2,532 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Bella1464 said:

I have that app, but no idea where you see it...I'm not that bright I guess..I want to see the WAC cases approved or any movements Lol

at the bottom, you can see several icons there, second from the left is "search", you can search all the cases

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/form-i-751-data-entry-delay-california-service-center

USCIS’ California Service Center (CSC) is experiencing a delay in initial data entry for Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Since initial data entry has to be completed before a receipt notice can be issued, some petitioners and their dependents may experience a delay in receiving a receipt notice for a Form I-751 submitted to the CSC.

If you submitted a Form I-751 to the CSC in May 2018 and you have not received a receipt notice, do not file a duplicate Form I-751 unless you have received a rejection notice or have been instructed to do so by the CSC.

The CSC is working to complete data entry of these petitions by the end of June 2018, and will issue another web alert once initial data entry has returned to normal. Petitioners will receive a receipt notice once their data is entered into USCIS systems.

If your 2-year green card has expired, you should call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY for people with hearing or speech disabilities: 1-800-767-1833). The USCIS Contact Center will setup an appointment for you and any eligible dependents at your local field office. If possible, bring evidence that you sent your Form I-751 via USPS or courier service, such as FedEx.

For more information, visit our website.

a friend just sent me this screenshot showing her case was updated earlier today: name was updated.

the interesting part is on "Next Steps: we will review your request for a data change. If needed, we will make the change"  Does anyone know what that means or received similar one?

5b215ebedd056_0BG67_XJ0YL)GMSK6L7.png.0c58ac6bb49ce6aaf38975b661314493.png

2 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

a friend just sent me this screenshot showing her case was updated earlier today: name was updated.

the interesting part is on "Next Steps: we will review your request for a data change. If needed, we will make the change"  Does anyone know what that means or received similar one?

5b215ebedd056_0BG67_XJ0YL)GMSK6L7.png.0c58ac6bb49ce6aaf38975b661314493.png

I have not, but I hear it means it's approved. Lucky her and you too. You are Vermont filers....

1 minute ago, Bella1464 said:

I have not, but I hear it means it's approved. Lucky her and you too. You are Vermont filers....

yeah, i am one of vermont filers, but who knows how long it will take, all we can do is to sit tight, and keep fingers crossed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, stomo said:

I was eligible at the end of May.  I was going to wait to have my 10 yr GC in my hand because i travel out of the country (about 3 times a year).  However, since the update with the new extension letter being sent out I decided to apply for Citizenship before I get my I-751 approval.  I have completed the form online - it was easy, and an in the process of uploading the documents.  Again, that's easy it's just my husband keeps them all scanned and I need him to send me the copies lol.  So I should be submitting mine later today.  

Wow...your husband is great!! Very easy then...of course the payment is the easiest of all..they take the $795 directly out out of your current account or credit card...just like that too...LOL. Now, if they could only work faster to approve!

6 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Wow...your husband is great!! Very easy then...of course the payment is the easiest of all..they take the $795 directly out out of your current account or credit card...just like that too...LOL. Now, if they could only work faster to approve!

My husband does NOT have the slightest idea of this whole process! :o He is great but not with anything document related, LOL! :D Thank goodness for this forum, I get to talk to people who can answer my questions!

21 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Ha ha - handy right! He is annul about that stuff so it’s good for me as im more unorganized! Yeah - that’s been The only quick part of this process - taking our $! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, stomo said:

Ha ha - handy right! He is annul about that stuff so it’s good for me as im more unorganized! Yeah - that’s been The only quick part of this process - taking our $! 

Being organised, being patient, being 100% honest with them (and in life one hopes), having VJ and the marvelous people...well most on this site and live and let live are the prerequisites to US Immigration and K1s etc.....

With the enormous help people have given us, I have decided once I am done with this USCIS, I will definitely stay on and help others on here for sure...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/11/2018 at 8:42 AM, phem0r said:

We filed I-751 on 6/4/17 and received I-797 NOA with Receipt Date of 6/8/17 with my 1 year extension. We received my I-797C NOA biometrics appointment letter dated 6/17/17 for an appointment on 7/3/17 which was completed.

My GC's 1 year extension expires on 8/11/18. At what point should i file for I-551 InfoPass stamp in my passport?

The officer i was talking to 2 weeks ago informed me my GC Extension expired on July 12 2018 and that I was within the 45 days window  

prior to expiration and I can schedule my Infopass appointment for my I-551 stamp . Good Luck

Timeline
1 hour ago, NYCruiser said:

Being organised, being patient, being 100% honest with them (and in life one hopes), having VJ and the marvelous people...well most on this site and live and let live are the prerequisites to US Immigration and K1s etc.....

With the enormous help people have given us, I have decided once I am done with this USCIS, I will definitely stay on and help others on here for sure...

Yes, I totally agree that as excited as we are to get on with our lives and not have to worry about forms and info passes, etc. It will drive you AND your spouse crazy  checking the mail,email and  status every morning and afternoon, evening. I'm sure they are overwhelmed with all the workload and files they receive everyday from people like us. I have decided to relax and be patient . As long as I my work/travel Visa I am happy. Sometimes a little confused but I also am thankful for everyone on Visa Journey that has been a godsend with settling my nerves and questions . Its alot of reading and concentration for sure. 

Timeline
On 6/12/2018 at 12:00 PM, gc@gc said:

I got my i-551 stamp in April while my extension expires on Aug

I dont really feel comfortable to travel out of the States with extension letter. 

can you tell me what all i need for my Appointment to get my I-551 stamp . My appointment is in 10 days. Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, faith spatz said:

can you tell me what all i need for my Appointment to get my I-551 stamp . My appointment is in 10 days. Thanks in advance

gc, extension letter,  airline ticket/reservation if you are traveling, of cause, also your passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.