jg121783

10 Major FBI Scandals on Comey’s Watch

83 posts in this topic

10 Major FBI Scandals on Comey’s Watch

Grabien News
May 10, 2017

News just broke that President Trump is dismissing the director of the FBI, James Comey.

Comey will inevitably be remembered for the controversial role he played in the 2016 presidential election, where his agency conducted surveillance of the Trump campaign as well as investigated the Clinton camp for mishandling classified materials, giving both sides arguments for how the FBI ultimately swayed the vote.

But even before the 2016 campaign, the FBI endured a number of humiliations under Comey’s tenure. Most damning were revelations that the FBI was generally aware of almost every terrorist who successfully struck America over the last eight years.

Here are 10 of Comey’s biggest embarrassments at the FBI:

1. Before he bombed the Boston Marathon, the FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev but let him go. Russia sent the Obama Administration a second warning, but the FBI opted against investigating him again.

2. Shortly after the NSA scandal exploded in 2013, the FBI was exposed conducting its own data mining on innocent Americans; the agency, Bloomberg reported, retains that material for decades (even if no wrongdoing is found).

3. The FBI had possession of emails sent by Nidal Hasan saying he wanted to kill his fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban — but didn’t intervene, leading many critics to argue the tragedy that resulted in the death of 31 Americans at Fort Hood could have been prevented.

4. During the Obama Administration, the FBI claimed that two private jets were being used primarily for counterterrorism, when in fact they were mostly being used for Eric Holder and Robert Mueller’s business and personal travel.

5. When the FBI demanded Apple create a “backdoor” that would allow law enforcement agencies to unlock the cell phones of various suspects, the company refused, sparking a battle between the feds and America’s biggest tech company. What makes this incident indicative of Comey’s questionable management of the agency is that a) The FBI jumped the gun, as they were indeed ultimately able to crack the San Bernardino terrorist’s phone, and b) Almost every other major national security figure sided with Apple (from former CIA Director General Petraeus to former CIA Director James Woolsey to former director of the NSA, General Michael Hayden), warning that such a “crack” would inevitably wind up in the wrong hands.

https://news.grabien.com/story-10-major-fbi-scandals-comeys-watch

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Trump's mistake was not firing Comey right away. As was the case with all the Obama loyalists left over in the executive branch Trump opted to give him a chance to show he could do his job properly rather than firing him right away. I think he should have taken out the trash right away rather than allow it to rot in the White House.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Which one of the points do you disagree with in the article and why?

Crickets!  The MDL can deflect with the best of them?

:D

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Crickets!  The MDL can deflect with the best of them?

:D

Expect rapid degeneration.  By 7th post we will be talking about Cheetos and golf 

You notice the Trump haters are quiet on this one. No way the left can twist or distort Comey's record to make Trump look bad. He was a horrible FBI director and needed to be fired. Even some on the left were calling for him to be fired when it was politically expedient for them. 

Timeline

So, to so-called president is an even bigger idiot that he appears to be. Instead of firing Comey in January, he was clueless until now, and just when Comey was doing something right and investigating him, he fired the guy.

As a result we have an ethics scandal on top of Trump's inability to govern.

The winning just won't stop!

Edited by CaliCat

Timeline
1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

So you don't deny that Comey was incompetent then.

I dont deny Trump is an idiot, and he has his supporters believing that the same Comey he praised a few months ago, is the same one he purports to have fired due to incompetence yesterday, while said Comey was investigating him.

I have said more than once that Comey should have been fired right away and Trump used bad judgement in going out of his way to give Comey and others a chance to correct their behavior. I guess Trump is naive in a way for not seeing the sheer corruption in DC and not understanding some of these corrupt individuals will not change. It has been a learning curve for him in that respect but he is learning now. You still haven't addressed any of the issues raised in the article related to Comey's incompetence so let's try to get back on topic here.