Glenn & Rosemarie

Is This Homesickness or Fraud?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife nd I were married on December 29, 2005 in the Philippines.My wife of 16 months came to the USA from the Philippines on February 7 2007 on a K3 visa. During her time here she showed numerous signs of homesickness, etc. On Friday April 6, 2007 she went for a bicycle ride and never returned. Later that day, I received an email from my wife's cousin who lives in the Philippines stating that my wife contacted her. The email from my wife's cousin said for me to be strong and move on with my life. It also said my wife was somewhere safe.

I contacted local law enforcement and filed report. I called the NVC and informed them that we were not, or might I say " I am not filing or pursuing the AOS" I also reported this to ICE for possible illegal or fraudulent activities that coud take place.

I have contacted my wifes family and friends by email, text and telephone messages. I have received no replies from them. I truly don't know if she is back home in the Philippines or somewhere unknown to me here in the USA presently.

It seems nobody can answer any questions for me at any agency that I have spoken with. At some point am I free to marry again? I was married in the Philippines, do I need a USA divorce? Am I free to ever petition another person for marriage?

If you have any solid information, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I am stunned by the emotions of this event.........Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A few things.

You are not legally able to marry someone until you divorce, this is something to consult a lawyer about.

As for your case, you may have to contact NVC about the I-130 petition to see if it is still working its way through their system, she may be able to travel home and get the CR-1 visa if the case has moved on to the Embassy in Manila, the CR-1 generates a Green card if she gets that visa and uses it.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh my gosh, I seriously don't think that it had anything to do with homesickness; otherwise, she would have tried to get back home somehow. It sounds like she had everything planned out because nobody goes out on a bike ride without the necessary stuff, like extra clothing and things and never makes it back home.

What she didn't count on was for you to contact the authorities and get her AOS messed up, now her legal situation here in the States has been jeopardized instead of talking things through with you first.

I sincerely hope you can find some kind of emotional help and that you can move on with your life.

Best of luck.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

How Horrible! Since her family is not responding, it seems this whole thing was planned. Definitely report to USCIS.

So she left for a bike ride, leaving all her stuff behind, like clothes, papers, etc? First, change the locks :) Then file a missing persons report with your police. They'll be on the lookout for her, when they catch her, whatever guy is with her, they'll think he kidnapped her, and they'll be in some huge trouble, both deserve it!

Also check out your telephone bill, I'm sure she must have been contacting this guy, or whomever helped her plan this escape.

12140.gif

A few things.

You are not legally able to marry someone until you divorce, this is something to consult a lawyer about.

As for your case, you may have to contact NVC about the I-130 petition to see if it is still working its way through their system, she may be able to travel home and get the CR-1 visa if the case has moved on to the Embassy in Manila, the CR-1 generates a Green card if she gets that visa and uses it.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I'm so sorry you've been having such a horrible time, you must have been so worried about her and then she can't even talk to you face-to-face? I would definitely agree on getting the locks changed and contacting the powers that be about the visa, and I hope that things look up for you very soon...

I-175 Timeline

June 22nd 2010 - Package sent

June 23rd 2010 - Package received CSC by M Guerrero

June 23rd 2010 - NOA

August 17th 2010 - Biometrics

September 17th 2010 - Approved!!!

OMG! Yeah, change the lock of your house and report to the police so as to the USCIS/NVC...hope they will cancel her visa for fraud coz' looks like was planned leaving you for what?????? Homesick???? I don't think so! Be strong and file a divorce...move on.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear this. It definately sounds like fraud to me. As others have said, it seems as if it was completely planned and her family is helping her out. I hate to see someone go through this whole process when the other one's intentions were never good. Good luck and I hope she gets sent back home soon.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear your story... I can't even imagine how it must feel to be left wondering why...

I think there is some provisions for you to file divorce in absence/desertion of your spouse if you are unable to locate her or contact her. Look up the website for your state to look for more info. For CA, you can find help here - http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/family/divorce/

If you haven't already get a family lawyer; use your friends and family to get a referral to a good lawyer.

Go to the local USCIS office and meet with some representative to discuss your case and make sure the I-130 or any other activities have een stopped. i.e. make sure you have it on record that you had an appointment with USCIS, have informed them and followed up to make sure.

- S

My wife nd I were married on December 29, 2005 in the Philippines.My wife of 16 months came to the USA from the Philippines on February 7 2007 on a K3 visa. During her time here she showed numerous signs of homesickness, etc. On Friday April 6, 2007 she went for a bicycle ride and never returned. Later that day, I received an email from my wife's cousin who lives in the Philippines stating that my wife contacted her. The email from my wife's cousin said for me to be strong and move on with my life. It also said my wife was somewhere safe.

I contacted local law enforcement and filed report. I called the NVC and informed them that we were not, or might I say " I am not filing or pursuing the AOS" I also reported this to ICE for possible illegal or fraudulent activities that coud take place.

I have contacted my wifes family and friends by email, text and telephone messages. I have received no replies from them. I truly don't know if she is back home in the Philippines or somewhere unknown to me here in the USA presently.

It seems nobody can answer any questions for me at any agency that I have spoken with. At some point am I free to marry again? I was married in the Philippines, do I need a USA divorce? Am I free to ever petition another person for marriage?

If you have any solid information, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I am stunned by the emotions of this event.........Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I doubt that this would be a simple case of homesickness...I do have a question though. Are you sure that this email came from your wife's cousin?

AOS TIMELINE

02/15/2008 - Mailed Package via Overnight

02/18/2008 - Delivered

02/26/08 - Check cashed

02/28/08 - Received 3 noa's in mail : AOS, EAD and AP, Notice Date 02/25/08

03/11/08 - I-485 Transferred to CSC... EAD and AP still not in online system

03/12/08 - Boimetrics

03/22/08 - Touched

03/24/08 - Touched

04/04/08 - Touched

04/22/08 - EAD card production ordered, AP approval notice sent

04/29/08 - EAD Approval Notice Sent

05/02/08 - EAD arrived in mail

05/09/08 - AP touched

05/13/08 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!

05/14/08 - AP arrived in mail

05/16/08 - Approval notice sent

05/20/08 - Green Card arrived in mail!!!!! Huge sigh of relief...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Your wife looks pretty young. Unfortunately, she may have really just not known what she was getting into. Young girls make choices someetimes they think are right, they move forward, and then they don't know how to get out of it. Im very sorry for this, but I don't think I would believe she was planning this all along. I guess I believe the best, even faced with the worst. I hope you don't let this char you too badly. Good Luck.

Bobbie

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

make sure to keep the email...u might need it in the future.

also there is a way to check where that email was sent from by using the ip address from it. i cant remember the programs name or the web site. maybe someone else here knows how to do it. that way u will at least have a general idea where it was sent from.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.