2,532 posts in this topic

Question for those that got their approval - was there any issues delivering the GC?  I got my Approval letter about 4 days after I got my green card being produced notice.  I also received a notification that my GC is at the Post Office and a tracking number, but it says it's being held at the request of the customer....which I assume is the sender?  Just wondering what that means! 

5 minutes ago, Ejazsaiyed said:

Hi guys I applied for I 751 back in June 2017. I just checked USCIS DHS website says New card being produced but Case Tracker app and case status website doesnt show any update. I m confuse, Which site should I believe, M i actully approved? Please reply ASAP

i wouldnt rely on case tracker app, which is a third party app,  they are not really accurate. if dhs site tells you are approved, then you are approved.  this long process things at uscis drives people crazy,  people just have to stay calm

dhs site is supposed to be much more accurate, but i noticed it has been acting weird lately.

5 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

i wouldnt rely on case tracker app, which is a third party app,  they are not really accurate. if dhs site tells you are approved, then you are approved.  this long process things at uscis drives people crazy,  people just have to stay calm

dhs site is supposed to be much more accurate, but i noticed it has been acting weird lately.

Yes DHS web says My card is being produced.! I m trying not to get too excited since all three website says three different updates

2 hours ago, gc@gc said:

Can you elaborate.  What makes you think it's acting weird?  Just what is going on?  

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

5 hours ago, stomo said:

Question for those that got their approval - was there any issues delivering the GC?  I got my Approval letter about 4 days after I got my green card being produced notice.  I also received a notification that my GC is at the Post Office and a tracking number, but it says it's being held at the request of the customer....which I assume is the sender?  Just wondering what that means! 

I had no problem with mine being delivered. I got the update with the tracking number, and it came with my regular mail. But, I was surprised that no signature was required! I went out to meet the mail carrier and fully expected to have to sign, but nope, she just handed it right to me. Maybe yours does require a signature? I'd go to the post office and ask to pick it up. 

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Ejazsaiyed said:

Hi guys I applied for I 751 back in June 2017. I just checked USCIS DHS website says New card being produced but Case Tracker app and case status website doesnt show any update. I m confuse, Which site should I believe, M i actully approved? Please reply ASAP

Hey, what is your NOA date? Thank you!!!

34 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

Can you elaborate.  What makes you think it's acting weird?  Just what is going on?  

it took several days for dhs site to update while uscis had updated several days earlier, for one

second:  dhs site shows exact updates several times on the same day

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I wanted to share my experience from today with you guys. I went to my field office today and my green card expires 19th of September, he stamped my passport for a full year from today's date and got my green card. He was nice enough to print a copy of my green card and give the copy to me :) I had some questions about N400 form which I asked and after I got home applied for N400 online. The officer told me that they prefer people applying online, that's why they started letting people file it online. He also told me for CSC I should be expecting a 10-year green card around February of 2019 !!! Btw I filed my I-751 back in June 2017. 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

Date Filed:06/21/18

Bio:08/17/18 

N400 Timeline:

Date Filed: 07/02/18

NOA Online: 07/03/18

NOA in Mail: 07/07/18

Bio: 07/24/18

Interview: 07/12/19

7 minutes ago, goldenaida said:

I wanted to share my experience from today with you guys. I went to my field office today and my green card expires 19th of September, he stamped my passport for a full year from today's date and got my green card. He was nice enough to print a copy of my green card and give the copy to me :) I had some questions about N400 form which I asked and after I got home applied for N400 online. The officer told me that they prefer people applying online, that's why they started letting people file it online. He also told me for CSC I should be expecting a 10-year green card around February of 2019 !!! Btw I filed my I-751 back in June 2017. 

This is good information.  Thanks for sharing @goldenaida :) 

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, goldenaida said:

Hello, my Green card date of expiration was last year August 28th. The letter of extension expires August 27th of this year. We just made an appoinment for July 19th to get that stamp. I thought you can only go one month before the expiry?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
11 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Hello, my Green card date of expiration was last year August 28th. The letter of extension expires August 27th of this year. We just made an appoinment for July 19th to get that stamp. I thought you can only go one month before the expiry?

Hi, I read a lot about only being able to get the stamp 30 days before expiration date here in VisaJourney, but with my field office is very hard to get an appointment and I got one for today. I was ready to beg the officer if he refused to stamp my passport because field office is also very far from my house and I had to get the day off from work, but luckily he didn't even say anything and just stamped it. He also mentioned that they started to send the new extension letters to people. I think it's really up to the officer and most of them understand our situation.

ROC Timeline:

CSC

Date Filed:06/21/18

Bio:08/17/18 

N400 Timeline:

Date Filed: 07/02/18

NOA Online: 07/03/18

NOA in Mail: 07/07/18

Bio: 07/24/18

Interview: 07/12/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.