JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Clary said:

Congrats!!! I have been in the review department since 07/24. Called this morning and nothing yet.

I guess all we can do is wait!! At least it's in the review department!! Patience is all we can have.

Edited by ptpenny78

37 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

Tomorrow we hit the 6 week mark and I know it's unrealistic for ours to be in review already or to get a CC, but when I see that happening for others it makes me believe it could happen for us! I'm too scared to call though and be disappointed so I'm going to wait until 7 weeks to call and check. 

I'm just ready for this to be over so I can be with my husband! 

I was trying not to call until we hit the 7-8 weeks but I couldn't hold myself. We have a day difference in scan dates so maybe yours is or will be in review in the next couple of days. 

I know how you feel. My daughter and I have been away from my husband for a year and all we got was one week in June together. And that only made things worse because now my daughter can't get over of why daddy didn't come back with us. 3 year olds can't comprehend much. Be patient and good luck!!!😊

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

So, we got a checklist. They're requesting a Muslim marriage certificate from Bangladesh. Except we don't have one... because I am Christian and he is Muslim so we had to get married under the Special Marriage Act. And we have that certificate instead, which I sent.....

They put us in "Supervisor review". God knows how long it will take, and if they will even understand the issue. 

I swear, this process is enough to kill even the strongest relationship.

Oh, and they sent me the link to the accepted documents by country webpage, where it clearly states about the Special Marriage Act. SMH 

Edited by Elleandeff

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Elleandeff said:

So, we got a checklist. They're requesting a Muslim marriage certificate from Bangladesh. Except we don't have one... because I am Christian and he is Muslim so we had to get married under the Special Marriage Act. And we have that certificate instead, which I sent.....

They put us in "Supervisor review". God knows how long it will take, and if they will even understand the issue. 

Oh, and they sent me the link to the accepted documents by country webpage, where it clearly states about the Special Marriage Act. SMH 

Aww noo... Since you are sure you sent in the right thing I would call every so often and see if u can be put through to a supervisor even though they said u were in "supervisor review" maybe you will get lucky and someone can review on the phone. Sorry I know how it feels to get set back .. ..can you update the spreadsheet so we can keep track of nvc's progress? Thanks! 

Edited by Adreamer

48 minutes ago, Elleandeff said:

I'm so sorry and I know what you mean about this process testing a relationship! We're both stressed and tired of staring at each other across a computer screen. 

I would suggest, as Adreamer said, to continue calling and asking to speak with a supervisor since the link they sent you clearly states info about the Special Marriage Act. There's absolutely no reason for a checklist and I would push that point with the customer service reps every day if I had to. Call early in the morning! You'll get through quickly and I found the people during the day are more friendly than those at night lol. Just my experience. 

Edited by cleon86

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

1 hour ago, ptpenny78 said:

I was trying not to call until we hit the 7-8 weeks but I couldn't hold myself. We have a day difference in scan dates so maybe yours is or will be in review in the next couple of days. 

I know how you feel. My daughter and I have been away from my husband for a year and all we got was one week in June together. And that only made things worse because now my daughter can't get over of why daddy didn't come back with us. 3 year olds can't comprehend much. Be patient and good luck!!!😊

Well, I'm going to visit my husband the 18th of August which is the 8 week mark!! I'll try to hold off until then lol. We'll see! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 7/10/2017 at 8:26 PM, ShelRSA said:

Received Case Complete on 5 July.  It took 9 weeks and 6 days.  Waiting for an interview date, hopefully it wont take too long to schedule.

Are there any South Africans that have experiences to share... how long from Case Complete? 

thanks

UPDATE:  Received notification of interview date.  This took exactly 4 weeks and interview has been scheduled 5 weeks from date of notification.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, ShelRSA said:

UPDATE:  Received notification of interview date.  This took exactly 4 weeks and interview has been scheduled 5 weeks from date of notification.

Congrats! Glad to see that we got our interview notifications this week. My CC was on 7/7 and I received interview notifcation on 7/31. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, enriquesblanco said:

QUESTION..so my scan date is 6/14.  Sent EVERHTHING in at once. Then, my ditz of an attorney said I needed the I-864, rather than the EZ, so she sent it against my desire!  So new scan date of 7-3.  NVC says that pushes my case back.  Is that true?  Will they not review my first documents until my time has come for the latter?

I've seen it a few times that it doesn't affect your original scan date if the NVC receives the new documents before receiving a checklist. Wishing you luck! keep us posted. 

8 hours ago, JBMG said:

I've seen it a few times that it doesn't affect your original scan date if the NVC receives the new documents before receiving a checklist. Wishing you luck! keep us posted. 

No checklist so far.  Thank you!!

1 minute ago, Adreamer said:

Congrats!!!!!! Is this the first time uv checked today? Wondering how soon the site is updating

Thank you!! No I check almost every hour!!!! Its like an obsession. This morning it still said action required.

Edited by ptpenny78

1 minute ago, ptpenny78 said:

Confirmed cc with NVC

Scan Date: 6/21/17

CC: 8/3/2017

Glad I'm not the only obsessed one.  And your scan date is after mine...anxiously waiting....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.