JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

"While this case meets the minimum qualifications for a visa interview to be scheduled, your Form I-864A is missing. Please complete Form I-864A." 

This is directly quoted from a previous family member's checklist; however, recently I got a checklist for my husband's case asking to correct some mistakes on the I-864A and for it to be sent to NVC instead of being brought to the interview. I was just wondering what the reason for them asking for it to be fixed and directly sent to the NVC would be, as the case could be completed without the form itself? 

Also, is this a strong enough reason to convince a supervisor to complete the case on the phone and bring the form to the interview instead? 

I have mailed the correction already, but the documents still haven't been scanned yet. 

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
VJ display name USCIS Priority Date (PD) Most recent Scan Date (SD) At review Dept SD to Review WEEKS Review dept to CC - DAYS Case Complete (CC) SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS Filed via Visa Class Interview - Country Interview - City
AmyLo 10/13/2016 6/2/2017               Mail IR1 Spain Madrid
Bobsue (not on VJ) 12/1/2016 6/2/2017 5/25/2017 Checklist           Mail CR1 Nepal Kathmandu
ECBZ 1/4/2017 6/2/2017               Mail CR1 Belize Belmopan
Kadupul 7/28/2016 6/5/2017 7/27/2017 7.43           Mail CR1 Nigeria Lagos
Clary 6/10/2016 6/7/2017 7/13/2017 5.14           Mail IR5 The Dominican Republic Santo Domingo
enriquesblanco 5/14/2015 6/14/2017               Mail IR1 El Salvador San Salvador
Myheart0628 8/4/2016 6/14/2017               Mail CR1 Ghana Accra
Elleandeff 10/31/2016 6/15/2017               Mail CR1 Bangladesh Dhaka
SMNQ 3/18/2017 6/15/2017               Mail IR1 Philippines Manila
kshaheen 10/20/2016 6/16/2017 7/28/2017 6.00           Mail CR1 Pakistan Islamabad
rahill 9/27/2016 6/20/2017               Mail CR1 Ethiopia Addis Ababa

Hi @AmyLo @bobsue (not on VJ, please update) @ECBZ @Kadupul @Clary @enriquesblanco @myheart0628 @Elleandeff @SMNQ @kshaheen @rahill

Hello, it's been 7 weeks since your scan date. The NVC seems to be processing cases faster these days. Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status 

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm.  

See Example

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017  with your latest status.

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire .

================================

Calling the NVC from outside of the US (or even within)

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Good luck!! 

Timeline
On 8/5/2017 at 6:43 PM, Ypatel said:

@JBMG

thanks for your help so much

i get Email Today PLZ I NEED YOUR HELP

I CANT SEE ANY MISSING DOCUMENT ON THIS EMAIL

LIKE - NVC Notice of Missing Item: Please submit ____________________________ BUT I DIDNT SEE ANY THING LIKE

Hi @Ypatel

Sorry for receiving a checklist and for my delayed reply. Were you able to get a hold of the NVC? As others have stated, looks like they're missing some civil documents and a signed AOS form.. as it says "Send photocopies of your civil documents (e.g., birth certificate). Send a copy of a signed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support(s)."

Meanwhile, you can check out the following forum I started for India. Advise you to filter through the pages to make sure you submitted all the correct documents. Also, you can ask for any advice there as well. 

Edited by JBMG

Timeline
6 hours ago, kshaheen said:

"While this case meets the minimum qualifications for a visa interview to be scheduled, your Form I-864A is missing. Please complete Form I-864A." 

This is directly quoted from a previous family member's checklist; however, recently I got a checklist for my husband's case asking to correct some mistakes on the I-864A and for it to be sent to NVC instead of being brought to the interview. I was just wondering what the reason for them asking for it to be fixed and directly sent to the NVC would be, as the case could be completed without the form itself? 

Also, is this a strong enough reason to convince a supervisor to complete the case on the phone and bring the form to the interview instead? 

I have mailed the correction already, but the documents still haven't been scanned yet. 

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Sorry about your checklist..It really depends on your embassy.. Seems that some are allowed to be the correction to the interview whereas others not.. I don't understand why that is.. Def call first the NVC to confirm that the only missing thing on the form are the signatures.. Resubmit whatever they're requesting ASAP, then upon arrival, call daily/weekly to ask for a supervisor to review.. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

Where are the June cc's? This weeks seems slower than last week :clock:

It does! I was hopeful that they would speed through June faster. But who knows maybe they will! Afterall we only have a small percentage of the cases they receive daily and scan dates on our forums..

Good luck! 

7 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

It does! I was hopeful that they would speed through June faster. But who knows maybe they will! Afterall we only have a small percentage of the cases they receive daily and scan dates on our forums..

Good luck! 

Does not stop me from checking the website 30 times a day with high hope.....  LOL

I really hope the CC news gets moving again on this tread.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, hitexuga said:

No cc for us yet, but they did tell me on Friday that our file has been transferred to the review deparment (forgot to ask when it got transferred).

Latest scan date: 06/28

i noticed the slow down too - also sucks because seeing these posts keep me going haha

Exactly! I keep checking the site looking for changes-those posts were encouraging 😕

loll

45 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

Omg you guys! I just checked the website 

AOS is gone and it says At NVC 😭😭😭

Was this the first time you checked it today?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, enriquesblanco said:

Was this the first time you checked it today?

Nooo, I had checked throughout the day and I think once again after I posted here earlier, but NVC was still open 😁

I think they completed it in the last few hours that they were open yesterday 

Edited by Kadupul

5 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

Nooo, I had checked throughout the day and I think once again after I posted here earlier, but NVC was still open 😁

I think they completed it in the last few hours that they were open yesterday 

Ah I see...I just wanted to see if I shouldn't check it throughout the night.  Seems like it updates real time.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, enriquesblanco said:

Ah I see...I just wanted to see if I shouldn't check it throughout the night.  Seems like it updates real time.

Oooh, I see! I think it can happen anytime during the hours they are open 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.