jg121783

10 Major FBI Scandals on Comey’s Watch

83 posts in this topic

Timeline
5 minutes ago, bcking said:

I agree with you about Watergate, I see this as very different and no where near as severe.

This story is obviously evolving, so what statements from the FBI are you referring to? Last I heard from the FBI was the new Acting Head saying that most people at the FBI had great respect for Comey and didn't have an issue with him, despite the White House claiming otherwise.

The repeated claims sited in this or the other related thread where people in the FBI talk about repeated violations by Comey and looking into him for a while which culminated in the recommendation to fire him. 

To one of these posts I replied that if these memos can be proven or released that Comey has been looked into as stated it puts this idea to bed. 

Edited by IAMX

2 hours ago, ccneat said:

Sorry did not know too many words was an issue.  

You want me to read some BS and come up with arguments to rebut that BS and then you can pick apart my arguments.  Why don't you just make your points?  I don't really  have the energy to go back and look the article up...reading these words is wearing me down. :(

Too many words is not an issue unless all those words can be summed up in a couple sentences. I don't have to make my point because the article does a pretty good job of making my point for me. I understand. There are so many examples of Comey screwing up that the amount of mental gymnastics you would have to do to have something that looks like a valid argument is just too much.

1 hour ago, bcking said:

You have a very loose definition of the term "wall of text". (I by loose I mean you aren't using it properly)

That is usually refering to a post where the person does not include any line breaks and/or has poor sentence structure. A post with normal sentence structure and adequate line breaks is not a wall of text.

I was unaware there was an actual definition for "wall of text". Guess you learn something new everyday.  To me when someone types paragraph after paragraph of text when they could have summed it up by saying "I have no valid argument to counter you with" that is a wall of text.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

6 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Too many words is not an issue unless all those words can be summed up in a couple sentences. I don't have to make my point because the article does a pretty good job of making my point for me. I understand. There are so many examples of Comey screwing up that the amount of mental gymnastics you would have to do to have something that looks like a valid argument is just too much.

I was unaware there was an actual definition for "wall of text". Guess you learn something new everyday.  To me when someone types paragraph after paragraph of text when they could have summed it up by saying "I have no valid argument to counter you with" that is a wall of text.

Funny how the examples in the article are good enough for you and other Trump cronies to condemn Comey, yet the many examples that show how much of a buffoon Trump is haven't sunk in yet. Can you say selective condemnation?

Edited by Teddy B

21 hours ago, jg121783 said:

10 Major FBI Scandals on Comey’s Watch

Grabien News
May 10, 2017

News just broke that President Trump is dismissing the director of the FBI, James Comey.

Comey will inevitably be remembered for the controversial role he played in the 2016 presidential election, where his agency conducted surveillance of the Trump campaign as well as investigated the Clinton camp for mishandling classified materials, giving both sides arguments for how the FBI ultimately swayed the vote.

But even before the 2016 campaign, the FBI endured a number of humiliations under Comey’s tenure. Most damning were revelations that the FBI was generally aware of almost every terrorist who successfully struck America over the last eight years.

Here are 10 of Comey’s biggest embarrassments at the FBI:

1. Before he bombed the Boston Marathon, the FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev but let him go. Russia sent the Obama Administration a second warning, but the FBI opted against investigating him again.

2. Shortly after the NSA scandal exploded in 2013, the FBI was exposed conducting its own data mining on innocent Americans; the agency, Bloomberg reported, retains that material for decades (even if no wrongdoing is found).

3. The FBI had possession of emails sent by Nidal Hasan saying he wanted to kill his fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban — but didn’t intervene, leading many critics to argue the tragedy that resulted in the death of 31 Americans at Fort Hood could have been prevented.

4. During the Obama Administration, the FBI claimed that two private jets were being used primarily for counterterrorism, when in fact they were mostly being used for Eric Holder and Robert Mueller’s business and personal travel.

5. When the FBI demanded Apple create a “backdoor” that would allow law enforcement agencies to unlock the cell phones of various suspects, the company refused, sparking a battle between the feds and America’s biggest tech company. What makes this incident indicative of Comey’s questionable management of the agency is that a) The FBI jumped the gun, as they were indeed ultimately able to crack the San Bernardino terrorist’s phone, and b) Almost every other major national security figure sided with Apple (from former CIA Director General Petraeus to former CIA Director James Woolsey to former director of the NSA, General Michael Hayden), warning that such a “crack” would inevitably wind up in the wrong hands.

https://news.grabien.com/story-10-major-fbi-scandals-comeys-watch

all these fbi 'embarrassments' would be fine and dandy if trump had fired comey and cited these exact 'embarrassments'. he didn't. he praised comey from day one. i don't understand what's so difficult about accepting this is how comey's firing played out. just because you agree with trump firing him doesn't mean you get to make up your own reasons why he did it. in case you've forgotten, this is why: When Trump fired FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday evening, the stated reason in the letter submitted by the deputy Attorney General was Comey’s much-criticized handling of an investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while secretary of state.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-10/real-reason-trump-fired-james-comey-according-politico

16 hours ago, ccneat said:

I dont know what Grabien or Grabem news so I don't know what you think a good news source is but I dont need a virus on this computer.

