1,454 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This morning my I-485 status updated to green card was mailed to me :dance: It was mailed yesterday.

My EAD and AP cases changed to 'Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means'. 

Capture.JPG

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
32 minutes ago, hjriach said:

Hi all,

This morning my I-485 status updated to green card was mailed to me :dance: It was mailed yesterday.

Capture.JPG

Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, hjriach said:

Hi all,

Capture.JPG

Congrats!

7 minutes ago, Tabbbbby said:

I believe FP is needed for I485 and not I765.

Actually the biometrics are need for both applications, my biometrics appointment letter stated clearly both of the receipts #s and name of forms that needed biometrics...that’s pretty weird, but you know what? No matter how it goes you got this so...Congratulations!!! 👍😀

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

1 hour ago, hjriach said:

Hi all,

Capture.JPG

Congratulations girl!!! Good thing that you went to the office...enjoy the normal life now!! 🥂🍾 🎉 

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

8 minutes ago, GabiMatch said:

Actually the biometrics are need for both applications, my biometrics appointment letter stated clearly both of the receipts #s and name of forms that needed biometrics...that’s pretty weird, but you know what? No matter how it goes you got this so...Congratulations!!! 👍😀

Totally agree and thank you so much!!. I was stressing about this as well but my husband told me to calm down lol. Hopefully I will receive the card in mail soon. 

The officer I spoke to on the phone last month told me that I should be looking to get interviewed around this time next year as they are extremely backlogged in Atlanta. They are currently interviewing people that filed in September of last year so maybe I'll get FP notice next year :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
18 hours ago, MapleLeaf29 said:

Is anyone else still waiting on their EAD?  We applied on June 16th and have not heard anything since biometrics.  We submitted an SR and were initially told they would get back to us within five business days.  When we called back, they said, "It's now taking 30 days to process SR's.  Call us back in a month."  We contacted our congressman but he said that EAD's are currently taking 6 months to process and we should call him back after 180 days.  Meanwhile, we see a lot of people who submitted after us on VJ getting their EAD's.  Any other June filers still waiting?

hi, 

I have similar timeline as yours and still no EAD.

6/16/17 - i765 filed along with i485 and i131

7/24/17 - biometrics done

9/19/17 - first online SR raised - never heard from them

10/1/17 - second online SR raised - generic reply came back few days later saying that they are reviewing mine so i will hear from them shortly

and today 10/18/17 - called them for the first time, talked to a real person.

she said its beyond regular processing time 90days, she would request the expedite for me.

thought i need job offer letter at least to be able to do it, but she did it without it.

she said i'd hear from them by 23rd, if not call again.

gotta see what they say this time, or really expedite will happen soon.

try call them on the phone and talk someone.

Edited by jinandphil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So my hubby had a job interview for an at home tech support position. Interview went great and they asked him to submit ID and Proof of address. He sent a copy of his EAD and letter from USCIS. Today, he just received a job denial saying based off the provided information, they can’t continue the interview process. To me, this sounds like based on his immigration documents. I’m so furious and can’t prove it’s because of his status. This guy can build computers with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back. Anyone experience pushback with EAD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, jinandphil said:

hi, 

I have similar timeline as yours and still no EAD.

6/16/17 - i765 filed along with i485 and i131

7/24/17 - biometrics done

9/19/17 - first online SR raised - never heard from them

10/1/17 - second online SR raised - generic reply came back few days later saying that they are reviewing mine so i will hear from them shortly

and today 10/18/17 - called them for the first time, talked to a real person.

she said its beyond regular processing time 90days, she would request the expedite for me.

thought i need job offer letter at least to be able to do it, but she did it without it.

she said i'd hear from them by 23rd, if not call again.

gotta see what they say this time, or really expedite will happen soon.

try call them on the phone and talk someone.

Call them again but this time ask to be transferred to Tier 2. They can give you more detailed information regarding your case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jass said:

So my hubby had a job interview for an at home tech support position. Interview went great and they asked him to submit ID and Proof of address. He sent a copy of his EAD and letter from USCIS. Today, he just received a job denial saying based off the provided information, they can’t continue the interview process. To me, this sounds like based on his immigration documents. I’m so furious and can’t prove it’s because of his status. This guy can build computers with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back. Anyone experience pushback with EAD

Sorry about that. He shouldn’t loose hope. He can call to find out why he was refused the job. He should be able to work with his EAD, except if the denial was based on the fact they didn’t believe he can do the job very well. The next time he secure a job, he shouldn’t send the approval letter. The EAD is enough with SSN if requested. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Athens said:

Sorry about that. He shouldn’t loose hope. He can call to find out why he was refused the job. He should be able to work with his EAD, except if the denial was based on the fact they didn’t believe he can do the job very well. The next time he secure a job, he shouldn’t send the approval letter. The EAD is enough with SSN if requested. 

Thanks. It’s just weird. He had to send proof of address and because it was a government letter, that’s why he used it. I honestly don’t think it was because of his skill because has the skills and the interview went well. I just hope it’s no discrimination going on regarding immigration status 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jass said:

Thanks. It’s just weird. He had to send proof of address and because it was a government letter, that’s why he used it. I honestly don’t think it was because of his skill because has the skills and the interview went well. I just hope it’s no discrimination going on regarding immigration status 

What about his driver license? He can always use utility bill or lease if you have one with his name, as proof of address. Well, most times they pretend everything is ok during interview and  later make a negative decision. I believe jobs are coming out every day, he will soon get another one. He can try to get some other good paying job order than the particular one is he pursuing for now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
3 hours ago, ty15 said:

Call them again but this time ask to be transferred to Tier 2. They can give you more detailed information regarding your case.

thanks for the tip! ill try !

5 hours ago, Jass said:

Hi dear, I'm curious about that situation and I din't want to believe that the company decided not to hire because of his status...since it's a technical job (I'm assuming because you said he can build computers) does he have any kind of physical proof of experience in the field or diploma? The thing is, I'm a History teacher with a licentiate and bachelor's degree, but I can't give classes here because my Diploma is yet to be "validated" here in America, what I'm trying to say is that some companies want a diploma or equivalent prior to hiring a person and he might not have it done already...could this be the reason?

I'm really sorry that he didn't get the job but I'm sure that he'll be a great asset to another company.

Good luck!!!

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.