dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does processing time matter for a green card holder sponsoring a spouse for IR1/CR1 vs a US citizen sponsoring?

For example: Processing time to Case complete and time from Case complete to interview date.

Will this be faster if the sponsor is a US Citizen vs a Green card holder?

6 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Well my company pays for them so I cant do much. Either way, all documents needed by NVC should be listed on their requirements, especially less obvious ones like proof your legal status in a country other than the US.

i also used a lawyer a really good one i might add who did say we needed proof of residency and status in the countries i lived in for the last 10 years so sorry to hear you are going thru this it sucks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, kunzie11 said:

Does processing time matter for a green card holder sponsoring a spouse for IR1/CR1 vs a US citizen sponsoring?

For example: Processing time to Case complete and time from Case complete to interview date.

No.. At this point it's just about meeting the criteria.. No way in finding a pattern. Only pattern in processing is the timing, which is at about 9 weeks.. some lucky ones between 8-9 weeks. You can check out our spreadsheet. It's posted all over this forum and in my signature. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, claudia88031 said:

hello, we were in the similar situation. we had our husband's brother as our joint sponsor. he got married last year and filed the 2016 tax jointly with his wife. we had him filled out the i864 form, signed and dated. i brought his i864, both his and his wife's w2, their 1040 form(tax return), and a photocopy of his passport biological page. 

you want your dad to fill out the i864 form without having your mother filling out the i864A, so just put N/A or none on part 6 #3-14. and for part 5 #3, put 1, because even though you are not using her income, she still has to be included in the household size. 

feel free to private message me if you need your info, just had my interview yesterday and dealt with the exact same problem. good luck! 

wow thanks so much that helps alot! I hope everything goes through smoothly. thank you and good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
38 minutes ago, JBMG said:

No.. At this point it's just about meeting the criteria.. No way in finding a pattern. Only pattern in processing is the timing, which is at about 9 weeks.. some lucky ones between 8-9 weeks. You can check out our spreadsheet. It's posted all over this forum and in my signature. 

Thanks! Yeah I am on the spreadsheet and been tracking it there as well.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, zizou2017 said:

I was just on the phone with NVC....Good news I confirmed that my case is complete. There is a checklist with regards to my 1099 that my wife has to provide at the embassy when the interview is up....So I am glad we saved that one :) 

Good luck to everyone in here.

Scan Date 04/13/2017

Case Complete 06/13/2017

Congratulations!! Hope you have your Interview date soon!! :) 

13 hours ago, enigma992 said:

What do birth certificates have to do with proof of residency? I don't know that it is common sense to expect that US authorities would need to see proof of your legal/visa status in a different country, but it certainly seems less obvious that them needing to see birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate etc. all of which are listed as required documents. Why not list items specifcally rather than have this idea of guessing what the NVC might want you to send? Mostly I am annoyed that even my immigration lawyer did not tell me I needed to send proof of my status in Canada.

Yes, most of the immigration lawyers don't know much about the process well. I hate it more when somebody is keenly looking forward to be with thier loved ones and is taking more time, because of their mistake.

9 hours ago, Dre876 said:

Woohooo CC: June 13 2017:dance:

Congratulations!! Now let the interview date roll out soon!

9 hours ago, Exan said:

Nice

Same to me CC June 13 2017

Congratulations to you too! hope you have a speedy interview date!

7 hours ago, CDJames said:

Haven't gotten a CC yet! Hope it's right around the corner 🍀 🙌🏼 

All the best @Mellisa hope you get a CC asap! 🍀

You would be there soon! Good luck!

6 hours ago, kunzie11 said:

I think if your date is current then the timeframe (which NVC takes) is upto 11 weeks....Good Luck!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

21 hours ago, trininurse said:

yup sounds like what had happened to me but dont worry it will show up i kept checking and calling like it was a mantra lol fingers crossed for u let me know when it clears :)

girl i cant wait lol

Good news! Yesterday afternoon at around 4:00 pm the fee status changed to paid. I never spoke to a supervisor. I think they received enough calls that they realized it was an issue and fixed it. Now we are all ready to fill out the DS-260! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Our fee was changed to paid today! We have just submitted the DS-260. Wow, what a task! We realized some mistakes on the G-325A and have entered the corrected dates for employment and residency on the DS-260. From what we could find, it seems this should be ok. If they question my husband about it, he will just explain that the info provided in DS-260 is accurate to the best of his knowledge, and that at the time of filling out the G-325A we were rushed because we were in a very crowded internet cafe.

Wish us luck! We will be calling NVC tonight to let them know we have submitted the form. 

Good luck to you all!

4 minutes ago, goobies said:

Our fee was changed to paid today! We have just submitted the DS-260. Wow, what a task! We realized some mistakes on the G-325A and have entered the corrected dates for employment and residency on the DS-260. From what we could find, it seems this should be ok. If they question my husband about it, he will just explain that the info provided in DS-260 is accurate to the best of his knowledge, and that at the time of filling out the G-325A we were rushed because we were in a very crowded internet cafe.

Wish us luck! We will be calling NVC tonight to let them know we have submitted the form. 

Good luck to you all!

Wonderful news! Ours was changed to paid yesterday afternoon!! Our lawyer is working on the DS-260 now and should be sending it in today or tomorrow! With them it takes a little more time because the legal assistant fills it in with our answers then the attorney reviews it before submitting. Good luck to you with everything else! :) 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Timeline

Hello. this is for those who are about to send their supporting documents into the NVC

Avoid getting a checklist. Here are notes from cases who received a checklist. 

In summary, make sure you submit the correct version of your birth certificate, court records, police records, landing papers. Check out the embassy site in your country to see if you can get a detailed list of the documents you must have.. MAKE SURE YOU'RE SENDING THE CORREC VERSIONS AND WRITING YOUR CASE NUMBER ON EACH COPY..  

