1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, GabiMatch said:

Hi dear, I'm curious about that situation and I din't want to believe that the company decided not to hire because of his status...since it's a technical job (I'm assuming because you said he can build computers) does he have any kind of physical proof of experience in the field or diploma? The thing is, I'm a History teacher with a licentiate and bachelor's degree, but I can't give classes here because my Diploma is yet to be "validated" here in America, what I'm trying to say is that some companies want a diploma or equivalent prior to hiring a person and he might not have it done already...could this be the reason?

I'm really sorry that he didn't get the job but I'm sure that he'll be a great asset to another company.

Good luck!!!

Hey! So this was an at home job and they would have had to send him equipment. We are thinking that after he sent a copy of proof of residency, that’s when they denied him. They even went over pay and asked what days he wanted off before he sent in the information. We assumed they think he may run off with the equipment because the paper says a 1 year parole. I was just trying to see if anyone else had any pushback. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jass said:

Hey! So this was an at home job and they would have had to send him equipment. We are thinking that after he sent a copy of proof of residency, that’s when they denied him. They even went over pay and asked what days he wanted off before he sent in the information. We assumed they think he may run off with the equipment because the paper says a 1 year parole. I was just trying to see if anyone else had any pushback. 

I am so sorry to hear this, my husband was just offered a position yesterday. There was no push back with his application and he was up front from the beginning that he needed his EAD approvable before he could accept the position. He was applying at a Germany based company though and are familiar with immigration and how it works.

Maybe you can ask them for feedback on the interview process to see where they feel he was not the right fit. Maybe they will surprise you and it will hopefully not be for the reasons you are thinking (fingers crossed).

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jass said:

So my hubby had a job interview for an at home tech support position. Interview went great and they asked him to submit ID and Proof of address. He sent a copy of his EAD and letter from USCIS. Today, he just received a job denial saying based off the provided information, they can’t continue the interview process. To me, this sounds like based on his immigration documents. I’m so furious and can’t prove it’s because of his status. This guy can build computers with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back. Anyone experience pushback with EAD

Hey,

Just be weary when sending documents. He should always use his passport or when he gets his state ID / state Driver license to use that. The EAD document should only be shown if they extend an official offer. 

Just to protect your identity, etc. Sorry, not trying to be preachy or anything. I just would hate to see your husbands identity at the worst case scenario stolen. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, jinandphil said:

hi, 

I have similar timeline as yours and still no EAD.

6/16/17 - i765 filed along with i485 and i131

7/24/17 - biometrics done

9/19/17 - first online SR raised - never heard from them

10/1/17 - second online SR raised - generic reply came back few days later saying that they are reviewing mine so i will hear from them shortly

and today 10/18/17 - called them for the first time, talked to a real person.

she said its beyond regular processing time 90days, she would request the expedite for me.

thought i need job offer letter at least to be able to do it, but she did it without it.

she said i'd hear from them by 23rd, if not call again.

gotta see what they say this time, or really expedite will happen soon.

try call them on the phone and talk someone.

We called today and spoke to a Tier 2 agent.  She told us that they are working on cases from May 10th and that we need to wait at least another 30 days before our EAD is processed.  We told her that we are aware of many cases from June and July that have already been processed; she said that she could not compare our case to other cases, and that only May cases are being processed at this time (we know that's not true).  She refused to expedite or even look into the delay for us.  Meanwhile, my husband has a job contract on freeze and we don't know how much longer the company will hold the job for him.  We communicated this to the Tier 2 agent, who reiterated that we will have to wait at least another month.  That will be FIVE months from the time we submitted.  

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
48 minutes ago, MapleLeaf29 said:

We called today and spoke to a Tier 2 agent.  She told us that they are working on cases from May 10th and that we need to wait at least another 30 days before our EAD is processed.  We told her that we are aware of many cases from June and July that have already been processed; she said that she could not compare our case to other cases, and that only May cases are being processed at this time (we know that's not true).  She refused to expedite or even look into the delay for us.  Meanwhile, my husband has a job contract on freeze and we don't know how much longer the company will hold the job for him.  We communicated this to the Tier 2 agent, who reiterated that we will have to wait at least another month.  That will be FIVE months from the time we submitted.  

