i woke up (it's 2:45am) and i jumped up to come see if the mail got there. 

i'm so sorry about this, that's crazy and ridiculous :(

don't give hopes up, we are all here and we will get through this together and support you and cheer you up when needed :)

ok - back to sleep! night

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

So today there's like one person who picked the wrong straw.. first thing in the morning mailed the ones to be mailed and then he is continuously pushing one button sending the random replies to people?

i feel for that one lonely dude....hope he gets extra money for this..

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Yes. They just look through it to find red flags. If they don’t see any it goes to the NVC. If they don’t see any it is up to the very well trained CO at the interview. Sad but true, the big wait is just to get them to open the box that our petition is in!  Search for the questions and answers with a former adjudicator thread here. 

Please, you aren’t a pain at all. The people asking the questions here only know the answers because we asked the questions before.  This is not something that anyone wants to become good at. We all had the questions you have. Unless you have gone through this a few times before we are all still learning. This is a process that we do not want to become a professional at!!!

You're a good man.  Your fiance is very fortunate to have such a patient man to weather this storm with her.  We all are...

This might be a shot in the dark but here goes...

Is there any way that we (the members of visa journey) can develop some type of "petition letter" or statement that we can endorse (sign) and then forward to the powers that be to try and force change within the USCIS?

The "powers that be" meaning our USA representatives, the representatives of other countries, or even the supervisors of the USCIS?

I mean here in the USA, our government is spending billions of dollars for national defense and other projects, when it seems painfully obvious that the USCIS is woefully understaffed and inexperienced...

Just a small allocation of funding directed to the USCIS could hire more processors to help to eliminate the intense backlog of qualified applications.

We could have all of us on visa journey who are in the "I-129F holding pattern" send in letters of protest or petitions, or ??? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

This might be a shot in the dark but here goes...

Is there any way that we (the members of visa journey) can develop some type of "petition letter" or statement that we can endorse (sign) and then forward to the powers that be to try and force change within the USCIS?

I was thinking the very same thing today. We need to have our voices, as a collective, heard. 180+ days becoming the norm is absolutely ridiculous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.