Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 hours ago, gc@gc said:

as of today, among 17251's 206 cases,

3 cases as name was updated;

2 case as card is being produced;

2 case as RAF;

1 case as card was mailed to me

So, I still didnt get clarity (Ive asked this before), the next update before card is being produced should be the name change status??

15 hours ago, Whitehead said:

Who else checks their case status update about 5 times a day at the moment. I'm running out of patience!

15 hours ago, charmed2006 said:

Me. 

I do not know what to do, as I am transitioning jobs. I am dying to receive my 10 year GC. Lol

Both of your comments brought a smile to my face.  Good to see we are not alone :) 

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

On 6/8/2018 at 5:50 PM, littleitaly said:

some interesting information gathered at my info pass appointment today

1) the stamp on my passport has expiration date 1 year from today, not 1 year from the GC expiration date

2) the officer told me: great news! the Socal office is processing your case. I asked her, you mean the SF office(since my online status shows case received by my local office), and she said no, the office which issued the extension letter is processing my case but she could not see how much longer it will take

I also told her I applied for N400, not sure if that will speed things up

info pass process is very easy, in and out within 30mins, and yes you can bring your phone and purse, and it's okay to use it.

She did ask me if I have any near future travel plan and i said yes.

I assume you are a June filer as well...So you can schedule a infopass now?! I thought it will have to be closer to the GC expiration that letter shows. My letter was issued 6/27/2017 stating the extension is good for a year from the GC date..Thought that was pretty clear to me, but now I am confused...From the date of that letter or from GC date?! If going on of that letter, then I need to get a stamp soon

57 minutes ago, Bella1464 said:

I assume you are a June filer as well...So you can schedule a infopass now?! I thought it will have to be closer to the GC expiration that letter shows. My letter was issued 6/27/2017 stating the extension is good for a year from the GC date..Thought that was pretty clear to me, but now I am confused...From the date of that letter or from GC date?! If going on of that letter, then I need to get a stamp soon

I got my i-551 stamp in April while my extension expires on Aug

I dont really feel comfortable to travel out of the States with extension letter. 

2 hours ago, Teamsami said:

So, I still didnt get clarity (Ive asked this before), the next update before card is being produced should be the name change status??

it should be, logically, but hey, who knows, we are dealing uscis here

17 hours ago, charmed2006 said:

Me. 

I do not know what to do, as I am transitioning jobs. I am dying to receive my 10 year GC. Lol

I feel your pain..I'm  a March 2017 filer got approved in April. Still haven't received my 10 year GC..They told me to file for the I-90, so I did <_<. Going to call them now to request an expedite. I just got a new job and it didn't effect anything luckily, all they needed was SSN and DL. 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services <uscis@public.govdelivery.com>

Jun 12 at 12:03 PM

As of June 11, 2018, petitioners who file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, or Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status, will receive a Form I-797 receipt notice that can be presented with their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card, as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on their Permanent Resident Card.

We are making the change from 12 to 18 months because current processing times for Form I-751 and Form I-829 have increased over the past year.

Additionally, we will issue new Form I-797 receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents whose Form I-751 or I-829 was still pending as of June 11, 2018. Those Form I-797 receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card.

As a reminder, conditional permanent residents who plan to be outside of the United States for a year or more should apply for a reentry permit by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, before leaving the country. Read more information on our Green Card webpage.

To learn more, visit our website.

Edited by gc@gc

20 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

As of June 11, 2018, petitioners who file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, or Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status, will receive a Form I-797 receipt notice that can be presented with their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card, as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on their Permanent Resident Card.

We are making the change from 12 to 18 months because current processing times for Form I-751 and Form I-829 have increased over the past year.

Additionally, we will issue new Form I-797 receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents whose Form I-751 or I-829 was still pending as of June 11, 2018. Those Form I-797 receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card.

As a reminder, conditional permanent residents who plan to be outside of the United States for a year or more should apply for a reentry permit by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, before leaving the country. Read more information on our Green Card webpage.

Thank you for this update. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
35 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

Oh boy....this means huge delays then....makes sense completely though. 

48 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

I got my i-551 stamp in April while my extension expires on Aug

I dont really feel comfortable to travel out of the States with extension letter. 

Makes complete sense. Exactly what I was saying to my friends when they were planning a group vacation. Only I'm too afraid to travel out of country while I'm pending period. Silly probably....

41 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. That probably means that anyone getting a stamp after this update will get it for 18 months. Nice! I scheduled infopass for 6/15/2018...I wanted to cancel it thinking it too soon, but I would rather get that stamp if they allow it. Again, thank you for the helpful information gc@gc 

Amr0119, interview never shows on uscis case status, at least in my case. Never had interview scheduled, in line for interview, interview completed or nothing mentioning the interview, and when i was calling the 800 number they didnt even know i had an interview. Didnt recieve transfer to local office notice either. Only transfer to nbc 40days after interview and 35days later approval showed on case status

21 hours ago, gc@gc said:

as of today, among 17251's 206 cases,

3 cases as name was updated;

2 case as card is being produced;

2 case as RAF;

1 case as card was mailed to me

Hi, where do you get this info from?  I am 17-245 and do not have an approval or any notification as yet.  So they are not completely going in order.  Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.