JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KaurN said:

Yep this means that your case is complete and you will be in line to be scheduled for an interview. You might need a joint sponsor to be able to meet the poverty guidelines but you don't have to send the AOS to NVC now you just have to take it along to the interview.

Maybe you know where I can check for how long I should wait for appoiment ?

Ukraine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 hours ago, dildeepnagra said:

Can someone tell me about FNU(first name unknown). Today i got my cc confirmation email and on this email my name is wriiten aa benificiary name  FNU XYZ. I have no surname on my passport. 

Not a problem. I emailed my embassy about that. It's because on the passport, the first and last name are not separated. My passport only has full name, no first name or last name. They'll update the visa according to the info updated on DS260. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Roman123 said:

Ukraine

It can take anywhere from a month to three months to get an interview depending on busy the embassy is. Check out the spreadsheet created by @JBMG and you can get an idea of how longs its taken to schedule interviews at the Ukraine Embassy in the past.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Roman123 said:

Ukraine

Please complete your vj timeline. Very important to do so.  

1 hour ago, KaurN said:

It can take anywhere from a month to three months to get an interview depending on busy the embassy is. Check out the spreadsheet created by @JBMG and you can get an idea of how longs its taken to schedule interviews at the Ukraine Embassy in the past.

Unfortunately, there are no one from Ukraine.

Anyway, I'm very grateful for you help!

Timeline

2 days after my status changed on ceac just received email from NVC about case complete :) yay!

However still a couple of hiccups, ugh...

-They stated we're missing a W2 for the joint sponsor (we thought submitting the tax returns was enough), but thankfully they said we can just bring it to the interview

-We just realized we never made photocopies of the affidavit of support forms which I now see on NVCs website we must bring to the interview :S does anyone have experience with that?? I saw a couple of threads on it but they're from a long time ago...

Hello guys! keep up the good work. I've been checking the site for a while now and all I can say is great job. it has helped me a lot through this process. thank you.

Scan Date: June 26th

CC: August 8th

Exactly 6 weeks.

Waiting for my Interview Date.

2 minutes ago, Arodjay said:

Hello guys! keep up the good work. I've been checking the site for a while now and all I can say is great job. it has helped me a lot through this process. thank you.

Scan Date: June 26th

CC: August 8th

Exactly 6 weeks.

Waiting for my Interview Date.

Congrats!! We also have filed from the Dominican Republic and it took exactly 6 weeks from scan date. Now waiting for the interview date.:D

1 minute ago, ptpenny78 said:

Congrats!! We also have filed from the Dominican Republic and it took exactly 6 weeks from scan date. Now waiting for the interview date.:D

Yea, I see that. Thank you. Hopefully we get it soon...

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, ptpenny78 said:

From DR as well. Petitioning mom. Hopefully I get a CC soon.

First Scan date 03/29

Second Scan date 06/07 ( they lost my birth certificate)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
4 hours ago, hitexuga said:

:)

Hey, you're not the first one to be asked to get those w2 AOS and whatnot to the interview this month! 

It's okay, you can fill it out again (updated is okay) and have the sponsor sign it and send you a photocopy of the signed pages. You don't need the original signed ones. 

That's what we were instructed to do, hope this helps! And may we all get interview dates soon. 🙏🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello,

We were approved for a medical expedite at the Nairobi Embassy on the 28th of July. Up to now, we have not gotten an official welcome letter from the embassy, or any official communication from them.

The NVC letter of expedite approval told us that we must wait for the embassy to contact us with the interview date. It said it can take several weeks. Well, it has been almost 3 weeks now, and we emailed them to see if they had just at least received our file. We got a generic email back saying they are aware that there aren't any dates available, but that we should continue checking the website for an opening! But this is contrary to the info the NVC gave us! So now we are extremely confused as to what we should do.

I logged into the scheduling system just to see what would happen, and it is allowing us to select any of the open dates. The nearest is September 19th! So what is the point of a medical expedite if it takes practically as long as normal processing?

Should we just go ahead and schedule ourselves an interview date on the website, or should we wait for the P4 letter and other docs to come? My foot is just getting worse as the weeks go by. We don't understand why everything is slowing down and there isn't any communication as of yet.

What are your suggestions? When we call the embassy lines, they don't even go through, so email is the only way we have been able to get any sort of action, though just computer generated. We are really frustrated and almost wish we hadn't applied for the expedite as at least the way forward would have been known.

Sorry for the rant and exasperation, but this is just silly!

Thanks in advance,
A very grouchy Goobie

Timeline
23 minutes ago, goobies said:

Hello,

We were approved for a medical expedite at the Nairobi Embassy on the 28th of July. Up to now, we have not gotten an official welcome letter from the embassy, or any official communication from them.

The NVC letter of expedite approval told us that we must wait for the embassy to contact us with the interview date. It said it can take several weeks. Well, it has been almost 3 weeks now, and we emailed them to see if they had just at least received our file. We got a generic email back saying they are aware that there aren't any dates available, but that we should continue checking the website for an opening! But this is contrary to the info the NVC gave us! So now we are extremely confused as to what we should do.

I logged into the scheduling system just to see what would happen, and it is allowing us to select any of the open dates. The nearest is September 19th! So what is the point of a medical expedite if it takes practically as long as normal processing?

Should we just go ahead and schedule ourselves an interview date on the website, or should we wait for the P4 letter and other docs to come? My foot is just getting worse as the weeks go by. We don't understand why everything is slowing down and there isn't any communication as of yet.

What are your suggestions? When we call the embassy lines, they don't even go through, so email is the only way we have been able to get any sort of action, though just computer generated. We are really frustrated and almost wish we hadn't applied for the expedite as at least the way forward would have been known.

Sorry for the rant and exasperation, but this is just silly!

Thanks in advance,
A very grouchy Goobie

So sorry. @KaurN can you please help goobies. Thanks in advance

Timeline
5 hours ago, hitexuga said:

2 days after my status changed on ceac just received email from NVC about case complete :) yay!

However still a couple of hiccups, ugh...

-They stated we're missing a W2 for the joint sponsor (we thought submitting the tax returns was enough), but thankfully they said we can just bring it to the interview

-We just realized we never made photocopies of the affidavit of support forms which I now see on NVCs website we must bring to the interview :S does anyone have experience with that?? I saw a couple of threads on it but they're from a long time ago...

If not requested in your checklist letter to bring it to the interview, then no you don't need to bring a copy of it. :-) just bring whatever they ask you for. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.