You should contact your local senator and have them file an expedite for you. I reached out to our senator and was getting ready to give them the necessary paperwork when ours was approved on its own. But it can't hurt to have multiple ppl looking into the case

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Little update and experience with USCIS tier 2... The outcome is kind of disappointing, to be honest... As from what you can see on my timeline, my PD for EAD is June 29 (received June 27), which means I'm long past the 90 day mark. I raised an SR a couple of days past that 90 day mark, but that was never even assigned to an officer. Earlier this week, I called them and asked what the problem was, and the operator (Tier 1) raised another SR, which was then assigned and completed the following day (10/18). I can see all of that on USCIS's case status feature online (not the app of course), but that's all the info I had. Therefore, I called again to inquire about what they mean by "SR completed". Tier 1 informed me that I would be informed of what that meant in writing, but it might take up to 30 days. Naturally, I didn't want to accept this as a reply and asked to speak to Tier 2 (it should be noted that the Tier 1 officer was very friendly and promptly escalated my call). I then ended up on an automatic feature whose only option was a call back feature. To my surprise, it actually worked and I did get a call back around 40 minutes later. The Tier 2 officer was quite abrupt, and all she told me was that my case was, after all, not outside normal processing times, and that I had a good 30-45 days more to go as EAD processing took around 5 months right about now. When I mentioned that their own website said that a decision would be made within 90 days, she interrupted me by saying, "well, that's no longer the case. You just have to wait, that's all". I'm sure you can imagine the corresponding tone of voice... Because I was getting pissed off myself, I then said that I would like to make a suggestion, namely to take down the 90 day info from their website - which is when she just hung up on me! Wow! Oh well... I guess seeing that people are getting their EADs right and left, I can only hope for it to come through sometime in the next week or two... But THAT definitely was a bummer... 

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I wish USCIS was opened on Saturdays.... I'm getting so nervous i booked a cruise to bahamas for my husband birthday and its a surprise and as of yet he still have not received his EAD/AP card. I pray it comes before time. 

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, jinandphil said:

hi, 

I have similar timeline as yours and still no EAD.

6/16/17 - i765 filed along with i485 and i131

7/24/17 - biometrics done

9/19/17 - first online SR raised - never heard from them

10/1/17 - second online SR raised - generic reply came back few days later saying that they are reviewing mine so i will hear from them shortly

and today 10/18/17 - called them for the first time, talked to a real person.

she said its beyond regular processing time 90days, she would request the expedite for me.

thought i need job offer letter at least to be able to do it, but she did it without it.

she said i'd hear from them by 23rd, if not call again.

gotta see what they say this time, or really expedite will happen soon.

try call them on the phone and talk someone.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, MapleLeaf29 said:

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 12:51 PM, CMJuilland said:

Little update and experience with USCIS tier 2... The outcome is kind of disappointing, to be honest... As from what you can see on my timeline, my PD for EAD is June 29 (received June 27), which means I'm long past the 90 day mark. I raised an SR a couple of days past that 90 day mark, but that was never even assigned to an officer. Earlier this week, I called them and asked what the problem was, and the operator (Tier 1) raised another SR, which was then assigned and completed the following day (10/18). I can see all of that on USCIS's case status feature online (not the app of course), but that's all the info I had. Therefore, I called again to inquire about what they mean by "SR completed". Tier 1 informed me that I would be informed of what that meant in writing, but it might take up to 30 days. Naturally, I didn't want to accept this as a reply and asked to speak to Tier 2 (it should be noted that the Tier 1 officer was very friendly and promptly escalated my call). I then ended up on an automatic feature whose only option was a call back feature. To my surprise, it actually worked and I did get a call back around 40 minutes later. The Tier 2 officer was quite abrupt, and all she told me was that my case was, after all, not outside normal processing times, and that I had a good 30-45 days more to go as EAD processing took around 5 months right about now. When I mentioned that their own website said that a decision would be made within 90 days, she interrupted me by saying, "well, that's no longer the case. You just have to wait, that's all". I'm sure you can imagine the corresponding tone of voice... Because I was getting pissed off myself, I then said that I would like to make a suggestion, namely to take down the 90 day info from their website - which is when she just hung up on me! Wow! Oh well... I guess seeing that people are getting their EADs right and left, I can only hope for it to come through sometime in the next week or two... But THAT definitely was a bummer... 

6 hours ago, AfricanOhemaa said:

I wish USCIS was opened on Saturdays.... I'm getting so nervous i booked a cruise to bahamas for my husband birthday and its a surprise and as of yet he still have not received his EAD/AP card. I pray it comes before time. 

I totally understand how frustrated you guys are. Just keep calm, strong and be more patient. I thought I could do something to make it faster but actually it was not. I don't think that raising SR or calling Tier 2 really works such as my case. If you were lucky you should have received it within 90 days. It seems to take longer time than normal to process EAD this year, especially NBC and CSC

06/20 is my PD

07/19 Bio

09/15 made 1st SR online -> not assigned until now

09/18 called for 2nd SR -> being deleted when raising the 3rd SR

10/06 called for 3rd SR -> assigned and completed the same day -> case under review

10/13 called for Tier 2 -> Received a call back from a not-nice-officer after 45 mins -> he could do nothing because he was not the person making decision.

