IAMX

US declines to endorse Paris Climate agreement [merged threads]

217 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

What did you think? 

David is on your bucket list???? Hahahaha that made me laugh. Davao is really nice, not just the city but the region as a whole. I fully recommend going to Samal Island if you go. 

Spell check sucks l. 

7 minutes ago, Leon & Mylen said:

Indeed.  I certainly I do not pretend to be smarter than the climatologists.  

I just chose to listen to the right people.

Rather than Grandpa, Pastor Jim, Sean Hannity, corporate-fed politicians, random internet posters, whoever.

And I'm sure Bill Nye would say the same in that he is not the authority on the matter.

Don't confuse the messengers for their source.

I totally agree with you on this. I do not pretend to be smarter than I am and I will freely admit when I don't know about a subject. 

I do listen to just anybody either or any one news source at all, I have said that numerous times on here when people try to paint me into a small box. I have an open mind and I will follow the news, and the sources to WHEREVER THEY LEAD. 

Just now, Nature Boy Flair said:

Spell check sucks l. 

I know if you remember it's got me a few times as well. I got a new phone and the spell check sucks with it.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I know if you remember it's got me a few times as well. I got a new phone and the spell check sucks with it.. 

If you have Android I recommend either the Google keyboard or Swiftkey if you don't like/trust Google's use of your data. I often use a lot of nasty words that the keyboard doesn't cover, I just teach it to like them, and they learn well. Goes great too in political discussions that get recycled/go full circle every few months.

Edited by IAMX

1 minute ago, IAMX said:

If you have Android I recommend either the Google keyboard or Swiftkey if you don't like/trust Google's use of your data. I often use a lot of nasty words that the keyboard doesn't cover, I just teach it to like them, and they learn well. Goes great too in political discussions that get recycled/go full circle every few months.

I will look into that. Yeah it does wrong spell check and predictive text on a number of widely used words. Then I have to teach it some Tagalog and Bisaya that I text my wife, so it takes some time. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I will look into that. Yeah it does wrong spell check and predictive text on a number of widely used words. Then I have to teach it some Tagalog and Bisaya that I text my wife, so it takes some time. 

I've used this for multiple languages as well. I especially used those keyboards for a dialect of German (Bayerisch) because Hochdeutsch is for Breißn (Prussians). ;)

The keyboards can do multiple languages, and they learn well.. I tried Swype but I can't do that holding the finger down on the keyboard and sliding it all over the place thing for every word -- doesn't fit with my dog **** attention span. 

Edited by IAMX

3 minutes ago, IAMX said:

I've used this for multiple languages as well. I especially used those keyboards for a dialect of German (Bayerisch) because Hochdeutsch is for Breißn (Prussians). ;)

The keyboards can do multiple languages, and they learn well.. I tried Swype but I can't do that holding the finger down on the keyboard and sliding it all over the place thing for every word -- doesn't fit with my dog **** attention span. 

Spell check or no spell check. I am screwed either way 

2 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Likely therapy for how mad Trump is driving them.

If you're living, you're screwed. o6BzITQ.gif

I have never seen anything like it. They can talk of nothing else. Maybe is Tourettes syndrome.  

33 minutes ago, IAMX said:

I trust climatologists, and their work, along with the other Earth sciences thus far has done us a great service. However, the left do a great disservice to the science (putting it nicely) by piggybacking on them and trying to manipulate it for political purposes. If the left wish for science to stay effective, they'll kindly disassociate themselves from it. This is no different than the religious right throughout American history trying to attach themselves to "God" as a way of trying to gain political advantage. Just as contrived, and look where it got them, as well as religion.. never more non-religious people now in American history. Rather than learn from history, the left are trying to repeat it, by turning what society views as trustworthy into their religious-like political machinations. And the result of this is already becoming clear, people trust science less and view it increasingly as political rather than apolitical. 

I asked you this before, and you did not reply, so I will ask again.  

What data was manipulated to fit political purposes?  Be specific and provide your source backing this up.

Refuse to reply and I'll assume you are just perpetuating the lies fed by our corporate lobbyist machine.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Leon & Mylen said:

I asked you this before, and you did not reply, so I will ask again.  

What data was manipulated to fit political purposes?  Be specific and provide your source backing this up.

Refuse to reply and I'll assume you are just perpetuating the lies fed by our corporate lobbyist machine.

As someone who cites this 97% figure, it's amusing you supposedly have no idea how numbers and data are manipulated to fit a narrative, all while citing manipulated data. It's not that I don't trust climatologists, as I just said prior, it's clear they don't have a comprehensive grasp on climate, not due to them being untrustworthy, but because of the extreme complexity of climate. Climate isn't merely simple math equations, if it were, it would be clear our grasp of climate would be undeniable, there wouldn't be so many models, and the factual model that fits the scientific method of being right so many times that the instance of being wrong can easily be dismissed as experimental error would have virtually everyone on board akin to the fabricated and oft cited 97%. However, for political purposes, the bar has been lowered dramatically, so dramatically the left rely exclusively on doomsday scenarios, and the idea that "we can't wait and see", the Earth's climate is just going to implode.. any day now, the Earth will become uninhabitable, humans will die off, whatever else fits the scaremongering narrative. As a natural skeptic who got away from the successful religious scaremongering tactics of "if you don't believe in my deity, you will go to hell", to scare people into compliance, the lefts attempts at repeating it and scaring people into "if you don't believe what I tell you and implement my political policies, we'll all die" doesn't have any effect, nor does it sound rational. As usual, it's emotional banter.

Edited by IAMX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is if you think of it the perfect scam, the climate changes so by definition can never be the right climate, whatever that is. An unlimited and for ever source of funding.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”