Glenn & Rosemarie

Is This Homesickness or Fraud?

36 posts in this topic

make sure to keep the email...u might need it in the future.

also there is a way to check where that email was sent from by using the ip address from it. i cant remember the programs name or the web site. maybe someone else here knows how to do it. that way u will at least have a general idea where it was sent from.

just wanna say somthing and its true ,she used for immigration benifits ,she came here she doesnt need you know ,here goal is to come here and now she doesnt need you it happens to a LOT of people here you should contact homeland security and let them now so she can be in there records and she will never be approved no matter what she does to have GC bye bye .

Filed: Timeline

I do wish you well and I am sorry you're going through this. That being said:

Did you hire a private investigator? Have you contacted the airlines/train stations/bus depots/car rental agencies?

But you were quick to call ICE to report possible fraud and now here you are asking questions about petitioning someone else. I am sorry for your troubles, If you're unsure as to whether it's homesickness or fraud, how can you report her to ICE if you're unsure? Why are you not giving your marriage & your wife more time to figure this all out? It's only 10 days. What about your other topics about 'giving love and patience to your foreign spouse'?

No one here can do anything but speculate. I'd advise you to look within yourself for the answers you seek, because all you'll get here is gut reaction from one post. No one can suss your wife's motives out from one post.

And how you could already be wondering at this point about petitioning someone else is baffling.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

upon reading this, the entire thing sounds fishy. if you still have that email from whoever sent it to you, send me a pm and we'll see if we can sort out if it was sent from within the usa or outside of the usa.

best wishes :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

sounds like she might have wrote it herself but said she was her aunt. thats why i say there is a way to check through the ip address and see who really sent the email. hope u can figure it out charles.

Edited by donnaal

Good grief man. Your wife disappears and you don't notify the authorities? You take it on faith from an e-mail that she is 'safe'?

You better hope like hell she is safe. Because if this turns criminal in any way, you are gonna be Suspect #1.

from prior posts in another thread, says he has filed missing person's report.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry831359

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
sounds like she might have wrote it herself but said she was her aunt. thats why i say there is a way to check through the ip address and see who really sent the email. hope u can figure it out charles.

it's easy to figure out as the header of the email has the originating ip in it. just do a whois on that ip and see where it is registered (in what country) :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
Good grief man. Your wife disappears and you don't notify the authorities? You take it on faith from an e-mail that she is 'safe'?

You better hope like hell she is safe. Because if this turns criminal in any way, you are gonna be Suspect #1.

agreed, that would have been my first action, followed quickly by changing the locks and getting new credit cards.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry to learn of your situation. I am guessing that the most difficult part is not knowing why and what. I hope that you find some kind of closure soon.

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news, from what I know this is uncharacteristic of a filipina ..

Did your wife take anything with her that can be tracked? Have you looked over your phone bills, deleted emails, etc. to find a trial as to where she might be? Internet Browser history? What about any messenger programs that she might have? Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, Live Messenger etc. Have you asked neighbors or community members if they have seen anything out of the ordinary.

I suspect that she has found someone that she wants to be with in the US and that the email is more than likely not from a family member .. as someone mentioned previously, you can look at the header and tell for sure (right click on the email name from the inbox view in OE, view headers for online email) and go to http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm to find the name of the company that has ownership of the ip in question.

Good Luck,

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And how you could already be wondering at this point about petitioning someone else is baffling.

That's what I was wondering, and when I saw you'd posted, I put my money on you having already said it. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.