PaulineA

What are your favourite British bands or solo singers?

69 posts in this topic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many bands to name, but our favorites probably are Joy Division, New Order, The Smiths, Morrissey, Radiohead, The Cure, Depeche Mode...

As for least favorite, I'd have to say the bad pop bands and girl groups, crappy garage,and all that new rock and indie stuff (The Arctic Monkeys, The Kooks, Kasabian, Razorlight....)

Edited by NealandCari

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Have to admit to being a devoted "Duranie" in my younger years. I really thought that I would never get over John Taylor getting married, and then having to watch him in "The Reflex" video looking soooo gorgeous was just too much. I went to a Duran Duran concert a few years ago at Wembley with two of my girlfriends, and I have to say that they were bloody good. We were adjacent to Yasmin Le Bon, who despite kids and being married to Simon, looks so fantastic it would make any girl cry. She really was stunning and NO MAKE UP !!! Simon is very very lucky....

Other Brit music I like : Paul Weller, The Jam, The Police, Madness, Bananarama (they were way cooler than the Spice Girls), Stereophonics, Hard-Fi, The Cult, The Specials, Kaiser Chiefs, Enya (technically Irish but on the right side of the pond), Faithless, and Dido

Music I hate: Captain Sensible, any thrash or death metal, S Club 7 including those annoying little S Club Junior freaks, Five, Gareth Gates, ...... it really would be a very long list...

Yasmin Le Bon is not a human anyway. Alien. Only explanation for looking that good.

Anyhoo, Gareth Gates??? I'd managed to put the pain and suffering caused by his existence behind me...and then you reminded me of him! :bonk:

Music I hate: Captain Sensible, any thrash or death metal, S Club 7 including those annoying little S Club Junior freaks, Five, Gareth Gates, ...... it really would be a very long list...

Don't forget Steps. And Hear'Say. And Liberty X. :whistle:

haha Hear'Say - what a complete bunch of "merchant bankers"!! That doesnt mean to say that Steps or Liberty X are any better but Hear'Say really were #######

Do you remember that Halifax ad where they were singing that Liberty X song talking about how we'd find their interest rates 'sex-yyyyyyyyyyyyy'? I nearly peed myself laughing the first time I saw that! :lol::lol:

thats right ! and they also ripped off a load of other songs. They had that one guy doing all the ads for a while for the Halifax. He was actually supposed to be an employee I believe, but he was tone deaf and danced like my dad after a few shandys.

Am I the only Everything But the Girl fan around here? :o

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

My husband says he likes the Fratellis, Half Man Half Biscuit, Bosgshed, Noseflutes, The Fall, and Robbie Williams.

Just kidding on Robbie Williams........

Completely pointless fact #4567 -- I remember watching one of those terrible morning shows you used to get on Channel 4, and the guy who played Norm from Cheers was on and declared himself a fan of Bogshed. I found it very amusing at the time.

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline
thats right ! and they also ripped off a load of other songs. They had that one guy doing all the ads for a while for the Halifax. He was actually supposed to be an employee I believe, but he was tone deaf and danced like my dad after a few shandys.

He's still doing them; saw one with him in just this morning. :wacko:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Have to admit to being a devoted "Duranie" in my younger years. I really thought that I would never get over John Taylor getting married, and then having to watch him in "The Reflex" video looking soooo gorgeous was just too much. I went to a Duran Duran concert a few years ago at Wembley with two of my girlfriends, and I have to say that they were bloody good. We were adjacent to Yasmin Le Bon, who despite kids and being married to Simon, looks so fantastic it would make any girl cry. She really was stunning and NO MAKE UP !!! Simon is very very lucky....

Other Brit music I like : Paul Weller, The Jam, The Police, Madness, Bananarama (they were way cooler than the Spice Girls), Stereophonics, Hard-Fi, The Cult, The Specials, Kaiser Chiefs, Enya (technically Irish but on the right side of the pond), Faithless, and Dido

Yasmin Le Bon is not a human anyway. Alien. Only explanation for looking that good.

Anyhoo, Gareth Gates??? I'd managed to put the pain and suffering caused by his existence behind me...and then you reminded me of him! :bonk:

I loved it when the press got hold of the story that he was sleeping with "Jordan", aka Katie Price, aka complete twit. She was so proud that he lost his virginity to her (her mum must be so proud). Now of course she is married to that moron Peter Andre who gave us "oh oh oh oh oh oh mysterious girl blah blah...", and that is another one I would like to add to my list of hates. Did anyone watch the Katie and Peter wedding fly on the wall documentary? She looked a right state on her wedding day with a three foot pink tiara and a dress that would make "princess barbie" wince.

