JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Lol! I've been checking it daily since last week, can't sit still!! 

Thanks for the link,  I already looked that up and seen those. If you notice, most of them don't complete their timeline or such. The people I've found currently on vj didn't give much info, and I was bummed out. Also, I can't tell if the E.O. affected the timing whatsoever (asked the NVC and the usembassy). Anywho, I'm hoping I will be as informative as I can for those who are coming after me! 

Thank you for everything. 😁😁

5 weeks today and time seems like it's going slower and slower!!! Can't vent anywhere because family and friends don't understand this process. On top of that my  3.5 year is saying that daddy is never coming.😒

Edited by ptpenny78

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 7/26/2017 at 3:46 AM, AmyLo said:

Called NVC today and heard that we are "under review"! That is a good sign, right? Apparently we've been under review since July 18. I am hoping that we are out SOON :-) 

Thanks again to my VJ family. You guys are the best. 

@lol2 from Spain had their CC at 61 days. You're on day 55. Almost there!! :) 

Just joining.  My scan date is 6/14.  Have a few questions.  When I call NVC, they say that my case is "pending review" and the representative said there is no difference between "pending review" and "under review."  How are the rest of you finding out when your case is in review?

Timeline
7 hours ago, ptpenny78 said:

Awwh! That's why I joined this forum, for support. Tell your smarty 3.5 year old daddy is coming sooner than you think. Stay blessed 😉

Timeline
24 minutes ago, enriquesblanco said:

Just joining.  My scan date is 6/14.  Have a few questions.  When I call NVC, they say that my case is "pending review" and the representative said there is no difference between "pending review" and "under review."  How are the rest of you finding out when your case is in review?

When it transfers from the receiving room/mail department to the allocated reviewing department who will review your case. BUT, just because your file has been transferred to the allocated team of reviewers, doesn't mean you're case will be reviewed ASAP. They could have a backlog of their own... 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, JBMG said:

@lol2 from Spain had their CC at 61 days. You're on day 55. Almost there!! :) 

Hah! I'd sure like to lower that average :-) but I am also being realistic. 

Man this is tough! 

3 hours ago, enriquesblanco said:

The same, just  calling and asking. There won't be a change on the website on your case status until you have a CC at which point it will change to "At NVC". That kind of makes me feel good that your case is in review already! Our country is El Salvador as well and our scan date is 6/22. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, JBMG said:

When it transfers from the receiving room/mail department to the allocated reviewing department who will review your case. BUT, just because your file has been transferred to the allocated team of reviewers, doesn't mean you're case will be reviewed ASAP. They could have a backlog of their own... 

If NVC said their case is pending review, should they update the spreadsheet with a new review date? Or does it still need to be confirmed that their case was actually sent to the review department? 

Edited by Kadupul

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

If NVC said their case is pending review, should they update the spreadsheet with a new review date? Or does it still need to be confirmed that their case was actually sent to the review department? 

Yes, I guess everyone should be confirming that yes, they're actually in the review department.. Because it's true, everyone is "pending review"

But again, i remind everyone that I advise not calling before 9 weeks.. Calling in does not make them work on your case faster. ;) It blocks up the phone lines for those who urgently need to get through to confirm a CC date, get their scan date, approve the 260, etc.... 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, goobies said:

I'm sorry, thought the other members already answered! 

Personally, I requested 3 times. And nothing went wrong so far. We even asked the NVC rep and she said we can keep on requesting as many times as we wish but it's not going to be a different response unless the reasons are urgent or compelling. Best of luck 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.