arwensun1965

I cannot bloody well believe this

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

:angry:

Talk about flipping angry, first of all our case is NOT APPROVED because THEY gave us the wrong bloody case number and this woman I have just spoken too was way rude I mean over the bloody top rude. Our case number will not register on there web site, I told the lady this, she just said she had other callers waiting and that my husband should call as she would not give me any other information, which is fine but she could not speak proper English to me it was all broken English, I said that I could not understand her, at that point she shouted at me, I just sat on the other end of the telephone kinda speechless (which is unusual for me) I tried to explain that it was there office which gave us the wrong case number in the first place (big mistake) oh woe betide anyone who accuses them of incompetence, she then gives us this other case number which will not go into there system. I phoned my husband up and told him what had happened and he is fuming. Jon is going to phone them and demand an answer to all this mess which they have caused and if he does not get anything satisfactory he is going to phone his Senator tomorrow.

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Talk about flipping angry, first of all our case is NOT APPROVED because THEY gave us the wrong bloody case number and this woman I have just spoken too was way rude I mean over the bloody top rude. Our case number will not register on there web site, I told the lady this, she just said she had other callers waiting and that my husband should call as she would not give me any other information, which is fine but she could not speak proper English to me it was all broken English, I said that I could not understand her, at that point she shouted at me, I just sat on the other end of the telephone kinda speechless (which is unusual for me) I tried to explain that it was there office which gave us the wrong case number in the first place (big mistake) oh woe betide anyone who accuses them of incompetence, she then gives us this other case number which will not go into there system. I phoned my husband up and told him what had happened and he is fuming. Jon is going to phone them and demand an answer to all this mess which they have caused and if he does not get anything satisfactory he is going to phone his Senator tomorrow.

hi,i understand,when i got denied ,i asked what i should do and was told ,TIME TO GO HOME !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel you. They are very rude!!! I had to speak to someone week also and the whole phone call was a mess. The lady had no idea what to say or how to help me so I just hung and called again.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

I feel you. They are very rude!!! I had to speak to someone week also and the whole phone call was a mess. The lady had no idea what to say or how to help me so I just hung and called again.

what you have to realise is ,the people we talk to are NOT immigration officers ,this in itself is wrong,i was told a while back that i was ok to travel to the UK after extending my i-94 ,i was told ,and had witnesses as i had my phone on speaker ,that ,YES ,it would be ok to travel ,.my wife was dubious and arranged an info pass for me ,i was told there that i could not travel .GOOD JOB I GOT A SECOND OPINION !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I wonder if you call and tell them, " This is Attorney Robert Jones representing my client, x, and I need to inquire about my client's case, etc..etc..." I wonder if that will make them less rude.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Rather doubtful

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Also a bit fraudulent....or a case mis-representation to say the least!?

Not really fraudalent. I was watching this show on the Discovery Channel about a private investigator who do these things all the time. He didn't get arrested or anything. Well, not to USCIS, but he did it at police stations to get police records, city hall, telephone companies...Or was it on ABC special? I don't remember, it was awhile back.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Also a bit fraudulent....or a case mis-representation to say the least!?

Not really fraudalent. I was watching this show on the Discovery Channel about a private investigator who do these things all the time. He didn't get arrested or anything. Well, not to USCIS, but he did it at police stations to get police records, city hall, telephone companies...Or was it on ABC special? I don't remember, it was awhile back.

i kind of understand thats its so frustrating, but that advice is ridiculous. it is totally fraudulent. are you sure it wasnt some kind of steven seagal movie you watching instead???

janice, i feel for ya, we've been bloody waiting since nov 06. i got pisse off yesterday so i mailed and then called our senator. his office is now on the case. not sure how long it takes for them to get an answer from Vermont, but I may try the senator tonorrow or monday. if they can give me a rough idea of when we may be approved, i'll be contant with that.

she did quote the timelines for the uscis Vt, but i said id heard of approvals since march 06. fingers crossed.

as for yours, maybe its a # that hasnt been entered into the system yet?

i think the next step is deffo the senator for you. dont follow the (b)advice of immitating a Govt authority, but im sure you wouldnt anyway. :thumbs:

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Hmm...Well, if you don't believe me. Let me see if Youtube has it. It was one of those primetime specials.

im not saying i dont believe you. there are probably dozens of Magnum P.I. types that obtain records 'illegally'. i've no doubt it happens. getting traffic records or unpaid fines, etc is one thing for taking a risk. posing as a senator is another!

the advice that you were tipping janice's way is that its possible to pose as a govt figure or something akin and chase up the records.

you know that this is illegal...and especially on an immigration case. im not a lawyer, its just friggin' common sense!!!

i think if you queried doing that with a senators office, i doubt they'd even credit you with a response.

in the uk, its fraud, and depending what dept you do it with, and how serious it is, you can certainly go down for it.

you're telling me the usa is different??????

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you get your NOA1 in the mail? I still haven't gotten mine even though I called them almost a month ago to let them know I hadn't received it. When they gave me the receipt # over the phone, it was different from the # I thought I had on the cancelled check. So now I'm a little bit nervous about my receipt # because I don't have my NOA1 to see if that is the correct #. :wacko:

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ohh i feel too sad when people behave rudely n the probm lies with them

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

ok quick update

Jon phoned USCIS and as per usual got a different person, he told them of the problem yet again but this time assured the person that if this problem was not resolved then he would ring his senator to which the person said he would resolve the issue with the glitch today. The person at USCIS did say that if Jon had not phoned then our case would more than likely sit there for months because he could not get my name to register with the case number they gave us (well duh). Jon said to me he will give them until Tuesday and if things have not improved then he will ring his senator.

No we did not get an NOA1 for mine, we did for my daughter but nothing for me.

Richi hehehehe we will not go the ( I am a Lawyer) route lmao

Edited by arwensun1965

Another quick update.........

Checked on line today with the case number they gave us and YES it registered so hopefully everything is fine now, Jon has said he will ring them again about the NOA1 and see what has happened to it. SO all it takes is a threat to speak to the Senator, it is a ridiculous situation to be in, why could they not of done the glitch in the first place is beyond me instead of numerous phone calls and a threat to call the Senator!!!!!

Janice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.