It links to Prison Planet, Alex Jones's website. :) 

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

Funny how the examples in the article are good enough for you and other Trump cronies to condemn Comey, yet the many examples that show how much of a buffoon Trump is haven't sunk in yet. Can you say selective condemnation?

Some of us aren't triggered by his personality, and lets be honest, if he was a Democrat, you guys wouldn't care about his personality issues. At least, that's going on experience when he was friends with the Clintons.

Edited by IAMX

oh yeah, well if trump was a democrat yous guys wouldn't be defending his every move. sort of a pointless argument, like what if in every thread i projected how hillary would have handled things if she'd won.

anyway it isn't that trump has personality issues, he really doesn't have a personality. he's a salesman and a con. there are probably very few people on this planet that know anything of trump's genuine personality - if he even has one. most narcissists don't. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, IAMX said:

Some of us aren't triggered by his personality, and lets be honest, if he was a Democrat, you guys wouldn't care about his personality issues. At least, that's going on experience when he was friends with the Clintons.

Thats the funny thing, Trump was a lifelong Democrat until he figured out the easier path forward.  As the Dems say, its a broad tent

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
Just now, ccneat said:

Thats the funny thing, Trump was a lifelong Democrat until he figured out the easier path forward.  As the Dems say, its a broad tent

Trump knew his niche and marketed to it. 

However, I will say, about his political transition/evolution, if you saw videos and statements he used to make throughout the 90s and 2000s (since everyone's seen the stuff he's said this decade on Twitter), him becoming a Republican shouldn't be a surprise. He was getting very fed up of establishment politics back then. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Too many words is not an issue unless all those words can be summed up in a couple sentences. I don't have to make my point because the article does a pretty good job of making my point for me. I understand. There are so many examples of Comey screwing up that the amount of mental gymnastics you would have to do to have something that looks like a valid argument is just too much. Note Mavens Assessment of the site supporting my wisdom in not clicking

I was unaware there was an actual definition for "wall of text". Guess you learn something new everyday.  To me when someone types paragraph after paragraph of text when they could have summed it up by saying "I have no valid argument to counter you with" that is a wall of text. Noted, going forward we are using the lowest common denominator for communication 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, elmcitymaven said:

It links to Prison Planet, Alex Jones's website. :) 

Prison Planet as a title would make a great Sci-Fi Pulp Fiction complete with a planet of women guards in dominatrix style outfits, but I digress. 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline

I just visited his site for the first time in years and I think it's funny Alex Jones is trying to rebrand himself as reputable.

I know he's primarily catering to a target audience (otherwise no way this guy could ever legally get on an airplane or get a drivers license for the matter), and despite being on the same side of him on the guns issue, I will never forget how crazy he went on Piers Morgan and on TYT. Guy is just nuts and takes the schtick a little too far.

Edited by IAMX

Timeline
3 minutes ago, IAMX said:

I just visited his site for the first time in years and I think it's funny Alex Jones is trying to rebrand himself as reputable.

I know he's primarily catering to a target audience (otherwise no way this guy could ever legally get on an airplane or get a drivers license for the matter), and despite being on the same side of him on the guns issue, I will never forget how crazy he went on Piers Morgan and on TYT. Guy is just nuts and takes the schtick a little too far.

schtick?  is that what they call it when your words incite some knuckle head to go into a Pizza parlor and shoot it up hoping to liberate children from a Pedophile ring?

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ccneat said:

schtick?  is that what they call it when your words incite some knuckle head to go into a Pizza parlor and shoot it up hoping to liberate children from a Pedophile ring?

I mean, if someone wants to take his words seriously and go off the hinges on a shooting rampage, that's not Alex's fault unless he suggested people do so.

I remember when Alex Jones website was cited in political debates a decade and a half or more ago because of space alien and chemtrail conspiracies, not to mention some theorized George Bush ritual where he and some bigwigs went on a cult Island retreat and worshiped some unknown satanic deity. That's not counting his indefinite "NWO" conspiracies.

Edited by IAMX