Make sure you write your CASE number on EVERY copy, including your AOS/i-864 form.. You can buy a stamp or print them out on a label sheet, cut and stick on each copy..   Make sure you have filled out your AOS form correctly and have included any w2 and 1099s.. If you don't have a w2, and tax transcripts explain why you don't have them in a letter. 

Here is a list of real checklists from Feb/March/April cases.. Don't let this happen to you. 

=======

Asked for proof of canadian residence (PR card) which was already submitted with I-130 and mailed document to NVC on June 12th. Also assessment for W2 form which I can take in Interview.
Court record
Incorrect BC and police report
Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents
Photocopy of original birth certificate
Missing Birth Certificate
Wrong birth certificate
missing i-i-864a (household member)
They say we are missing Birth Cert and Police Cert but we sent them.
Missing police record
NVC could not accept our police certificate-apparently they lost 2 pages of it
Birth certificate
1st checklist 12/07/17 . correct info in AOS : in the application in sponsor's household size i filled the box #3 instead of #1.
2nd checklist 02/11/17 only sent corrected pages. Didn't know that i had to send all 12 pages again . my latest scan date was 02/15/17
I-864, some places left blank.
They said it was an incorrect birth certificate.
Checklist for a death certificate
Court Records
obsolete AOS form
Incorrect birth certificate. Needs to be one with parents names
Incorrect Marriage Certificate
Financial documents (standard as we are using assets). Also said we had incorrect birth certificate. When I called to clarify, turned out it was incorrect police certificate.
Missing ppc
Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate
Computer generated birth certificate
Police report , w2 from my sponsor
PCC and W2 form
requested missing Nigeria police clearance

===

You can check out our spreadsheet which shows who got a checklist. 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser)  You can organize the spreadsheet by column "z". See the "sort instructions" tab in the spreadsheet to learn how to sort.  (must use a computer to sort, doesn't seem work on phone) 

---

Also created a forum thread where I hope people will start listing their "checklists"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Greetings, all! We're 12 days post-SD and it already feels like a lifetime. I can't wait till this is over with. Meanwhile, it is great to have my Visajourney family here to go through this with me. Best of luck to everyone! Stay strong! 

8 hours ago, cleon86 said:

Good news! Yesterday afternoon at around 4:00 pm the fee status changed to paid. I never spoke to a supervisor. I think they received enough calls that they realized it was an issue and fixed it. Now we are all ready to fill out the DS-260! 

great please please make sure you answer all questions and send in all document at the same time good luck 

Timeline

Updated this. Also created a forum thread under "IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports" as I hope more new NVC applicants will see it before submitting their applications to the NVC

Been waiting since

8 hours ago, JBMG said:

Hello. this is for those who are about to send their supporting documents into the NVC

Avoid getting a checklist. Here are notes from cases who received a checklist. 

In summary, make sure you submit the correct version of your birth certificate, court records, police records, landing papers. Check out the embassy site in your country to see if you can get a detailed list of the documents you must have.. MAKE SURE YOU'RE SENDING THE CORREC VERSIONS AND WRITING YOUR CASE NUMBER ON EACH COPY..  

Make sure you write your CASE number on EVERY copy, including your AOS/i-864 form.. You can buy a stamp or print them out on a label sheet, cut and stick on each copy..   Make sure you have filled out your AOS form correctly and have included any w2 and 1099s.. If you don't have a w2, and tax transcripts explain why you don't have them in a letter. 

Here is a list of real checklists from Feb/March/April cases.. Don't let this happen to you. 

=======

Asked for proof of canadian residence (PR card) which was already submitted with I-130 and mailed document to NVC on June 12th. Also assessment for W2 form which I can take in Interview.
Court record
Incorrect BC and police report
Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents
Photocopy of original birth certificate
Missing Birth Certificate
Wrong birth certificate
missing i-i-864a (household member)
They say we are missing Birth Cert and Police Cert but we sent them.
Missing police record
NVC could not accept our police certificate-apparently they lost 2 pages of it
Birth certificate
1st checklist 12/07/17 . correct info in AOS : in the application in sponsor's household size i filled the box #3 instead of #1.
2nd checklist 02/11/17 only sent corrected pages. Didn't know that i had to send all 12 pages again . my latest scan date was 02/15/17
I-864, some places left blank.
They said it was an incorrect birth certificate.
Checklist for a death certificate
Court Records
obsolete AOS form
Incorrect birth certificate. Needs to be one with parents names
Incorrect Marriage Certificate
Financial documents (standard as we are using assets). Also said we had incorrect birth certificate. When I called to clarify, turned out it was incorrect police certificate.
Missing ppc
Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate
Computer generated birth certificate
Police report , w2 from my sponsor
PCC and W2 form
requested missing Nigeria police clearance

===

You can check out our spreadsheet which shows who got a checklist. 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser)  You can organize the spreadsheet by column "z". See the "sort instructions" tab in the spreadsheet to learn how to sort.  (must use a computer to sort, doesn't seem work on phone) 

---

Also created a forum thread where I hope people will start listing their "checklists"

Just in terms of the checklist I received - proof of my visa status in Canada - basically I think the rule is, if you are not a citizen of the country in which you are applying to complete consular processing, then you need to provide proof of your eligibility to live in that country and such proof needs to have at least 6 months left before expiry.

As I am an Irish citizen living in Canada, I got the checklist for not providing proof of my Canadian visa status. I did not think my status in Canada would be of relevance to the US authorities but I guess it makes sense that they don't want people applying for consular processing in countries where they are not a citizen or where they are not living legally.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.