dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
Just now, argothiusz said:

Just wondering, how did you figure out what was needed or the correct form? Thanks!

When they sent me the checklist email. It specifies what they need and the name of it :)

7 hours ago, cadtousa said:

ohh man thats frustrating. hope you get it soon. try to call them every week...I will call on Monday.

Yeah, especially because nowhere on their website do they list proof of status in the country you are applying for as a necessary document. I called several times and asked to speak to a supervisor etc. and even the agent couldn't find where it said this document was needed(but she did say it was needed). Ultimately I just had/have to wait another 11 weeks because they needed a document that wasn't on the list. So frustrating. I originally send in my documents in early January so its been 5.5 months now.

They will probably come back with a checklist for something else not on their list now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Last week got checklist for birth certificate....

We cannot accept the birth certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we
can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth
in the box at the top of the page. The next page will be your country's "reciprocity schedule". Click on
"Birth, Death, Burial Certificates" on the left-hand side. This will take you to a page with the exact
requirements for the type of birth certificate you must submit to the NVC.
If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview,
you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says the:
 Translation is accurate
Translator is competent to translate

------------------

I check reciprocity page and all the items describe on that page are in the birth certificate, does anyone know if calling to nvc and speak with supervisor and explain that birth certificate is correct will help?  Lawyer send a letter explaining that certificate is correct and also sent a copy of the bc again our new scan date is june 9. I am worry I do not want to wait another 10-11 weeks to get a checklist HELP!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello you guys,

We paid for the IV fee on the 7th of this month. Today is the 12th, and it still says "processing". Is this normal? Our AOS fee was paid and accepted on the website in only two days. We are getting worried because we already sent the paperwork on the 8th, and the money has been taken out of our account, but it seems there is no movement. We don't want our package to be entered into the system before our IV application is filled out on line. Could this cause any problem? Do you guys have any suggestions for us?

Thanks,

The Goobies

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ninahuanca said:

We cannot accept the birth certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we
can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth
in the box at the top of the page. The next page will be your country's "reciprocity schedule". Click on
"Birth, Death, Burial Certificates" on the left-hand side. This will take you to a page with the exact
If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview,
you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says the:

------------------

I check reciprocity page and all the items describe on that page are in the birth certificate, does anyone know if calling to nvc and speak with supervisor and explain that birth certificate is correct will help?  Lawyer send a letter explaining that certificate is correct and also sent a copy of the bc again our new scan date is june 9. I am worry I do not want to wait another 10-11 weeks to get a checklist HELP!!!

I guess you should have tried reaching out to the supervisor before re-sending the document and having a new scan date!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
41 minutes ago, goobies said:

Hello you guys,

We paid for the IV fee on the 7th of this month. Today is the 12th, and it still says "processing". Is this normal? Our AOS fee was paid and accepted on the website in only two days. We are getting worried because we already sent the paperwork on the 8th, and the money has been taken out of our account, but it seems there is no movement. We don't want our package to be entered into the system before our IV application is filled out on line. Could this cause any problem? Do you guys have any suggestions for us?

Thanks,

The Goobies

Please try calling the NVC to clarify what went wrong with the fees. This was an issue sometime back as well, when people on this forum had the same problem with their fees being processed. Good Luck!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
58 minutes ago, goobies said:

Hello you guys,

Thanks,

The Goobies

This will not be a problem i sent my documents before i paid my iv fee.after the fee clear and you fill out the ds260 that will be your new scan date

2 hours ago, goobies said:

Hello you guys,

Thanks,

The Goobies

I was just logging on to ask the same question.  We paid our fees on the sixth and mine still says in processing this morning as well.  I'm going to call NVC this morning to ask them what the problem is. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

2 hours ago, goobies said:

Hello you guys,

Thanks,

The Goobies

OK I just got off the phone with NVC and of course she told me it can take up to a week.  I told her well OK then today has been a week what should I do?  First she asked me if I paid on a Macintosh computer and I said no .  Then she asked me if I paid using Internet Explorer and I told her no I use Google Chrome and she told me that that could be the issue and that last week they were having problems *eye roll*  she told me to email asknvc@state.gov  and to put my case number in the subject line and in the body of the email to explain what happened and how I have paid but it still shows in process and to attach the proof from my bank account that the payment came out and also to attach my receipts from the NVC website .  I'm going to do this as soon as I get to work.

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ninahuanca said:

------------------

I had a similar issue with birth certificate and no amount of calls or request for expedite processing will do.  I later accepted the fate and believed all things work together for our good and humbly sent in the requested birth certificate on 24/04....its been 7 weeks now and 4 more to go. Take heart you are almost done with all this immigration process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
35 minutes ago, zizou2017 said:

Just called and a nice rep confirmed our docs are currently at the review department. Scan date April 13. 

I'm going to call right now

scan date april 11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

hello guys, i just had my interview today in taipei, taiwan. i wrote a more detailed report on before interview preparation and what happened during the interview. i hope it's useful to some people. good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.