dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

got NVC checklist yesterday night (friday night)

scan date April 4th.

Not sure if I have to send it or I can take it in Interview.

I will confirm with NVC on Monday. For (Financial evidence) AOS and I 864 they have written that I can take it to Interview.

I am PR in Canada and I have sent that proof while I applied I-130. So dont know whether NVC gets those documents from USCIS or not.

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been

returned to the National Visa Center.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

We reviewed the Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents you submitted. While

we will schedule your case for an interview, there is something incomplete or missing. This could affect

the Consular Officer's ability to make a decision on your case.

On the attached Affidavit of Support Assessment Letter, we have put an "X" by each item you need to

correct.

If your Affidavit of Support form needs correction:

 Fill out a new form online.

 Print, sign and send the form to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the updated form to NVC.

If there are supporting documents missing:

 Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the documents to NVC.

After NVC schedules the immigrant visa interview, we will send you an appointment letter with

additional details. You do not need to contact NVC or send us additional financial information at this

time.

You can access instructions for Affidavit of Support forms and read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

online at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).

______PROOF OF APPLICANT'S CURRENT LEGAL RESIDENCE:________________

You must submit proof establishing your eligibility to be processed for an immigrant visa

in Canada. Canadian citizens can meet this requirement with copies of Canadian

passports, Canadian citizenship certificates, or birth certificates showing birth in Canada.

If you are not a Canadian citizen, you must provide us with a copy of your Landed

Immigrant papers or a copy of your visa that states that you may legally remain in Canada

for six more months. This document must indicate six months validity from the time it is

received at the NVC.

If you are currently residing in the U.S., you must provide us with a copy of your Landed

Immigrant papers or a copy of your visa valid for 6 months or more from the date the

document is received at the NVC.

If acceptable proof of eligibility is not provided as requested your case will be reassigned to process at

the Embassy/Consulate in your last country of residence.

I think you are supposed to carry the AOS to the interview! I pray that NVC confirms you the same. Good Luck!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

got NVC checklist yesterday night (friday night)

scan date April 4th.

Not sure if I have to send it or I can take it in Interview.

I will confirm with NVC on Monday. For (Financial evidence) AOS and I 864 they have written that I can take it to Interview.

I am PR in Canada and I have sent that proof while I applied I-130. So dont know whether NVC gets those documents from USCIS or not.

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been

returned to the National Visa Center.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

We reviewed the Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents you submitted. While

we will schedule your case for an interview, there is something incomplete or missing. This could affect

the Consular Officer's ability to make a decision on your case.

On the attached Affidavit of Support Assessment Letter, we have put an "X" by each item you need to

correct.

If your Affidavit of Support form needs correction:

 Fill out a new form online.

 Print, sign and send the form to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the updated form to NVC.

If there are supporting documents missing:

 Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the documents to NVC.

After NVC schedules the immigrant visa interview, we will send you an appointment letter with

additional details. You do not need to contact NVC or send us additional financial information at this

time.

You can access instructions for Affidavit of Support forms and read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

online at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).

______PROOF OF APPLICANT'S CURRENT LEGAL RESIDENCE:________________

You must submit proof establishing your eligibility to be processed for an immigrant visa

in Canada. Canadian citizens can meet this requirement with copies of Canadian

passports, Canadian citizenship certificates, or birth certificates showing birth in Canada.

If you are not a Canadian citizen, you must provide us with a copy of your Landed

Immigrant papers or a copy of your visa that states that you may legally remain in Canada

for six more months. This document must indicate six months validity from the time it is

received at the NVC.

If you are currently residing in the U.S., you must provide us with a copy of your Landed

Immigrant papers or a copy of your visa valid for 6 months or more from the date the

document is received at the NVC.

If acceptable proof of eligibility is not provided as requested your case will be reassigned to process at

the Embassy/Consulate in your last country of residence.

Yes sounds like u are to take them to the interview. Ours did not say anything about they were going to schedule. It specifically said we are to send them in to NVC.

3 minutes ago, chamma said:

I think you are supposed to carry the AOS to the interview! I pray that NVC confirms you the same. Good Luck!

Thanks Chamma. But  I am not sure about proof of residence. So I will confirm with NVC on Monday. Friday night checklist is tough we cannot get any response for 2 days.

1 minute ago, Adreamer said:

Yes sounds like u are to take them to the interview. Ours did not say anything about they were going to schedule. It specifically said we are to send them in to NVC.

Yes sounds like  I can take AOS and I 864 to Interview. But not sure about the proof of residence. 

@Adreamer for you did you also got checklist and for what reason?

Lets see I hope I get positive response on Monday from NVC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

Thanks Chamma. But  I am not sure about proof of residence. So I will confirm with NVC on Monday. Friday night checklist is tough we cannot get any response for 2 days.

Yes it is hard to wait.. :( 

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Timeline
Just now, cadtousa said:

Yes sounds like  I can take AOS and I 864 to Interview. But not sure about the proof of residence. 

@Adreamer for you did you also got checklist and for what reason?

Lets see I hope I get positive response on Monday from NVC

Yes unfortunately we received it this morning. Our checklist is for incorrect BC and police report :(

2 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Yes unfortunately we received it this morning. Our checklist is for incorrect BC and police report :(

ohh tahts sad even I got at night 3.30 am so almost saturday and we cannot call for 2 days. frustrating!

can you please ask on monday and check with supervisor if they can allow you to take it to interview.

4 minutes ago, chamma said:

Yes it is hard to wait.. :( 

yes true. I will wait till monday morning. its saturday morning right now :(

Hope I get positive response. As I have already forwarded proof of residence with my I-130 and in NVC they have not  asked for this doc. Lets see. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

ohh tahts sad even I got at night 3.30 am so almost saturday and we cannot call for 2 days. frustrating!

can you please ask on monday and check with supervisor if they can allow you to take it to interview.

Yes I definitely will ask Monday since it is going to take a couple days to get the correct documents anyway. It's sucks but everything happens for a reason and there is always someone in a worse position then us. I just thank God we are at the last step still..the last two years have been rough but we have had worse set backs then this so we will be ok 💓

Good luck to you! 

Just now, Adreamer said:

Yes I definitely will ask Monday since it is going to take a couple days to get the correct documents anyway. It's sucks but everything happens for a reason and there is always someone in a worse position then us. I just thank God we are at the last step still..the last two years have been rough but we have had worse set backs then this so we will be ok 💓

Good luck to you! 

thank you for your positive thought. that can help :) 

For me its 1 year on next tuesday as I applied on June 13th 2016 for I-130. Already got 9 months wait in I-130 for administrative process and had a rough phase.

8 hours ago, cadtousa said:

thank you for your positive thought. that can help :) 

For me its 1 year on next tuesday as I applied on June 13th 2016 for I-130. Already got 9 months wait in I-130 for administrative process and had a rough phase.

I am living in Canada and I got a checklist for Canadian proof residence. Been waiting 9 weeks since I sent this checklist item in :( That said, it sounds like you already submitted proof of residence before and also I think it is luck of the draw whether they make you resubmit or allow you to take to interview?

12 hours ago, enigma992 said:

I am living in Canada and I got a checklist for Canadian proof residence. Been waiting 9 weeks since I sent this checklist item in :( That said, it sounds like you already submitted proof of residence before and also I think it is luck of the draw whether they make you resubmit or allow you to take to interview?

ohh man thats frustrating. hope you get it soon. try to call them every week...I will call on Monday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.