dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
1 hour ago, terrificlady said:

Scan Date March 28 2017

I called NVC this morning and got Case complete on the 6 June, 2017.  Now I am awaiting the interview date!  I hope its sooner rather than later.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview date in Belize?

Girl, I'm waiting for a interview date as well! I got a CC on 6/2. I'm filing for my husband

My mom when she did her documents for us years ago said that she didn't receive any mail and she just walked into the consulate and did her interview but this was in the 90s

I called Belmopan yesterday and they said I have to wait for the NVC, things have changed up! This thing got me frustrated.

Edited by naomi.tialewis.95

6 hours ago, JBMG said:

Just added two new columns ("AG" and "AH") to our spreadsheet. Making it easier to quickly reference how many days/weeks we're out from our scan date. 

SD - Today (Days) SD - Today (weeks)

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

great job as usual

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes, we got a Case Complete as of June 7th. Scan date April 5th. I filled out a new questionnaire 😊

Married May 14, 2011

NOA 1: August 2, 2016

NOA 2: February 9, 2017

Scan date for NVC: April 5, 2017

Case Complete at NVC: June 7, 2017, checklist for W2s to take to interview

Medical scheduled for July 6, 2017

Interview in Ankara: July 19, 2017

Visa arrived July 21, 2017

Tickets bought for POE in September 2017! Can't wait!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Mavikobalt said:

Yes, we got a Case Complete as of June 7th. Scan date April 5th. I filled out a new questionnaire 😊

Congrats again on your CC and for your update on the spreadsheet. Please keep your questionnaire email confirmation.. This way, when you get your interview date, you can edit your questionnaire with that info versus filling out a new one. 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@David Abreu ` The timeframe is 11 weeks from your scan date. Receive date and scan date can some times differ by a few days. You can call NVC and ask them for your Scan date and calculate 11 weeks from that date. Based on current updates it looks like 9 to 11 weeks on average from SD to CC. Hope this helps!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everybody, 

I am applying for my wife who lives in China, 

Our case finally was transferred to NVC on May 18th and am still waiting for the welcome letter. I heard that i can call and talk to the AVM and get my case number from NVC but each time i call it always puts me on hold to talk to a representative. How exactly do I get the case number should i just wait it out and talk to them, usually i hang up after 30 mins or so. and what is the timeframe these days to get the welcome packet? any replies would be very helpful thanks:)

13 hours ago, kunzie11 said:

@David Abreu ` The timeframe is 11 weeks from your scan date. Receive date and scan date can some times differ by a few days. You can call NVC and ask them for your Scan date and calculate 11 weeks from that date. Based on current updates it looks like 9 to 11 weeks on average from SD to CC. Hope this helps!

From all the different case status of other people on this forum, looks like the time it takes from scan date to case complete is about 60 days on an average. My second scan date after checklist is 05/15. Hopefully my CC would be in July- fingers crossed. 

5 hours ago, sunny01 said:

Hi everybody, 

Our case finally was transferred to NVC on May 18th and am still waiting for the welcome letter. I heard that i can call and talk to the AVM and get my case number from NVC but each time i call it always puts me on hold to talk to a representative. How exactly do I get the case number should i just wait it out and talk to them, usually i hang up after 30 mins or so. and what is the timeframe these days to get the welcome packet? any replies would be very helpful thanks:)

Good Morning! Yes, the wait time is very long. Each time I called I waited about 25-35 minutes. If you keep holding they will eventually pick up. You can get your case # and invoice # over the phone this way but you won't be able to actually do anything with this information until you receive the welcome letter. I thought that if I had the case and invoice number I could go ahead and log in and pay the fees but apparently that's not how it works. I was able to log in but the fees were grayed out and didn't actually open up to be paid until the welcome email was received.  I got the welcome email exactly 2 weeks after they received our case.

I'm editing my reply because I realized they received your case the 18th which means you should have already received the welcome email. If you haven't, this might mean they don't have a good email address on file for you. You need to call back and press #1 for English and then #2 to speak with a rep and stay on hold until you speak to someone. Good luck! 