My husband says he likes the Fratellis, Half Man Half Biscuit, Bosgshed, Noseflutes, The Fall, and Robbie Williams.

Just kidding on Robbie Williams........

Completely pointless fact #4567 -- I remember watching one of those terrible morning shows you used to get on Channel 4, and the guy who played Norm from Cheers was on and declared himself a fan of Bogshed. I found it very amusing at the time.

:lol: I remember that too! Weird.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I loved it when the press got hold of the story that he was sleeping with "Jordan", aka Katie Price, aka complete twit. She was so proud that he lost his virginity to her (her mum must be so proud). Now of course she is married to that moron Peter Andre who gave us "oh oh oh oh oh oh mysterious girl blah blah...", and that is another one I would like to add to my list of hates. Did anyone watch the Katie and Peter wedding fly on the wall documentary? She looked a right state on her wedding day with a three foot pink tiara and a dress that would make "princess barbie" wince.

Is that who is going to be on VH1? There is some new Newleywed series with a couple that nobody has ever heard of here in the US. Someone named Katie and Peter from the UK. Why they decided to air it here is beyond me b/c NOBODY knows who they are here.

Anyway.... I loved (and still love) Duran Duran. I was able to see them about two years ago in concert here in Orlando where the Orlando Philharmonic played with them... you should have HEARD the version of A View to a Kill and The Chauffeur! AMAZING! They said that was the first time they ever had an orchestra back them for a full concert. I also love Robert Palmer and have learned to appreciate some of the Pink Floyd stuff and Coldplay.

However, I run screaming when I hear Phil Collins, Genesis or a Phil Collins duet (anything with Phil Collins) and I really dislike Simple Minds.

Lisa

Edited by Lisa and Spence

.png

K-1

4/8/2006 - Met online (Lisa in Orlando, Spencer in London)

10/1/2006 - Met in person (Orlando, Key West, Georgia, St.Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau 10/1-23/2006)

10/18/2006 - Got engaged (somewhere between St. Maarten and Florida)

10/23/2006 - Sent I-129F

10/30/2006 - TSC received I-129F

11/3/2006 - NOA1

11/8/2006 - Touched

11/18/2006 - I-129F was sent to CSC

1/14/2007 - Lisa goes to London & Tenerife to see Spence 1/14-28/2007

1/26/2007 - NOA2 approval!

1/28/2007 - Touched

2/14/2007 - Packet 3 arrived

2/21/2007 - Packet 3 sent

3/01/2007 - packet 4 arrived

3/14/2007 - Medical

3/28/2007 - Interview - APPROVED!

5/4/2007 - POE - Orlando, FL

5/18/2007 - Wedding Day!

5/21/2007 - Apply for SSN

5/29/2007 - Receive SSN in mail

6/27/2007 - Received FL Drivers License!

AOS

6/6/2007 - Mail in packet

6/13/2007 - Received in Chicago

7/20/2007 - Tfr to California

9/28/2007 - APPROVED!!!!!

EAD

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

9/4/2007 - Received the EAD in mail as a surprise!

AP

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

8/29/2007 - Received the AP

Is that who is going to be on VH1? There is some new Newleywed series with a couple that nobody has ever heard of here in the US. Someone named Katie and Peter from the UK. Why they decided to air it here is beyond me b/c NOBODY knows who they are here.

Anyway.... I loved (and still love) Duran Duran. I was able to see them about two years ago in concert here in Orlando where the Orlando Philharmonic played with them... you should have HEARD the version of A View to a Kill and The Chauffeur! AMAZING! They said that was the first time they ever had an orchestra back them for a full concert. I also love Robert Palmer and have learned to appreciate some of the Pink Floyd stuff and Coldplay.

However, I run screaming when I hear Phil Collins, Genesis or a Phil Collins duet (anything with Phil Collins) and I really dislike Simple Minds.

Lisa

I had no idea that Katie and Pete were being inflicted on the US. I think they must be trying to compete with Posh and Becks (arch enemies apparently). It will be worth watching just so you can be glad that you are not married to that creep Peter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI

I dont know if it been mention before but on of my favorte Brithish Band is 'THE BEATLES" and Pink floyd is a good one.

Dave Clark Five was good..

I forget a lot but those come to my mind now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.