hellostranger57

Tax Transcript Delay - Send N-400 Package Without It?

5 posts in this topic

I have been requesting our tax transcripts from the IRS since beginning of May via mail to no avail. I literally request for our tax transcripts at least once a week and we haven't received anything. We can't request for our transcripts online because we don't have phone accounts that have our names associated with. Regardless, I still tried to create an online account but it said that they will send us a pin in our address. Here's the problem...The person who prepared our tax return missed to include our apartment number in the address. However, i have received our State refund check successfully since our neighbor who got it in her mailbox handed it to us. Is the incomplete address most likely the issue why we have not received our transcripts yet?? Or is there a delay in requesting transcripts that we're not aware of?? 

I tried calling IRS to update our address but they can't take our calls in regards to requesting tax transcripts and/or updating addresses. If we change our address via mail, it says it will take 4-6 weeks. I am due to submit my N-400 package on June 12th. 4-6 weeks is a long time. Should I submit my package anyway without our tax transcript and just include our 1040 forms for now? And then just bring the tax transcripts during the interview? That will buy me more time to fix our address issue and request for tax transcripts. 

Thoughts anyone? Thank you!! 

----

6/12/2016 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions

----

ROC

Spoiler

6/20/2016 (Day 0) - ROC Package (i-761) sent via USPS Priority Mail

6/21/2016 (Day 1) - ROC Package delivered at CSC Laguna Niguel & signed for by J Siplivy

6/28/2016 (Day 8) - Check cashed and NOA dated 6/21/2016 received in the mail

7/18/2016 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment done at Santa Ana ASC

2/28/2017 (Day 254) - Spouse received call from immigration officer verifying if we still lived together at our current address. He ended the conversation by saying we our approved and no need for interview

3/3/2017 (Day 257) - Received approval letter in the mail! 

3/13/2017 (Day 267) - Online status updated - new card being produced

3/16/2017 (Day 270) - Online status updated - new card was mailed to me

3/20/2017 (Day 274) - 10 year green card on hand!! 

----

6/12/2017 - Eligible for Citizenship

----

N-400

6/13/2017 - N-400 package sent via USPS Priority Mail Express

6/16/2017 - N-400 fee cashed

6/19/2017 - NOA date - Priority date 6/15/17

6/30/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail for 7/12/17

7/5/2017 - Walked in Tustin ASC for biometrics 

8/10/2017 - Case is in line for interview

1/22/2018 - N-400 interview date scheduled 

1/26/2018 - Received N-400 interview letter in the mail! Interview scheduled on Feb. 28 

2/28/2018 - Naturalization interview - recommended for approval! :)

3/20/2018 - Oath taking ceremony :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Online account pin takes a while but eventually would come. Ours took 3-4 weeks.

Have you tried getting the transcripts at your local IRS office? You can make appointments too. Here's the list for CA offices, there is one in Santa Ana. https://www.irs.gov/uac/contact-my-local-office-in-california

Edited by charmander

47 minutes ago, charmander said:

Online account pin takes a while but eventually would come. Ours took 3-4 weeks.

Have you tried getting the transcripts at your local IRS office? You can make appointments too. Here's the list for CA offices, there is one in Santa Ana. https://www.irs.gov/uac/contact-my-local-office-in-california

Thank you! I found their appointment hotline and they were able to fax me my tax transcript instead. But since my husband and I filed married filing separately, my husband needs to request it from them directly. The quickest way to get the transcript is them faxing it over however my husband does not have access to a fax machine (I'm at work so they faxed it to me here). They will only fax it to him if he is personally in front of the fax machine to receive the transcript. The next best thing is that they will mail it to our address and again will take 5-10 business days. 

If it takes longer, should I go ahead and send my package with my tax transcript and all of our supporting documents and include an explanation that I will bring my husband's tax transcript to the interview? please help.

thanks!

----

6/12/2016 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions

----

ROC

Spoiler

6/20/2016 (Day 0) - ROC Package (i-761) sent via USPS Priority Mail

6/21/2016 (Day 1) - ROC Package delivered at CSC Laguna Niguel & signed for by J Siplivy

6/28/2016 (Day 8) - Check cashed and NOA dated 6/21/2016 received in the mail

7/18/2016 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment done at Santa Ana ASC

2/28/2017 (Day 254) - Spouse received call from immigration officer verifying if we still lived together at our current address. He ended the conversation by saying we our approved and no need for interview

3/3/2017 (Day 257) - Received approval letter in the mail! 

3/13/2017 (Day 267) - Online status updated - new card being produced

3/16/2017 (Day 270) - Online status updated - new card was mailed to me

3/20/2017 (Day 274) - 10 year green card on hand!! 

----

6/12/2017 - Eligible for Citizenship

----

N-400

6/13/2017 - N-400 package sent via USPS Priority Mail Express

6/16/2017 - N-400 fee cashed

6/19/2017 - NOA date - Priority date 6/15/17

6/30/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail for 7/12/17

7/5/2017 - Walked in Tustin ASC for biometrics 

8/10/2017 - Case is in line for interview

1/22/2018 - N-400 interview date scheduled 

1/26/2018 - Received N-400 interview letter in the mail! Interview scheduled on Feb. 28 

2/28/2018 - Naturalization interview - recommended for approval! :)

3/20/2018 - Oath taking ceremony :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, hellostranger57 said:

Thank you! I found their appointment hotline and they were able to fax me my tax transcript instead. But since my husband and I filed married filing separately, my husband needs to request it from them directly. The quickest way to get the transcript is them faxing it over however my husband does not have access to a fax machine (I'm at work so they faxed it to me here). They will only fax it to him if he is personally in front of the fax machine to receive the transcript. The next best thing is that they will mail it to our address and again will take 5-10 business days. 

If it takes longer, should I go ahead and send my package with my tax transcript and all of our supporting documents and include an explanation that I will bring my husband's tax transcript to the interview? please help.

Great!! You could do send your package with your transcripts only but I recommend being on the safer side and include your husband's transcripts too. Interview officer could play "oh, I haven't seen these ones, I need time to go through the new evidences" and potentially delay your approval. Can your husband go to a Fedex kiosk or somewhere similar with an access to a fax machine? Sounds like it didn't take them long to fax it over, could he take 30-60 mins off from work?

I agree that it's best to wait to send in the packet with the transcripts.  I know it's painful to wait longer, but sending a complete packet is better.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.