Edited by cleon86

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Timeline
13 hours ago, sunny01 said:

Hi everybody, 

Hello, You should be able to call in and ask for the case number in two to three weeks after your I-130 is approved (That's what I did). If you provide an email address, NVC will send everything to you by email.

Calling NVC can be very helpful comparing to USCIS, but you need to be very patient. I usually call very early in the morning or late at night to avoid long wait, usually you will be able to talk to someone within 20 min. If you can during the date time, it can take forever. The longest I waited was 45 mins. because of the high volume of call they receive, you wont even get in sometimes if you call during the day. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, cleon86 said:

Good Morning! Yes, the wait time is very long. Each time I called I waited about 25-35 minutes. If you keep holding they will eventually pick up. You can get your case # and invoice # over the phone this way but you won't be able to actually do anything with this information until you receive the welcome letter. I thought that if I had the case and invoice number I could go ahead and log in and pay the fees but apparently that's not how it works. I was able to log in but the fees were grayed out and didn't actually open up to be paid until the welcome email was received.  I got the welcome email exactly 2 weeks after they received our case.

I'm editing my reply because I realized they received your case the 18th which means you should have already received the welcome email. If you haven't, this might mean they don't have a good email address on file for you. You need to call back and press #1 for English and then #2 to speak with a rep and stay on hold until you speak to someone. Good luck! 

Thanks so much for the reply. I got the welcome letter in the mail today it was 3 weeks plus one day after uscis sent it over to nvc. Very happy the process is moving along. thanks again so much for the info. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, NE Aug filer said:

Hello, You should be able to call in and ask for the case number in two to three weeks after your I-130 is approved (That's what I did). If you provide an email address, NVC will send everything to you by email.

Calling NVC can be very helpful comparing to USCIS, but you need to be very patient. I usually call very early in the morning or late at night to avoid long wait, usually you will be able to talk to someone within 20 min. If you can during the date time, it can take forever. The longest I waited was 45 mins. because of the high volume of call they receive, you wont even get in sometimes if you call during the day. 

Thank you so much for the reply, I got the welcome letter in the mail haha kind of a coincidence just as i started worrying about it it shows up. thanks again:)

got NVC checklist yesterday night (friday night)

scan date April 4th.

Not sure if I have to send it or I can take it in Interview.

I will confirm with NVC on Monday. For (Financial evidence) AOS and I 864 they have written that I can take it to Interview.

I am PR in Canada and I have sent that proof while I applied I-130. So dont know whether NVC gets those documents from USCIS or not.

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been

returned to the National Visa Center.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

We reviewed the Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents you submitted. While

we will schedule your case for an interview, there is something incomplete or missing. This could affect

the Consular Officer's ability to make a decision on your case.

On the attached Affidavit of Support Assessment Letter, we have put an "X" by each item you need to

correct.

If your Affidavit of Support form needs correction:

 Fill out a new form online.

 Print, sign and send the form to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the updated form to NVC.

If there are supporting documents missing:

 Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the documents to NVC.

After NVC schedules the immigrant visa interview, we will send you an appointment letter with

additional details. You do not need to contact NVC or send us additional financial information at this

time.

You can access instructions for Affidavit of Support forms and read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

online at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).

______PROOF OF APPLICANT'S CURRENT LEGAL RESIDENCE:________________

You must submit proof establishing your eligibility to be processed for an immigrant visa

in Canada. Canadian citizens can meet this requirement with copies of Canadian

passports, Canadian citizenship certificates, or birth certificates showing birth in Canada.

If you are not a Canadian citizen, you must provide us with a copy of your Landed

Immigrant papers or a copy of your visa that states that you may legally remain in Canada

for six more months. This document must indicate six months validity from the time it is

received at the NVC.

If you are currently residing in the U.S., you must provide us with a copy of your Landed

Immigrant papers or a copy of your visa valid for 6 months or more from the date the

document is received at the NVC.

If acceptable proof of eligibility is not provided as requested your case will be reassigned to process at

the Embassy/Consulate in your last country of residence.

Edited by cadtousa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.