1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/23/2018 at 7:27 PM, raydamon said:

My i-485 status changed to " At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case". Omg this is devastating.

I received the notice of action today and our interview is scheduled for May 29th. Thanks,i will keep you posted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, peeroh said:

I received the notice of action today and our interview is scheduled for May 29th. Thanks,i will keep you posted.

Did you receive the notice online or in the mail?  I have the same notice on mine saying there is no information right now!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rhemalove said:

Did you receive the notice online or in the mail?  I have the same notice on mine saying there is no information right now!

I received both online and mail, but only the mail included the details of the interview. The online only stated my interview has been scheduled.

On 4/28/2018 at 7:57 PM, peeroh said:

Did you have the message that said "At this time USCIS can't provide you with any information.." before you got the interview scheduled? If so, how long did you see the message? I have been having it for 2 weeks now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Did you have the message that said "At this time USCIS can't provide you with any information.." before you got the interview scheduled? If so, how long did you see the message? I have been having it for 2 weeks now.

Most likely, you're checking your case status on the old USCIS site egov.uscis.gov. Try to sign up for their new site https://my.uscis.gov

22 minutes ago, JSWH said:

Most likely, you're checking your case status on the old USCIS site egov.uscis.gov. Try to sign up for their new site https://my.uscis.gov

My DHS account says "we are scheduling your interview". I just saw many people had interviews scheduled after getting the glitch, so I was curious.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Selma and Nermin said:

My DHS account says "we are scheduling your interview". I just saw many people had interviews scheduled after getting the glitch, so I was curious.

I have the same message - "can't provide, etc", on the old version of USCIS site. I wish it was a sign of upcoming interview, alas. But I think it's just a glitch and nothing else... :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I mentioned that on April 23rd that my status has become " At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case" on USCIS website. As of yesterday(17 days later), it changed to an interview has been scheduled. I am waiting for the letter now for the detailed information(day, location, etc.) Will keep you guys posted.

If your status has changed to " At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case" recently, keep checking, it may change soon!

On 5/11/2018 at 12:58 PM, raydamon said:

I mentioned that on April 23rd that my status has become " At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case" on USCIS website. As of yesterday(17 days later), it changed to an interview has been scheduled. I am waiting for the letter now for the detailed information(day, location, etc.) Will keep you guys posted.

If your status has changed to " At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case" recently, keep checking, it may change soon!

Thank you for the little glimpse of hope!

Hello guys, sorry for the delay...so here is my interview experience at West Palm Beach Field Office on 05/11/2018.
Our interview was supposed to be at 10:30 AM, we arrived at 9:50 AM, they called us in at around 11:45AM...when we got to the room, there were 2 chairs but she had 3 computer monitors on the desk and for that reason a choose to sit at the chair that would let her see me (she could not look at my husband at all...lol).
She told us to stand up and sworn us in (you know how it goes).
After that, she proceeded to ask us for the originals sent with our application (marriage certificate, previous marriage dissolution, birth certificate, etc.)
She looked at all of them and compared to the copies that we submitted with our application.
After that she looked at me and asked me if there was any proof of relationship that I wanted to add to the ones already submitted, I gave her some documents and asked her if she wanted to see some pictures...se said yes and made the first question:
"So how did you guys meet?" (That was pretty much the only actual "question" that she made)
I proceeded to tell her how we started talking over the internet in a poker room and that we finally got to meet in person about 16 months later (she asked if it was here) I told her it was in Mexico and that he went to Brazil about 2 1/2 months later.
As I'm talking I'm showing the pictures that are related to the part of our history and she was pretty much curious about everything but not really making questions to challenge us.
I would say, "after getting here in Florida, we got to make a bunch of friends and we do have a good support from them, you'll find in our package a letter of our good friends Nina and Henry and this is the pictures of him alking me down the isle, in this other picture over here is his wife and him making a funny with John and me, she is a very good friend and she is actually the one who braided my hair for the wedding and I got ready at their home".
I showed her a picture of my matron of honor holding the tail of my dress and explained how she gifted John and me with her 25 years wedding band anniversary to be my wedding band. (she is a widow now and the gift meant a lot to us and I'm proud to wear it every day...it's absolutely beautiful).
The conversation lasted for about 20 minutes and she didn't ask anything to my husband, only "why he decided to move to Florida after living his entire life in NY".
She then proceeded to ask the form questions and asked me for my work permit, I gave it to her and she said: "I'm afraid that I'll have to take it from you". I said "WHY???" and I was so nervous that I didn't realise what she wanted to say, she then said "because you'll no longer need this"....and I said "I need that because I work!" and she started laughing and said "yes, but permanent residents do not need work permits, YOU'RE APPROVED!" 
It was like a 100 pounds were lifted from my shoulders...I was so happy that I can even describe.
She explained to me that I'll have to apply for removal of condition in 2 years and that I might not even have to come back for an interview when I do, but due to the difference in age between us the officer responsible for the case might want to see us in person.
When I got home I realized that I never gave her our most recent taxes and was a little worried about this.
I have been looking at my status the entire weekend and no update so far...I think I'll only rest when my status changes online.
Anyways, let me know if you guys want to know anything else and I'll be around to until every single June filler get their Green Card.
Good luck to all of you and thank you for EVERYTHING!!!

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.