JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

I hate to have to come on here and say this, but I will because I want the dates for my case to be correct. Unfortunately, yesterday when checking the status of our case I accidentally typed in one number incorrectly without realizing and was looking at a case complete for someone else and not us.  And being so excited I didn't double check the number I entered and told everyone here and all my friends and family that our case was complete . 

After going to review to see if our AOS disappeared  I noticed it was still there and went back to re-enter our case number and saw that it still said submit documents. 

Its a devastating blow to think you're done and have a CC only to realize a few hours later you don't. I feel completely ridiculous and hopefully I'll be sharing the ACTUAL good news of a CC very soon. Thanks everyone :( 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

9 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

I hate to have to come on here and say this, but I will because I want the dates for my case to be correct. Unfortunately, yesterday when checking the status of our case I accidentally typed in one number incorrectly without realizing and was looking at a case complete for someone else and not us.  And being so excited I didn't double check the number I entered and told everyone here and all my friends and family that our case was complete . 

After going to review to see if our AOS disappeared  I noticed it was still there and went back to re-enter our case number and saw that it still said submit documents. 

Its a devastating blow to think you're done and have a CC only to realize a few hours later you don't. I feel completely ridiculous and hopefully I'll be sharing the ACTUAL good news of a CC very soon. Thanks everyone :( 

I'm so sorry.....hang in there!!!! I know that must be so devastating! 😔 Hope you have a case complete very very soon! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
9 hours ago, Elleandeff said:

So we are sending in the second round of documents after getting a checklist. They made us get our ENGLISH marriage certificate translated into Bangla language, per the request of the Embassy. God knows why. I've only seen them request translations into English, not the other way around... but whatever. I personally think the Embassy has no idea what to do with a special marriage certificate rather than the Nikah nama they normally see. It's a bunch of nonsense in my opinion and who knows what they will demand next. Maybe a trip to the moon to have it endorsed? Super frustrated!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Elleandeff. We pray that all goes well this time round. I have heard of people calling to have their documents reviewed over the phone after a checklist, and some even get approved for an expedite if they can prove that the NVC was not timely in requesting documents, processing them, or not giving all required documents in the initial checklist. I would try my luck at asking for a supervisor to review over the phone, and if it doesn't work, apply for the expedite. If you aren't approved an expedite, nothing is lost. If you are approved, weeks are gained.

Best of luck to you guys! We are in a similar situation in that we were approved a medical expedite, and they don't happen often with the Nairobi embassy, so it threw them off their comfortable routine. Fortunately, today we got an email saying we can schedule our interview, after many very confusing and contradicting emails and conversations with various gov bodies. It seems anything out to the normal is totally chaotic to them!

We will all get through this! Be strong and keep the faith!

Timeline
5 hours ago, cleon86 said:

Oh nooooo! I'm so sorry to hear that! I can imagine the disappointment as we faced something similar. Hang in there!

Timeline
11 hours ago, KaurN said:

I really don't know what the consequences would be.

KaurN,

Thanks so much for your input. We were planning on doing what you said first thing this morning, and then guess whaaaaaaaa???? They emailed us and told us to go ahead and schedule our interview! So now we are going to call at 1pm and see if there is a way to schedule it sooner than the ones on the website. The earliest is the middle of September!

Thank you so much for the advice, and we appreciate you and everyone else who gives assistance here on VJ. Without this community, we couldn't have made it this far. Be blessed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
5 hours ago, cleon86 said:

Big Hugs, No need to feel ridiculous. We are all very excited and it will still happen for you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, goobies said:

KaurN,

Thanks so much for your input. We were planning on doing what you said first thing this morning, and then guess whaaaaaaaa???? They emailed us and told us to go ahead and schedule our interview! So now we are going to call at 1pm and see if there is a way to schedule it sooner than the ones on the website. The earliest is the middle of September!

Thank you so much for the advice, and we appreciate you and everyone else who gives assistance here on VJ. Without this community, we couldn't have made it this far. Be blessed.

That is great @goobies! I hope you get an earlier interview date. My husbands interview was exactly a month away from the day we scheduled it.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, KaurN said:

That is great @goobies! I hope you get an earlier interview date. My husbands interview was exactly a month away from the day we scheduled it.

Thanks so much! We called at 1 and they allowed us to pick any date we wanted, so we decided to give ourselves some time to prepare everything and go for medical. We chose the first week of September!!!! Now it is like crunch time is finally here, after all these months. We are so grateful.

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

@goobies, when you emailed the expedite did they send you a confirmation email? I sent it to nvcexpedite@state.gov Saturday, but havent heard back or received confirmation that they even got the request.

Just got our interview. September 25 @ 9am!! Good luck to everyone who hasn't got their case complete or interview yet!!!!:jest::jest:

@JBMG we were right on the dot with the dates. I think you should do this professionally!! Thank you the amazing help you have been to everyone and for all the remarkable information.

Edited by ptpenny78

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elleandeff said:

@goobies, when you emailed the expedite did they send you a confirmation email? I sent it to nvcexpedite@state.gov Saturday, but havent heard back or received confirmation that they even got the request.

Give it a day or two before you receive a confirmation that your request for an expedite was received.

1 hour ago, goobies said:

Thanks so much! We called at 1 and they allowed us to pick any date we wanted, so we decided to give ourselves some time to prepare everything and go for medical. We chose the first week of September!!!! Now it is like crunch time is finally here, after all these months. We are so grateful.

So happy for you!

Just now, hitexuga said:

Congrats, ptpenny78!!! And good luck with your interview!

How did you find out about your interview date? 

I called NVC

On 11.08.2017 at 9:54 PM, JBMG said:

Search dwheels spreadsheet and the VJ (visa journey) timelines. Again remind you to complete your vj timeline. This way you can help future/current filers from Ukraine. :-)

I was trying to complete it but I do not have all need info. I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

Today my case status was changed from "At NVC" to " in transit" but I did not receive any email from NVC with date of my interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.