1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, hjriach said:

Hi all

I got my I-797 notice of I-485 approval in the mail today!

I managed to avoid a new medical as per the RFE, the issue was resolved at an infopass appointment!

I am so relieved :) Now I just have to wait for the card :P

COngrats :) 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jass said:

Yes he has one. So because he has never held a license before, he would need to start of with a learners permit? 

All you need is his SS card, EAD or I-797 of I-485 and address proof and he will get a driving license valid for one year or the expiry date of his EAD. He needs a Temp driving license before getting a full license, it's different if he has a international driving permit but since he's got none he will have to take for a Temps(valid for 6 months) and within that period he should go for practical driving exam. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, GabiMatch said:

Did he have a drivers license in his home country? I'm asking because HERE IN FLORIDA I got a drivers license without "learner's permit" I only had to do the written test, them the practical test and then I got it right after the practice test...what I mean is, if he know how to drive he should be able to get a license right after passing the written and practical test.

She said he never had a license before so I’m sure he needs to get the learners permit first.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, GabiMatch said:

Did he have a drivers license in his home country? I'm asking because HERE IN FLORIDA I got a drivers license without "learner's permit" I only had to do the written test, them the practical test and then I got it right after the practice test...what I mean is, if he know how to drive he should be able to get a license right after passing the written and practical test.

He has never had a license, lol he will have to start from square one 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know if my husband can add me on his health insurance from his work without my ssn. I don’t have a ssn yet and my aos is pending .  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Asha6222 said:

Does anyone know if my husband can add me on his health insurance from his work without my ssn. I don’t have a ssn yet and my aos is pending .  

It depends on the health insurance company, i learnt that if you do not have ssn, majority of them won't accept to add you. Your husband will have to ask his job. Infact, though i used the word majority, i haven't heard about any one who added his spouse recently without ssn, following the recent changes. 

5 minutes ago, ty15 said:

I just received my approval letters for I-765 and I-131 plus my EAD/AP combo card! 😊

Congrats!

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is anyone else still waiting on their EAD?  We applied on June 16th and have not heard anything since biometrics.  We submitted an SR and were initially told they would get back to us within five business days.  When we called back, they said, "It's now taking 30 days to process SR's.  Call us back in a month."  We contacted our congressman but he said that EAD's are currently taking 6 months to process and we should call him back after 180 days.  Meanwhile, we see a lot of people who submitted after us on VJ getting their EAD's.  Any other June filers still waiting?

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Athens said:

It depends on the health insurance company, i learnt that if you do not have ssn, majority of them won't accept to add you. Your husband will have to ask his job. Infact, though i used the word majority, i haven't heard about any one who added his spouse recently without ssn, following the recent changes. 

Well, my husband added me to his insurance but it’s Tricare (military) so I don’t know if being in the military makes a difference. I’m just now getting my own Social.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Asha6222 said:

There’s a way to get a Social Security Number with a pending I-485. Did you recieve your EAD? You can apply with your EAD. If you don’t have a EAD you can still try to get a Social. A lot of non-citizens are able to get one just to open a bank account. You should definitely call and ask. Other than that my husband was able to add me to his insurance but he’s military and we’re covered by Tricare. I’m not familiar with any other insurance company that covers one without a Social.

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm#work

Edited by ty15

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MapleLeaf29 said:

Is anyone else still waiting on their EAD?  We applied on June 16th and have not heard anything since biometrics.  We submitted an SR and were initially told they would get back to us within five business days.  When we called back, they said, "It's now taking 30 days to process SR's.  Call us back in a month."  We contacted our congressman but he said that EAD's are currently taking 6 months to process and we should call him back after 180 days.  Meanwhile, we see a lot of people who submitted after us on VJ getting their EAD's.  Any other June filers still waiting?

Call the USCIS number and ask to be transferred to Tier 2 (Immigration Officer). They have the current status of your application available. I raised SR’s and never got an answer as well but when I called USCIS last week and asked for Tier 2 the Immigration Officer told me that my application was approved the 6th of October and I just now got my EAD Card.

21 June 2017 - Filed I485, I130 and I765.

27 June 2017 -  Fee accepted for I-485 and also received 3 NOAs a week later.

18 July 2017 - Request for initial evidence for Form I-485.

7 August 2017 - Response received by USCIS for I485 and that NBCis working on my case.

18 August 2017 -Status changed to"Notice was returned to USCIS because the Post Office Could not Deliver It" for I485.

Also opened my first service request to resend this document with no response.

16 September 2017 - Opened second service request to resent the i485 notice but got a response saying that I am still within the timeframe and that they will make a decision within 60 to 90 days or longer depending on the service centre and still have not received the notice.

16 October 2017 - Received a letter for I765 that my EAD has been approved and I will receive my card in a separate mail.

17 October 2017 - I765 online status changed to Case was approved.

No biometrics letter till this day. Hopefully will get it soon.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Tabbbbby said:

21 June 2017 - Filed I485, I130 and I765.

27 June 2017 -  Fee accepted for I-485 and also received 3 NOAs a week later.

18 July 2017 - Request for initial evidence for Form I-485.

7 August 2017 - Response received by USCIS for I485 and that NBCis working on my case.

18 August 2017 -Status changed to"Notice was returned to USCIS because the Post Office Could not Deliver It" for I485.

Also opened my first service request to resend this document with no response.

16 September 2017 - Opened second service request to resent the i485 notice but got a response saying that I am still within the timeframe and that they will make a decision within 60 to 90 days or longer depending on the service centre and still have not received the notice.

16 October 2017 - Received a letter for I765 that my EAD has been approved and I will receive my card in a separate mail.

17 October 2017 - I765 online status changed to Case was approved.

No biometrics letter till this day. Hopefully will get it soon.

How was your I-765 approved without a biometrics appointment? That’s kinda weird.

Just a quick update, we finally got approval for EAD/AP ! Thank the lord! That was such a stress. Now we wait for an interview date, which here in Miami is like next year!

Package sent- May 30th

Package received Chicago Lockbox- June 2nd

Text/Email Confirmation received- June 20th

Checks cashed- June 20th

NOA letter received- June 23

Biometrics appointment letter- June 30th

RFE (forgot to include the I-I30A) received- July 10th

Biometrics appointment- July 10th

RFE received- July 12th

Tier 2 Call- Sept 27th

EAD/Parole Approved- October 16

EAD/Card Mailed- October 17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.