10/19 - the 121th day - received I-765 status updated "New Card Is Being Produced" when I was at DMV to apply DL with my I-485.

I hope I could receive the card in hand soon as there were some applicant getting the card over 30 days.

So you may expect to receive status change after 120 days. Good luck to you guys!

By the way, my I-485 has not changed the status yet.  How long did it take your I-485 to change status after EAD approval? Has anyone of you been out of USA and experienced with Advance Parole? . I am gonna go back my country to visit my family next January. However I am still hesitating with what I found on USCIS website. Any advice?

Does advance parole guarantee admission into the United States?

Advance Parole does not guarantee entry into the United States. Foreign nationals are subject to inspection at ports of entry by Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Edited by FiKen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 hour ago, hjriach said:

Hi all,

I received my green card today! Such a relief. Thanks to everyone for all the support. Great to be finished with USCIS for now.

See you all for ROC in 2019!

Congrats!

On 10/21/2017 at 10:04 PM, hjriach said:

Hi all,

I received my green card today! Such a relief. Thanks to everyone for all the support. Great to be finished with USCIS for now.

See you all for ROC in 2019!

Congratulations girl...see you in 2019 for ROC for sure, but you can still hang around until then ;)

Best of luck!

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

Hi guys, I'm a little bummed because of my social security number, I have tried to apply for a credit card and also tried to sign up for credit report using my social security number and apparently there is a problem with it because nobody can "verify" my identity through my SSN, I'm actually worried as I'm going to go to a job interview and if those companies can't verify my identity they won't hire me...has anyone have any kind of problem with SSN?

Hey @Jass as soon as I started having this problem I though about you, could that be the problem with your fiancé and the job offer? I mean I tried everything  and even the e-verify website (that's a partnership between USCIS and SSA) can't verify my identity...did you try to sign him up there?

I'm going to SSA right now and will let you guys know what happened.

Good day everyone!

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
3 hours ago, GabiMatch said:

Hi guys, I'm a little bummed because of my social security number, I have tried to apply for a credit card and also tried to sign up for credit report using my social security number and apparently there is a problem with it because nobody can "verify" my identity through my SSN, I'm actually worried as I'm going to go to a job interview and if those companies can't verify my identity they won't hire me...has anyone have any kind of problem with SSN?

Hey @Jass as soon as I started having this problem I though about you, could that be the problem with your fiancé and the job offer? I mean I tried everything  and even the e-verify website (that's a partnership between USCIS and SSA) can't verify my identity...did you try to sign him up there?

Good day everyone!

I believe since you don’t have a credit yet there is nothing to report. Apply for a secured credit card in order to start building your credit, not unsecured because you will be denied. I applied last Saturday and it’s been approved already. I was told I will receive it within 2 weeks. 

After your interview and you are offered the job, you will need to give them your EAD and driver license in order to verify your authorization to work in USA. you will be asked to fill form I-9, that is when offered the job. 

Dont sign up for anything. I also did the credit report thing while applying for the second job after which I received phone calls saying I should press some keys to talk about my credit. I declined the calls knowing fully well I do not have a credit. 

Good luck on your job interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, GabiMatch said:

Good day everyone!

Hey Gabi! We discovered too that my husband’spresence was unknown as well. We actually found out that the agency he went trough for the job doesn’t hire those who aren’t yet permanent residence in fear they will need sponsorship. I didn’t find this out directly though the agency but someone else advised this of this. 

5 hours ago, Athens said:

I believe since you don’t have a credit yet there is nothing to report. Apply for a secured credit card in order to start building your credit, not unsecured because you will be denied. I applied last Saturday and it’s been approved already. I was told I will receive it within 2 weeks. 

After your interview and you are offered the job, you will need to give them your EAD and driver license in order to verify your authorization to work in USA. you will be asked to fill form I-9, that is when offered the job. 

Dont sign up for anything. I also did the credit report thing while applying for the second job after which I received phone calls saying I should press some keys to talk about my credit. I declined the calls knowing fully well I do not have a credit. 

Good luck on your job interview. 

Hi, yes I understand your point of view, but that’s not the case at all, I have a checking account and credit card since 2014 with Bank of America (I added my husband to the account after we got married) with many rises of my cc limit since then and I actually have access to my Fico score through Bank of America...What I was told at SSA is that sometimes it takes about 30 days to the SSN to get updated in to those systems because my credit report and all of it was under my maiden name and because it didn’t have a SSN attached to it before.

She said that I should be good to go in about a week or so because that’s when 30 days will be up.

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.