Mrs.C.M.

Can Anyone relate to this?.....

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all...

Since our original K-1 visa application being returned to NVC/USCIS, we are now married.  I am in the midst of preparing our file to send off for the CR-1/IR -1 visa. I have noticed that although I have all the things that are needed, I am feeling like I am avoiding sending it out because I don't want to feel great disappointment again.  I will send it out, but I was wondering if any others who have been in this situation have felt this way? I have a re-occurring thought that as much as I sent before wasn't enough to prove the validity than why would it this time. I feel bad for the fact that we know what our relationship is and they could not see that. I am staying positive but I feel a bit of avoidance.  We are so happy and in love and my husband is so supporting and reassuring that we will be fine and be together in God's time and that sometimes our time frame is completely different than what God's plan is for us...... I whole heartedly agree.  I am just thinking it is hard sometimes.  What are or were others feeling that have gone through this process a second time, just wondering?

Mrs. C.M. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I totally understand what you are feeling.  My now husband was also denied the K1 visa so we married and now awaiting our interview in June.  (so nervous!!)  I also was hesitant wondering if this will work and I don't want to undergo that great feeling of disappointment again.  We were both devastated.  I still remember it like it was yesterday.  And now here we go again,  UGH!.  The bottom line is to stay positive and do your research.  Visa Journey will supply you with great information in this process.  Gather as much as you can.  And Pray....a lot!  lol  

We were denied the K1 because of the same thing, they did not believe that we had a bonafide relationship.  So continue to gather as much proof as possible...chat logs...pictures...emails....passport stamps...airline tickets or itinerary...continue to collect proof. Things will work out in the end.  :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will include you guys in my prayers. I'm married to a Canadian who is stuck in Canada, we sent k3 petition as we're already married, we're both citizens of US or Canada and we are still scared. They are living in a hotel away from any family while I wait for approval and visa date of interview. It's very unknown but I'm planning for the best. And if the worst happens I will probably move to Canada to stay together as husband and wife. I wish these clowns were more aware with better judgement.

Edited by kynight

Timeline
1 hour ago, kynight said:

I will include you guys in my prayers. I'm married to a Canadian who is stuck in Canada, we sent k3 petition as we're already married, we're both citizens of US or Canada and we are still scared. They are living in a hotel away from any family while I wait for approval and visa date of interview. It's very unknown but I'm planning for the best. And if the worst happens I will probably move to Canada to stay together as husband and wife. I wish these clowns were more aware with better judgement.

7 hours ago, Dee elle said:

its really understandable that you are anxious about this submission..it has been  a difficult journey for you I am sure, and the memory of being  denied that first time must still be very real..  Although it may seem difficult, reality is that you may be denied again..or better still you will be granted the visa....

Think about this... while you are definitely delaying  receiving a second denial, you are also delaying a positive outcome as well!!  What will happen.. no one knows... but its worth the risk of being denied to get that chance of success.. you wont see the Yes if you dont risk getting a No.

Deep breath, be brave, dont put off the chance to be successful one more day... submit the application! 

7 hours ago, luviscoming1 said:

I totally understand what you are feeling.  My now husband was also denied the K1 visa so we married and now awaiting our interview in June.  (so nervous!!)  I also was hesitant wondering if this will work and I don't want to undergo that great feeling of disappointment again.  We were both devastated.  I still remember it like it was yesterday.  And now here we go again,  UGH!.  The bottom line is to stay positive and do your research.  Visa Journey will supply you with great information in this process.  Gather as much as you can.  And Pray....a lot!  lol  

We were denied the K1 because of the same thing, they did not believe that we had a bonafide relationship.  So continue to gather as much proof as possible...chat logs...pictures...emails....passport stamps...airline tickets or itinerary...continue to collect proof. Things will work out in the end.  :)

Thank you for your prayers and all of the encouragement, I had to go out for work this evening, so I dragged myself into Walgreens and got my passport size photos done along with printing out photos to include in the packet. I didn't make the copy place in time, but that is on my agenda right after work tomorrow so I can complete the packet and get it out this weekend. Sometimes I can see how silly I am about this.....I know I will get through this and it is great to have support along the way.  You all will be in my prayers for the blessings God has for each of you! I will make myself accountable and will post when it goes out.  If you don't hear anything from me by Monday, you are welcome to call me out on it!:D

CM

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I totally relate...we were denied also and we are meeting at the end of June to marry then file the CR1 visa. I am also terrified of another denial but I plan to front load this application and feel we will get the visa. Stay strong and know you are not alone! 

