dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

I am now filling out my I-864 and I have a question regarding the comments everyone has made about not leaving any fields blank: to what extent do I need to put "0" or "N/A" in each of the fields? I mean there are lots of fields that are not applicable (for example, all the "family member" section fields, since I am only sponsoring my husband and no one else), do I really need to put N/A in each line? Also, Part 5 to determine my household size, it says "If you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse" but just above it says "Include Persons NOT sponsored in the affidavit" so I am married, but my spouse is the person sponsored, so I feel like putting 1 is incorrect but putting 0 is misleading. 

This may sound like I am being extra cautious but I do not want a checklist for leaving things blank, or filling in fields with N/A where I am not supposed to!

Thanks for the support :)

Edited by Lumeyer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey guys,

I am a little stuck with the AOS. My Dad is my joint sponsor but he filed his taxes jointly with my mom together, his income alone is more than enough so do i have to get the i-864A  for my mother or can i just leave that out? Especially confused because for part 6 question 3 i added her in because she is listed in the household members from part 5 question 3. Any help/ info would be awesome:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lumeyer said:

I am now filling out my I-864 and I have a question regarding the comments everyone has made about not leaving any fields blank: to what extent do I need to put "0" or "N/A" in each of the fields? I mean there are lots of fields that are not applicable (for example, all the "family member" section fields, since I am only sponsoring my husband and no one else), do I really need to put N/A in each line? Also, Part 5 to determine my household size, it says "If you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse" but just above it says "Include Persons NOT sponsored in the affidavit" so I am married, but my spouse is the person sponsored, so I feel like putting 1 is incorrect but putting 0 is misleading. 

This may sound like I am being extra ####### but I do not want a checklist for leaving things blank, or filling in fields with N/A where I am not supposed to!

hey im not sure about what to do with the blank fields but for part 5 question 3 i would put 0 because you cant list a person twice in that section and because that part is asking for people not sponsored on that particular form. I know it seems weird because you are married but the question is there because this same form is used for sponsoring people other that your spouse aswell.  what i did was look up sample forms that other people filled out (you can check those on google or something) that really helped. 

17 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Sorry to hear this. It really does suck. I am also in Canada (although on a working visa) and, as mentioned, I didn't send in proof of residence because it was never listed as a requirement. It is very unfair to have to wait another 8-11 weeks because they didn't bother to list something as required but I got nowhere talking to them otp

I know how painful it is to wait for another review. I have sent my document it will reach today. Hopefully, now some miracle happens and they give me a CC as to review a PR card is like just 5 mins work but for that if I have to wait for another 8-9 weeks then yes it is very frustrating. I feel sorry for you. try calling them today. I have updated the spreadsheet with new info @JBMG ....

3 minutes ago, trininurse said:

34 more days to 11 weeks cant wait for this period to be over....

It'll be sooner than that!! :) It's almost over!! 

As a side note, I called NVC again about my fees this morning. He told me there was an issue in the month of May and IT had assured them the problem was fixed as of June 1st but that I was his second call of the day already (at 8:10 a.m. their time) about the fees. It doesn't even show up in their system that it's in process. He said to give it to the end of the 7th day (which is today for me) and if it hasn't updated then to call back tomorrow morning and ask to speak to a supervisor so they can put in a ticket to the help desk. They don't have control or own the website apparently so they have put in a help desk ticket and wait for a response. 

Looks like the problem wasn't fixed by IT after all! Super frustrating! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, sunny01 said:

hey guys,

I am a little stuck with the AOS. My Dad is my joint sponsor but he filed his taxes jointly with my mom together, his income alone is more than enough so do i have to get the i-864A  for my mother or can i just leave that out? Especially confused because for part 6 question 3 i added her in because she is listed in the household members from part 5 question 3. Any help/ info would be awesome:)

hello, we were in the similar situation. we had our husband's brother as our joint sponsor. he got married last year and filed the 2016 tax jointly with his wife. we had him filled out the i864 form, signed and dated. i brought his i864, both his and his wife's w2, their 1040 form(tax return), and a photocopy of his passport biological page. 

you want your dad to fill out the i864 form without having your mother filling out the i864A, so just put N/A or none on part 6 #3-14. and for part 5 #3, put 1, because even though you are not using her income, she still has to be included in the household size. 

feel free to private message me if you need your info, just had my interview yesterday and dealt with the exact same problem. good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lumeyer said:

This may sound like I am being extra cautious but I do not want a checklist for leaving things blank, or filling in fields with N/A where I am not supposed to!

hello, my husband is my petitioner too, and i just successfully got my visa approved yesterday. i put None under part 5 #3. and for all all other fields left blank, put N/A or None, i can private message you the photos of my i864 if you want. just pm me. definitely need to be extra careful so your questions are understandable, as i also had the same questions haha 

1 hour ago, cleon86 said:

It'll be sooner than that!! :) It's almost over!! 

As a side note, I called NVC again about my fees this morning. He told me there was an issue in the month of May and IT had assured them the problem was fixed as of June 1st but that I was his second call of the day already (at 8:10 a.m. their time) about the fees. It doesn't even show up in their system that it's in process. He said to give it to the end of the 7th day (which is today for me) and if it hasn't updated then to call back tomorrow morning and ask to speak to a supervisor so they can put in a ticket to the help desk. They don't have control or own the website apparently so they have put in a help desk ticket and wait for a response. 

Looks like the problem wasn't fixed by IT after all! Super frustrating! 

yup sounds like what had happened to me but dont worry it will show up i kept checking and calling like it was a mantra lol fingers crossed for u let me know when it clears :)

1 hour ago, Dre876 said:

Can i tell you! Same here sister

girl i cant wait lol

18 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Sorry to hear this. It really does suck. I am also in Canada (although on a working visa) and, as mentioned, I didn't send in proof of residence because it was never listed as a requirement. It is very unfair to have to wait another 8-11 weeks because they didn't bother to list something as required but I got nowhere talking to them otp

dont take this the wrong way but its sort of common sense to send prof of residency when doing any type og government business birth certificates are always requested

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, zizou2017 said:

I believe...I just got a case complete. Status "at nvc" and AOS is gone...I gonna have to call and confirm.

Congrats that's a cc!

whats your scan date!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SP&SP said:

Congrats that's a cc!

whats your scan date!

Scan date April 13th.....well I sent my documents to the wrong suite, 200 instead of 100. They technically received my docs on the 10th, but they show the 13th as the scan date. Since suite 200 had to send it to suite 100. Complicated :D:D:D 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

2 hours ago, cadtousa said:

I know how painful it is to wait for another review. I have sent my document it will reach today. Hopefully, now some miracle happens and they give me a CC as to review a PR card is like just 5 mins work but for that if I have to wait for another 8-9 weeks then yes it is very frustrating. I feel sorry for you. try calling them today. I have updated the spreadsheet with new info @JBMG ....

Am so sorry to hear that!!.. I wish you get it done in a jiffy!

2 hours ago, trininurse said:

34 more days to 11 weeks cant wait for this period to be over....

you will be there sooner... don't worry

1 hour ago, zizou2017 said:

I believe...I just got a case complete. Status "at nvc" and AOS is gone...I gonna have to call and confirm.

Good Luck & Congratulations!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.