2,532 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, stomo said:

Hi, where do you get this info from?  I am 17-245 and do not have an approval or any notification as yet.  So they are not completely going in order.  Thanks! 

you can get all those info from the case tracker app,  even though uscis doesnt really keep information updated, it seems

5 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

yeah, now they have less pressure and it would take much longer for them to process cases

Couldnt have said it better myself. These stamps and extension letters just allow them to take longer and longer to process these cases. Im not holding my breath. I'm going to apply for N-400 the second i become eligible. Can't rely on USCIS to make a smart decision.. because they have a wonderful history of making bad ones.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in a week while my I-751 is pending! What are your guy's thoughts about filling the form online? Has anyone done it online? 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

Date Filed:06/21/18

Bio:08/17/18 

N400 Timeline:

Date Filed: 07/02/18

NOA Online: 07/03/18

NOA in Mail: 07/07/18

Bio: 07/24/18

Interview: 07/12/19

20 hours ago, gc@gc said:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services <uscis@public.govdelivery.com>

Jun 12 at 12:03 PM

As of June 11, 2018, petitioners who file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, or Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status, will receive a Form I-797 receipt notice that can be presented with their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card, as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on their Permanent Resident Card.

We are making the change from 12 to 18 months because current processing times for Form I-751 and Form I-829 have increased over the past year.

Additionally, we will issue new Form I-797 receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents whose Form I-751 or I-829 was still pending as of June 11, 2018. Those Form I-797 receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card.

As a reminder, conditional permanent residents who plan to be outside of the United States for a year or more should apply for a reentry permit by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, before leaving the country. Read more information on our Green Card webpage.

To learn more, visit our website.

Thanks gc! I was getting ready for the mad scramble of grabbing an infopass appointment to get the i-551 stamp (extension expires mid-July), but now I can just wait for the new i-797 instead :)

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, goldenaida said:

I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in a week while my I-751 is pending! What are your guy's thoughts about filling the form online? Has anyone done it online? 

I just applied for the N-400 online yesterday (my first day of eligibility). Estimated completion time (this seems to be a new field, since i don't see it for my I-751 applications) is showing Sept 2019 (19 months!!!!)

Ugh.

As far as the process itself, very straightforward, and i actually much prefer this to the paper based application because i was always unsure there whether to leave certain fields blank or marked N/A etc. 

Also being able to upload all my docs (which are scanned already) was so much better than a large stack of printouts. Also, i remember during my I-751 application process (June 2017) there were people on the group for whom USCIS claimed they didn't receive their packets etc, and there's no way the Post Office can eff up here.

Just my $0.02.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
7 hours ago, goldenaida said:

Hello, yes we applied online. Fast, very easy to use and great interface with easy to fill in information. You can start it whenever you want, just update once every three weeks or it will cancel out before you submit. You also scan and upload documents to USCIS site.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
36 minutes ago, pastorom said:

I just applied for the N-400 online yesterday (my first day of eligibility). Estimated completion time (this seems to be a new field, since i don't see it for my I-751 applications) is showing Sept 2019 (19 months!!!!)

Ugh.

As far as the process itself, very straightforward, and i actually much prefer this to the paper based application because i was always unsure there whether to leave certain fields blank or marked N/A etc. 

Also being able to upload all my docs (which are scanned already) was so much better than a large stack of printouts. Also, i remember during my I-751 application process (June 2017) there were people on the group for whom USCIS claimed they didn't receive their packets etc, and there's no way the Post Office can eff up here.

Just my $0.02.

After the biometrics hit their system, they changed mine from 12 months processing time to 8 months. Lets see what happens to yours.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
53 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Hello, yes we applied online. Fast, very easy to use and great interface with easy to fill in information. You can start it whenever you want, just update once every three weeks or it will cancel out before you submit. You also scan and upload documents to USCIS site.

Good luck

do you have to submit evidences? I submitted almost everything i've gathered over the years on my ROC package

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

9 hours ago, goldenaida said:

I was eligible at the end of May.  I was going to wait to have my 10 yr GC in my hand because i travel out of the country (about 3 times a year).  However, since the update with the new extension letter being sent out I decided to apply for Citizenship before I get my I-751 approval.  I have completed the form online - it was easy, and an in the process of uploading the documents.  Again, that's easy it's just my husband keeps them all scanned and I need him to send me the copies lol.  So I should be submitting mine later today.  

as of today, among 17251's 206 EAC cases,

4 cases as name was updated (5/23; 5/27; 6/1; and 6/13)

2 case as card is being produced; (6/11 and 6/12)

2 case as RAF;

1 case as card was picked up by usps (6/12)

those were shown on case tracker app,  most likely there are many cases that uscis has not updated yet

Edited by gc@gc

36 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

as of today, among 17251's 206 EAC cases,

4 cases as name was updated (5/23; 5/27; 6/1; and 6/13)

2 case as card is being produced; (6/11 and 6/12)

2 case as RAF;

1 case as card was picked up by usps (6/12)

those were shown on case tracker app,  most likely there are many cases that uscis has not updated yet

I have that app, but no idea where you see it...I'm not that bright I guess..I want to see the WAC cases approved or any movements Lol

I know this isn't the right place to ask but I know a few of you guys have filed for N400 online recently. Currently it is determining if I'm eligible to apply online and one of the questions is: Have you left the United States in the past 3 years? What does this mean exactly? I have lived inside the USA for last 3 years but I have taken holidays to see family so do I say 'Yes'?

8 minutes ago, Whitehead said:

I know this isn't the right place to ask but I know a few of you guys have filed for N400 online recently. Currently it is determining if I'm eligible to apply online and one of the questions is: Have you left the United States in the past 3 years? What does this mean exactly? I have lived inside the USA for last 3 years but I have taken holidays to see family so do I say 'Yes'?

I gave the dates for 3 years and just didn't do anything for the last two.  So say yes and put the dates in your traveled over the 3 years. 

2 minutes ago, stomo said:

I gave the dates for 3 years and just didn't do anything for the last two.  So say yes and put the dates in your traveled over the 3 years. 

Thanks Stomo for your advice. I just found out I can't apply for my N400 yet because I moved recently to a new state so have to wait for another 2 months before I can file... :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.