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, natasha-mehdito said:

I totally relate...we were denied also and we are meeting at the end of June to marry then file the CR1 visa. I am also terrified of another denial but I plan to front load this application and feel we will get the visa. Stay strong and know you are not alone! 

Thanks for the support! 

I took a deep breath and I am just finished up our application, I have copied all the things I needed, including our financial ties, miscellaneous packages, cards sent, receipts for our wedding rings, our wedding planners contract, a sampling of chats, video chats, phone records, trip itineraries, tickets, pictures from my visits and our wedding photos etc. I am going to drop it off at the post office on Monday so it goes out 1st thing Tuesday morning.  We will pray pray pray that all will be fine with ours and the others who can totally relate to this.  

CM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrs.C.M. said:

Thanks for the support! 

I took a deep breath and I am just finished up our application, I have copied all the things I needed, including our financial ties, miscellaneous packages, cards sent, receipts for our wedding rings, our wedding planners contract, a sampling of chats, video chats, phone records, trip itineraries, tickets, pictures from my visits and our wedding photos etc. I am going to drop it off at the post office on Monday so it goes out 1st thing Tuesday morning.  We will pray pray pray that all will be fine with ours and the others who can totally relate to this.  

CM

Sending good and positive vibes in your direction!!! XOXO

event.png

Our interview is very soon and i am feeling the same.  We have almost no red flags.  Been married for 1.5 yrs.  he flew half way around the world about 10 times to see me and i flew 8 times.  His family even have flown three times all this in 2 years.

As bonafide as it can get - but i am suddenly having unfounded fears.  Havent slept for several nights and keep cancelling my medical, havent been able to get documents together.

Keep reading visa journey...

i keep wondering what will happen if i get denied... i have wrapped up life here almost and hubby cannot move...  we both have kids..

Am considering seeing a doc... aah and then that goes on my medical :P

Timeline
6 hours ago, Auds said:

Our interview is very soon and i am feeling the same.  We have almost no red flags.  Been married for 1.5 yrs.  he flew half way around the world about 10 times to see me and i flew 8 times.  His family even have flown three times all this in 2 years.

As bonafide as it can get - but i am suddenly having unfounded fears.  Havent slept for several nights and keep cancelling my medical, havent been able to get documents together.

Keep reading visa journey...

i keep wondering what will happen if i get denied... i have wrapped up life here almost and hubby cannot move...  we both have kids..

Am considering seeing a doc... aah and then that goes on my medical :P

Awee....that feeling I know.  

You will be fine, one of the other post said "you won't see the YES if you don't risk getting the no......"

After that was said I remembered I used to say to myself a quote that I had read.........

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King, Jr. 

I feel better and stronger knowing that I am not alone, not that I am happy that any of us feel this way...... but we can take the first step together.  My packet is ready, I reviewed it and rereviewed it and I am going to bring it later today to the post office and as hard as it is I will be to let it go ..... and walk away. I will look forward to our NOA1 and the beginning of this new journey.

God's blessing to all who are on this journey.

CM

The best kind of love ... LOVE that awakens the soul ......... I am filled with the joy of love  ♡❤♡

22 minutes ago, Mrs.C.M. said:

Awee....that feeling I know.  

You will be fine, one of the other post said "you won't see the YES if you don't risk getting the no......"

After that was said I remembered I used to say to myself a quote that I had read.........

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King, Jr. 

I feel better and stronger knowing that I am not alone, not that I am happy that any of us feel this way...... but we can take the first step together.  My packet is ready, I reviewed it and rereviewed it and I am going to bring it later today to the post office and as hard as it is I will be to let it go ..... and walk away. I will look forward to our NOA1 and the beginning of this new journey.

God's blessing to all who are on this journey.

CM

The best kind of love ... LOVE that awakens the soul ......... I am filled with the joy of love  ♡❤♡

Trying to get anxieties in control - cannot risk delaying interview just for few docs that i didnt collect.  Wsited 1.5 years for this.

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:52 AM, Auds said:

Did my medical this morning :)

got vaccinations 

now to put aside anxities and get documents together.

Awesome!:) You did it, now keep the momentum and get your paperwork together.

I mailed my packet last night! So here we go, the journey begins.  Keep me posted! I look forward to your good news!

CM

37 minutes ago, Mrs.C.M. said:

Awesome!:) You did it, now keep the momentum and get your paperwork together.

I mailed my packet last night! So here we go, the journey begins.  Keep me posted! I look forward to your good news!

CM

Got my paperwork collected... but not any less anxious!  Been lying in bed with paplitations, shallow breathing all day.

i think its the anxiety of the full overwhelming circumstances of wrapping up from my country of birth, being away from my babies for a while, missing husband and of course the interview!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.